Welcome to Gaia! ::

merydell
Pouncey
merydell
Pouncey
merydell

ok, that's a good idea..cause i like both the ultra-marines and the black templars,
so i was hoping i could more or less combine they're looks ninja

:: nods :: That'd work fine.

my one concern is regarding tactics and rules..
like which rules my army would be under.. ninja

like if i use ultramarine figures but paint them black templar for example.. which codex would paply?

Whichever you want, just so long as your opponent knows which you're using, and the models are appropriately geared.

so i might as well pick a codex that appeals to me, and then build my army according to it?

Talking about gear like plasma pistols and grenades. What you see is what you get rule is part of the game so you equip them with what you can given by the rules. You can use most any recent Space marine codex if you want until Templars come out.

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Itherial
merydell
Pouncey
merydell
Pouncey
merydell

ok, that's a good idea..cause i like both the ultra-marines and the black templars,
so i was hoping i could more or less combine they're looks ninja

:: nods :: That'd work fine.

my one concern is regarding tactics and rules..
like which rules my army would be under.. ninja

like if i use ultramarine figures but paint them black templar for example.. which codex would paply?

Whichever you want, just so long as your opponent knows which you're using, and the models are appropriately geared.

so i might as well pick a codex that appeals to me, and then build my army according to it?

Talking about gear like plasma pistols and grenades. What you see is what you get rule is part of the game so you equip them with what you can given by the rules. You can use most any recent Space marine codex if you want until Templars come out.

hm, ok..more freedom then i'd guessed ^^

now all there is to do is acquire some funds and painting skills xp

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
I think I'll be going templars 3nodding

Beloved Lunatic

Itherial
Victoria kreuz
Bob and Others
Lord Zatox
Itherial
Lord Zatox
I'm trying to build a Khorne Chaos Marine Army, any tips?

Lots of Khorne Berserkers and rhinos. You also need fire power for tanks and stuff, maybe a predator or 2 for heavy support. Lord on juggernaut might be good or in terminator armor with a terminator squad for a hq choice.

Hmmm, thats what I suspected, I need heavy suppott or fast attacking units to protect my rhin transports with my beserkers.

I'm not up to date on CSM rules, but I used to enjoy using Khorn Bikers.

Khorne deamon princes arnt good :/ they lost the ability to use even one psychic power for not much in return

That is why I suggested A lord in Terminator armor with retinue of khorne terminators and deep strike them if the mission allows. A landraider can't hold 6 models in terminator armor so they might have to walk if you can not deep strike. A juggernaut might be right for a lord too though.

Deep Striking Terminators, I will always laugh at the thought of that after that game I described earlier.
Bob and Others
Itherial
Victoria kreuz
Bob and Others
Lord Zatox

Hmmm, thats what I suspected, I need heavy suppott or fast attacking units to protect my rhin transports with my beserkers.

I'm not up to date on CSM rules, but I used to enjoy using Khorn Bikers.

Khorne deamon princes arnt good :/ they lost the ability to use even one psychic power for not much in return

That is why I suggested A lord in Terminator armor with retinue of khorne terminators and deep strike them if the mission allows. A landraider can't hold 6 models in terminator armor so they might have to walk if you can not deep strike. A juggernaut might be right for a lord too though.

Deep Striking Terminators, I will always laugh at the thought of that after that game I described earlier.

I like my marine drop pods myself. Dreadnoughts in drop pods or stormraven gunships. I normally don't deep strike myself.

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
well, since it just says army discussion here it goes.

has any one else wanted to start an army but decided not to just because of the fluff?

i was thinking of going necrons and was excited when the latest codex came out, but then i read it and was like wtf?

they re writ years of fluff and i was like why?
Vecna the Maimed

has any one else wanted to start an army but decided not to just because of the fluff?

i was thinking of going necrons and was excited when the latest codex came out, but then i read it and was like wtf?

I did not know they rewrite the fluff for them. Is it that bad?

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
Itherial
Vecna the Maimed

got rid of the star gods and replaced them with shards.

got rid of pariahs which were, in the old codex, the next stage of necron evolution.

i like alot of the models and stuff, but its like they didnt have to get rid of the older story.

worse than turning the grey knights into a group of sociopaths. ><

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vecna the Maimed
Itherial
Vecna the Maimed

got rid of pariahs which were, in the old codex, the next stage of necron evolution.

i like alot of the models and stuff, but its like they didnt have to get rid of the older story.

From what i've heard the new fluff Is bloody awefull - they're just space Tomb kings now - i havnt read it because i'm busy pretending the fluff hasnt acctualy been changed
Currently I play Grey Knights as my main army, Sisters of Battle, and Chaos Space Marines as side armies. I will be going back to Chaos as soon as a new Codex comes out. I started playing 40K with the Chaos 3.5 and the 4th edition codex is such unimaginable s**t that I had to switch over to something while I waited. Having played Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters as side armies prior to the Grey Knights 5th edition release, I took up the Grey Knights as my main.

But I will admit, Matt Ward destroys all the fluff he touches. ALL OF IT. I hope he doesn't touch the Chaos codex because if he does he will destroy it seeing as how he's an Imperium player.

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
Victoria kreuz
Vecna the Maimed
Itherial
Vecna the Maimed

From what i've heard the new fluff Is bloody awefull - they're just space Tomb kings now - i havnt read it because i'm busy pretending the fluff hasnt acctualy been changed
i liked the tomb kings.

but the new necrons are a joke. its like "why worry about consistancy when i can have my four year old write the background?"

and i would love to be able to do that but when i love an army as much for fluff as effectiveness its hard.

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
Ryuondo
Currently I play Grey Knights as my main army, Sisters of Battle, and Chaos Space Marines as side armies. I will be going back to Chaos as soon as a new Codex comes out. I started playing 40K with the Chaos 3.5 and the 4th edition codex is such unimaginable s**t that I had to switch over to something while I waited. Having played Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters as side armies prior to the Grey Knights 5th edition release, I took up the Grey Knights as my main.

But I will admit, Matt Ward destroys all the fluff he touches. ALL OF IT. I hope he doesn't touch the Chaos codex because if he does he will destroy it seeing as how he's an Imperium player.
but why does gw let him do that? i mean some of them have spent over a decade working on the backgrounds and now they are messing it up.

its like i like what they did with the guard for the most part, though i wish they still had doctrines. but the last chaos marines book, i didnt like it. like, wtf? though i should say its not the fluff of chaos i dislike so much as the rules.
Dunno if he touched Vampire Counts because it is a great book and the changes were great.
Vecna the Maimed
Ryuondo

but why does gw let him do that? i mean some of them have spent over a decade working on the backgrounds and now they are messing it up.

its like i like what they did with the guard for the most part, though i wish they still had doctrines. but the last chaos marines book, i didnt like it. like, wtf? though i should say its not the fluff of chaos i dislike so much as the rules.

The 4th edition Chaos codex was a**. They stripped distinguishable Daemons from it and made their own codex from them, gimped them tremendously, and then went back to the CSM stripped out the gear and distinguishable legions and made them garbage in comparison to the 3.5 codex. Sure some stats are higher. Sure they cost less. But they suck just as much more. Seriously, Thousands Sons used to not take psychic checks and they used to all be multi-wound models whose bolters were blast templates, Nurgle units used to be able to alter to hit in Close Combat and lower enemy BS, cause wounds from just being near enemy units, remove enemies from cover, as well as kill multi-wound models outright in close combat. Emperors Children were... more useful in that they altered opponents initiative and could cause unholy amounts of wounds in CQB and alter their units stats for the whole game VIA combat drugs. World Eaters used to be able to move +1D6 every movement phase if they rolled a 1 or a 2 of Blood Frenzy, have unholy numbers of attacks, keep the best save an enemy could take as a 4+, ignore invulsaves, ignore magic on a 2+, cause wounds when tank shocking, and gain more attacks for every wound landed with a roll of a 6. Not to mention you actually made your Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes. They didn't have some MC base line stats that you altered VIA their alignment to the Gods. There wasn't anything quite like running a Daemon Prince that was WS6 BS3 S8 T6(5) W4 I5 A4 Sv2/5 with eternal warrior, furious charge, counter attack, feel no pain, wings, and a S6 AP3 storm bolter.

Now the marks are only there to alter one stat. It makes me sick to try and comprehend what they were thinking when they made the 4th Ed codex. They should have just altered points and stats and kept the 3.5.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ryuondo
Vecna the Maimed
Ryuondo

The 4th edition Chaos codex was a**. They stripped distinguishable Daemons from it and made their own codex from them, gimped them tremendously, and then went back to the CSM stripped out the gear and distinguishable legions and made them garbage in comparison to the 3.5 codex. Sure some stats are higher. Sure they cost less. But they suck just as much more. Seriously, Thousands Sons used to not take psychic checks and they used to all be multi-wound models whose bolters were blast templates, Nurgle units used to be able to alter to hit in Close Combat and lower enemy BS, cause wounds from just being near enemy units, remove enemies from cover, as well as kill multi-wound models outright in close combat. Emperors Children were... more useful in that they altered opponents initiative and could cause unholy amounts of wounds in CQB and alter their units stats for the whole game VIA combat drugs. World Eaters used to be able to move +1D6 every movement phase if they rolled a 1 or a 2 of Blood Frenzy, have unholy numbers of attacks, keep the best save an enemy could take as a 4+, ignore invulsaves, ignore magic on a 2+, cause wounds when tank shocking, and gain more attacks for every wound landed with a roll of a 6. Not to mention you actually made your Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes. They didn't have some MC base line stats that you altered VIA their alignment to the Gods. There wasn't anything quite like running a Daemon Prince that was WS6 BS3 S8 T6(5) W4 I5 A4 Sv2/5 with eternal warrior, furious charge, counter attack, feel no pain, wings, and a S6 AP3 storm bolter.

Now the marks are only there to alter one stat. It makes me sick to try and comprehend what they were thinking when they made the 4th Ed codex. They should have just altered points and stats and kept the 3.5.

I think they were trying to make it simpler for new players/idiots :/ so you can blame all those 12yr olds/being a nerd somehow becoming cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff