Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Lunatic

I'm looking for a short term substitute for tarmogoyf while I save up the money for that most expensive green beastie. I am well aware that nothing replaces goyf... but for the short term I need something that can stand in his place. I'm open to all suggestions.

My thoughts have been

Scavenging Ooze
Quirion Dryad
Nimble mongoose

feel free to break from those ranks though

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It really depends on the deck and metagame.

Dedcadent Pants

What Liq said, but my thoughts would be to lean towards Ooze first, due to the frequency of critters dying, or, the most generically useful of the bunch.

Dryad really requires a specific deck to work decently.

Mongoose is one of those cards that just really isn't as good as people want it to be. If you're sorely lacking in 1 drops, it might be an option, but outside of Threshold, I don't see much value in it.

High-functioning Hellraiser

Scooze is probably your best bet. It's got the same cmc as Tarm, & both use graveyard based abilities. So I guess in testing your deck with it, the two won't seem a whole lot different.

Dryad is better in decks that make full use of its ability, ie: run a lot of colors with low casting cost or somethin. They are pretty deck specific & I've never had much luck with them.

Mongoose is okay, but it ain't no Slippery Boggle. There's just too many 1 drops that are way better than it.

Besides, Scooze has the best ability to abuse.

Feral Lunatic

Scavenging ooze has ended up being the more steady of the three in my testing. I'll probably run him until i can get the goyfs... least this time i won't be spending hundreds for a land i guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff