WIND 0.2122641509434 21.2% [ 90 ]
EARTH 0.20047169811321 20.0% [ 85 ]
FIRE 0.13915094339623 13.9% [ 59 ]
WATER 0.15094339622642 15.1% [ 64 ]
DARK 0.16037735849057 16.0% [ 68 ]
LIGHT 0.13679245283019 13.7% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 424 ]

DanielValeriusMaximus
Is there a way to put my decks in spoilers? Or anything else that hides them unless you click first. I know it takes WAY too long to scroll through all of that and I don't want to be rude to the people who don't care.
I think spoilers, as much of a pain as it would be, are probably your best bet. sweatdrop
DanielValeriusMaximus
Do any of you play fun decks that aren't meant to be competitive in tournaments? I run 6 of them to play with friends.

*Raises hand*

Me? My favorite/main deck is a pre-MR4 Windwitch Speedroid deck that was originally based on a meta build before I modified it. Most of my friends are mostly causal duelists anyway so I'm more used to seeing and playing against opponents who play more non-competitive or original deck builds.

I'd have to check my deck boxes to refresh my memory, but some decks that I currently have are Trickstar, Dark Magician, Pendulum Magician, Lunalights along with a few others that escape my memory at the moment, but I usually try to have a deck for every summoning mechanic. The majority of my decks start out as a current meta-based build, but then I usually modify it after test hands/test plays along with actual dueling when I get the chance to modify to fit my own style.

I'll also try decks I find interesting out and see if I actually like them or not, usually putting them in a binder if not until I feel the time is right to test them again. For example, I loved me some Toons and Reliqunished decks since I found their mechanics so fun and interesting, but then I put them in my deck binder 'cause I felt they needed more in-deck themed search and/or draw power. I'm not a big fan of using Allure to Darkness if I can help it. It was the same for Rank 10, and later Shadoll, Trains, I LOVED the simplicity and effectiveness of the deck, but I found it dead-drawed a little too much for my liking. I'm happy that some new support was just released and since I've been meaning to try out the Time Lords anyway, I figured I'd make a hybrid deck out of them soon. xd

Probably one my most well known/infamous builds among my friend group was an Exodia Troll deck I used to run. It had the Exodia parts of course, but the whole deck was designed to piss off my opponent. It had like 3 of Pot of Greed, Duality and Marshmellon and even multiples (I think also at 3) of cards such as Fossil Dyna and Thunder King Rai-Oh, making it more of an Anti-Meta Exodia Troll deck. It also had a mini Kaiju engine in it as well. It was fun to play, but I eventually dropped it since I needed some space in my deck boxes and I didn't want to buy another one. xd

I'll probably rebuild it again someday since my friends, even the couple that play meta, liked the idea of it, but this time even more absurd, I just don't know how I'd make it more consistent. sweatdrop xp

(Sorry for the double post, btw. I acutally didn't realize it was the same guy until I was already typing this post. sweatdrop ))
Mr Jes
DanielValeriusMaximus
Is there a way to put my decks in spoilers? Or anything else that hides them unless you click first. I know it takes WAY too long to scroll through all of that and I don't want to be rude to the people who don't care.
I think spoilers, as much of a pain as it would be, are probably you're best bet. sweatdrop

How?
DanielValeriusMaximus
Mr Jes
DanielValeriusMaximus
I think spoilers, as much of a pain as it would be, are probably you're best bet. sweatdrop

How?
You know how it looks when you're bolding or italicizing text on Gaia?

You basically take the same format and just replace the letter that stands for bold/italicize and replace it with the word "spoiler" instead.

I'll use hashtags instead of the normal brackets to make it a bit easier to follow what I mean.

#spoiler# Text Here #/spoiler#

Actual Spoiler example here. Quote this post and you'll see what I mean about the correct formatting. 3nodding

Hope that helps. sweatdrop
New Ban List Woo
https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Banned -
Snow
Grinder Golem
Topological bomber dragon
Number 42 Galaxy Tomahawk
Number 86 Heroic Champion Rxyxyxnsmskfhdihdnfkngnfk(sp)
Soul Charge

Limited-
Chaos Emperor Dragon
Cyberstein
Dark Grepher
Shurit
El Shaddoll Construct
Brilliant Fusion
Gold Sarcophagus
Magical Mid-breaker Field
Scapegoat
Slash Draw

Semi limited - Nothing added

Unlimited -
Inzektor Hornet
Nekroz of Brio
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
Monarchs Stormforth
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Wind-up Magician
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Limiter Removal
Infernity Barrier
Every ban was BADLY needed, though I was okay with Soul Charge. Though no Grinder Golem means Security Dragon has no TCG purpose.

Every limit is adored, and some of them have suddenly made me very rich. heart

3 Brio, 3 Slumber, 3 Stormforth, 3 EEV, 3 Limiter oh god my seed boils inside of me~

a m a z i n g list
JZNK-EN002

xX Shifting Aether Xx

I was honestly surprised they hit Soul Charge, but help a guy who hasn't watched any Yugituber videos in a couple of months, what does Magical Mid-breaker Field do?

Also, I remember that Brilliant Fusion was run/abused in Thunder Dragon and FTK decks that were still lurking around, but was the hit really needed? I mean, I remember reading a few comments that the same thing could have been accomplished without taking Gem Knight's best card away. I really don't know, just asking. sweatdrop

Biggest Anubutt

Kinda a weird question but what is a link monster? Now I know what it means in terms of gameplay and the rules it comes with, but I'm talking more about it's definition. Some examples of what I mean...

A fusion is a monster that's a combination of (basically) two monsters to create something new. It doesn't exist in the world (I guess like the Duel Monsters Spirit World or something like that) until it's fused unlike say reg monster cards generally.

Synchros I feel are a mix of fusions and rituals come to be by monsters who have a poly-like effect inside them (tuners). I would say something like nitro synchron feels to me more a fusion into nitro warrior whereas the signer dragons feel more like ritual summoning since the requirements are so vague.

Xyz monsters are said to be summoned from another dimension made possible by the overlay network. I'd like to think though that it's some sort of combination of anti-matter (I specifically remember them mentioning that xyz mons were made of that back during their introduction) and the monster it related to in cases like Armored Kappa. Maybe it is just (cognizant/sentient) anti-matter and not the monster just residing in that other dimension until it's called, and the anti-matter takes cues from what it wants to become. Like Armored Kappa being influenced by psychic kappa and that's why the requirement is level 2s (I mean I know that's why they, the game's makers, decided to do it I'm just speaking about the game's world). Not as solidly understand how it works in this context compared to fusons and sychros but generally makes sense as being justified as an extra deck monster.

But what about links? Besides being a way to change the game and slow down extra deck plays, how would they be defined as I did the above? I know they belong in the extra deck because of the whole ruling they brought with them with the addition of the extra deck zones, but otherwise they don't feel like they meet the criteria the extra deck was originally for. I know things change and the extra deck has become more than what it's original purpose was for, but up to xyz they do kinda still have a theme and I just don't see how links fit in there and wish they did. It feels like more like how pendulums go there after being destroyed. I didn't keep up with pendulums (I understood how they generally worked and stuff but) but couldn't they have been also nerfed (to prevent crazy monster reborn-like special summoning which is why I figured they made the rule about being sent to extra instead of graveyard) if they were just treated as spell cards in grave?
Brilliant Fusion was already VERY abusive, it probably wasn’t because of Thunder Dragons using it.
Mr Jes
JZNK-EN002

xX Shifting Aether Xx

I was honestly surprised they hit Soul Charge, but help a guy who hasn't watched any Yugituber videos in a couple of months, what does Magical Mid-breaker Field do?

Also, I remember that Brilliant Fusion was run/abused in Thunder Dragon and FTK decks that were still lurking around, but was the hit really needed? I mean, I remember reading a few comments that the same thing could have been accomplished without taking Gem Knight's best card away. I really don't know, just asking. sweatdrop

Mid-breaker field kept your monsters safe from destruction by opponents card effects. So you could go off without worry ing about interuption.

Pretty sure it was Thunder Dragon's abuse of Brilliant Fusion that got it banned, konami doesn't like it when you using cards from one arc type to help another arc type (pk fire not included for some reason)
xX Shifting Aether Xx
Mr Jes
JZNK-EN002

xX Shifting Aether Xx

Mid-breaker field kept your monsters safe from destruction by opponents card effects. So you could go off without worry ing about interuption.

Pretty sure it was Thunder Dragon's abuse of Brilliant Fusion that got it banned, konami doesn't like it when you using cards from one arc type to help another arc type (pk fire not included for some reason)

Damn, did it have any drawbacks or restrictions whatsoever?

Yep, see also every other hybrid that we have almost that tops. Seriously makes you wonder if they even play test any of these cards?
((The world may never know about PK Fire, btw))

Biggest Anubutt

I don't know if anyone plays Duel Links here but I just had an epic game. I saved the replay and it gave me a url so I can share it I think? Either way a great back and forth and fun, plus both of us (without knowing ahead of time) gave each other a "Nice!" so both were good sports. This is one of my duels I want to transcribe into a story or picture. Win or lose it's a great match.
I just use a basic lightsworn/Judgment Dragon deck.

3 Judgment Dragon
3 Wulf
3 Raiden
3 Lyla
3 Felis
3 Lumina
3 Goblindberg
1 Glow-Up Bulb

1 Monster Reborn
3 Monster Reincarnation
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole