Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the deck?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

Well I played it at a tournement of 35 and came in fifth... so obvosly there is room for improvement and im looking for gaias veiw.
Before I post let me tell you about the deck. All the creatures in the deck have flying. The point is to get as many Jitte's and swords out on the feild as possible. Once I have them out I dupe them with sculting steel. I protect my life with the shoals, ethernal haze, and holy day.
Anyway, here it is.

New new deck....

20x plains
3x Lantern kimi
3x Skyhunter Skirmisher
4x pteron ghost
2x suntail hawk
3x blinding angel
2x Ethernal haze
4x Holy day
4x Shining Shoal
2x Sculpting steel
2x Umezawa's Jitte
2x Sword of light and shadow
4x Sword of fire and ice
4x Steelshaper's Gift
4x Isochron Scepter
2x ghostly prison

Well what do you think?
Interesting deck. I'm assuming the fact that all the creatures have flying says that's important.

As far as deck changes go (if it'd be a good idea to change it at all), I might reccommend Long-Forgotten Gohei or Faithful Squire/Kaiso Memory of Loyalty with all those spirits. Squire doesn't have flying, though, but its flip form does and has some creature-based damage prevention. However... I'm no expert. I don't know what would be safe to take out, either, except maybe those Suntails.

By the way, you put Sculpting Steel on the list twice.
Looks good beside the fact that you've got eight sculpting steels.
though a good whirlwind or canopy surge whould devistate. sweatdrop
1: You wrote 2* 4* Sculpting Steel in your Decklist.
2: You didn't mention the 4 necessary Holy Day in the Decklist.
3: If you are playing for Holy Day / Ethereal Haze combined with Evasion Creatures, then you should as well play Isochron Scepter. Orim's Chant unfortunately isn't Standard, so it wouldn't work in your deck, but it's strategy would be similar. Your peers will hate you for the Scepter with Holy Day though. xD

4: I wouldn't put 4 Jitte's in my Maindeck because they are Legendary. Even though you got the Mirror Gallery in your Maindeck it is expensive to play this card for additional Jittes. Better use 1 or 2 Jitte's, Steelshapers Gifts to search for them and Sculpting Steal to copy them.
Since I'm not that into Standard ( I usually play extended) think of having some additional Jitte's in a Sideboard (a good deck always requires a good sideboard!) in case you will have a matchup against red or green with artifact hate.

5: The Sword of Fire and Ice always is a good way to give your Attackers additional Evasion abilities and to get rid of nasty creatures of your opponent, so keep 4 copies of this.

6: About the Luminous Angel: This card is a big thing of course, but keep its CC of 7 in mind. The thing is: If it costs you 7, then it better wins you the game right away. I would rethink that and exchange the Luminous Angel for a Blinding Angel maybe. The Blinding Angel fits well in an Evasion / Prevention Deck. Since your attackers can fly they will most likely get through your opponents blockers easily. And of course you always make sure to have some general damage prevention Spells in case your opponent plays something like a Shrapnel Blast on the Angel. Maybe even add some Swords of Light and Shadow to a Sideboard to be able to protect the Angels from Terrors.

7: Play the Pteron Ghost 4 times, since your Deck needs lots of Artifacts and your opponent just will have to bring out all of his Disenchants, Oxidizes, Overloads and stuff out of his sideboard to aim at your Scepters, Swords and Jitte's.

8: In my opinion the Mirror Gallery just wastes 2 important card slots. ( I hope i am right thinking that you can copy legendaries even without the gallery ).

9: Windwalker... Dunno... Might switch a Sword and therefor give a Protection from Color to a blocker - but it's unlikely that you will block in an Evasion / Prevention Deck. Keep it if it saves mana cause of high Equip costs. 2 Copies is a good number though.

No other comments for now, just had a quick look and am not that familiar to standard as I am to extended.
why are you running 2 mirror galerys? you only have what 2 legends in your deck trade them out for ghostly prisons
grandwaltz
why are you running 2 mirror galerys? you only have what 2 legends in your deck trade them out for ghostly prisons

Well, just to let you know im playing two mirrors because of the Jitte...
I have cards in my libary to serch for them... So it's not like it's hard to have more than one in play.
Okay how is this....

20x plains
3x Lantern kimi
3x Skyhunter Skirmisher
4x pteron ghost
2x suntail hawk
2x Luminis Angel
2x Ethernal haze
4x Holy day
4x Shining Shoal
2x Sculpting steel
4x Umezawa's Jitte
2x Sword of light and shadow
4x Sword of fire and ice
4x Steelshaper's Gift
4x Isochron Scepter
Anonymity_in_Grey
Interesting deck. I'm assuming the fact that all the creatures have flying says that's important.

As far as deck changes go (if it'd be a good idea to change it at all), I might reccommend Long-Forgotten Gohei or Faithful Squire/Kaiso Memory of Loyalty with all those spirits. Squire doesn't have flying, though, but its flip form does and has some creature-based damage prevention. However... I'm no expert. I don't know what would be safe to take out, either, except maybe those Suntails.

By the way, you put Sculpting Steel on the list twice.

I don't really want to get off of my main deck porpose.
I don't want to worry about sprits as a main priority.
Plus that will sloww my deck down one or two turns and we can't have that happen.
kei_deathstrike
Looks good beside the fact that you've got eight sculpting steels.
though a good whirlwind or canopy surge whould devistate. sweatdrop

Ya I didn't mean to post it twice.
Deathjester111
bump

Why? It's not like it moves very far in the thread.
Just why?
You are getting there.

My Decklist still would cut out both Luminous Angel and replace them by 3 Blinding Angels though.

Against unbalanced Beatdown you will most likely win after playing a Blinding Angel or Holy Day Scepter.

Make sure to have more Artifact Regeneration in your sideboard (i.e. Welding Jar against Artifact-Hate matchups).

You removed the Mirror Gallery from your Maindeck. OK. But not having a Mirror Gallery makes 4 Umezawa's Jitte way too much. Either play 4 Jitte's with some Gallery or play some Jitte's only (~2 - you still have 4 Steelshaper's Gifts to browse for them, thats like 6 Jitte's in the Maindeck, and you have 1 left in the library if an opponent destroys your first Jitte.)

If you think of the Blinding Angel as an option then you need more Prevention for Direct Damage. Holy Day and Ethereal Haze are good for the Scepter, but they can't protect the Angel from Dir.Dmg.
The Shining Shoals then have to be kept on the hand for the case the Blinding Angel is ever targetted by Direct Damage, they just make no sense in the Scepter though. - Think of a Test of Faith, Hallow, Mending Hands or Healing Salve here for the Sideboard, that would be a great help if your opponent is playing Red Deck Wins. All these 4 Cards have a Synergy with the Scepter as well.

I think thats it. Think of these changes, get a sideboard for the current Standard metagame and next time be somewhere in the Top3 of your Tournament. heh
Personally I would say to ditch the semicontrol elements and go into pure WW mode, but if you're attached to WWc then at least splash blue.
Rabenauge
You are getting there.

My Decklist still would cut out both Luminous Angel and replace them by 3 Blinding Angels though.

Against unbalanced Beatdown you will most likely win after playing a Blinding Angel or Holy Day Scepter.

Make sure to have more Artifact Regeneration in your sideboard (i.e. Welding Jar against Artifact-Hate matchups).

You removed the Mirror Gallery from your Maindeck. OK. But not having a Mirror Gallery makes 4 Umezawa's Jitte way too much. Either play 4 Jitte's with some Gallery or play some Jitte's only (~2 - you still have 4 Steelshaper's Gifts to browse for them, thats like 6 Jitte's in the Maindeck, and you have 1 left in the library if an opponent destroys your first Jitte.)

If you think of the Blinding Angel as an option then you need more Prevention for Direct Damage. Holy Day and Ethereal Haze are good for the Scepter, but they can't protect the Angel from Dir.Dmg.
The Shining Shoals then have to be kept on the hand for the case the Blinding Angel is ever targetted by Direct Damage, they just make no sense in the Scepter though. - Think of a Test of Faith, Hallow, Mending Hands or Healing Salve here for the Sideboard, that would be a great help if your opponent is playing Red Deck Wins. All these 4 Cards have a Synergy with the Scepter as well.

I think thats it. Think of these changes, get a sideboard for the current Standard metagame and next time be somewhere in the Top3 of your Tournament. heh

Okay, so I will take down the Jittes to two. Then I will take out both angels. So then I add in the 3 blinding angels. Then I have to fill that one card. I'll think of something. Maybe ghostly prison.
Ghostly Prison's always fun... That extra 2 mana per turn is always a nuisance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff