Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Anyone else here in love with this game?

I play Imps mostly, and it feels like I'm cheating because the TIE Interceptors are so bad a**. I'm okay with the Rebels when I play them. I overuse the B-Wings though.

Anyone who plays -- What's your favourite faction? Favourite fighter? Do you use the larger ships? What tactics do you find most effective?

Interested but don't play -- What draws you to the game? What do you expect from it?

Beloved Lunatic

...and here I thought this game was popular.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The game is super popular in respect to all other miniature games. However when it comes to table tops gaming, its just interesting.
Loved the game... back in vanilla. Haha. I honestly can't afford to be competitive/up to date with it. I can't really play at league anymore because the newest ships I have are Wave 2. sweatdrop Maybe with a HSF list, maybe. but all the new fancy s**t that's out, people just mop the floor with me, lol. Not to say it's not fun.

Still love the game in design, playability, and sheer fun. It's just a really great system and I love playing at home with the limited ships and upgrades that I have. The capitol ships actually looked cool though,might get one.

Beloved Lunatic

vin the fanatic
Loved the game... back in vanilla. Haha. I honestly can't afford to be competitive/up to date with it. I can't really play at league anymore because the newest ships I have are Wave 2. sweatdrop Maybe with a HSF list, maybe. but all the new fancy s**t that's out, people just mop the floor with me, lol. Not to say it's not fun.

Still love the game in design, playability, and sheer fun. It's just a really great system and I love playing at home with the limited ships and upgrades that I have. The capitol ships actually looked cool though,might get one.

Oh, I only play friendly games and I still spend too much on it. I don't even have any budget left for other games.

Oh man, I'm trying to pretend I don't know about the capitol ships. Having them would be awesome.

Have you tried reading up on strategies to find a way to win? The game should maintain balance between waves.
from blue to
vin the fanatic

Oh, I only play friendly games and I still spend too much on it. I don't even have any budget left for other games.

Oh man, I'm trying to pretend I don't know about the capitol ships. Having them would be awesome.

Have you tried reading up on strategies to find a way to win? The game should maintain balance between waves.

Yeah I've got some tips from the Fantasy Flight forums a while back. But I'm not too concerned with winning all the time, I just like playing. Anyways, I need to break the game out again. Haven't played in months. I was thinking about writing a campaign at one point.
I've never even flown a B-wing redface They look pretty badass.

I really want to try the Bomber though. So many options. Like a Bomber and Slave only list.

Beloved Lunatic

vin the fanatic

I really want to try the Bomber though. So many options. Like a Bomber and Slave only list.

Those B-wings and TIE Bombers can dish out some hellish firepower. I had good results the only time I used bombers by flanking them with cheap TIE Fighters.
from blue to
vin the fanatic

Those B-wings and TIE Bombers can dish out some hellish firepower. I had good results the only time I used bombers by flanking them with cheap TIE Fighters.

Wait 2 Bomber 4 TIE? That sounds fun.

I played against a 2 Bomber 1 Lambda list that was brutal. He was giving out free Target Locks to his bombers even on ships outside it's range, pretty much every round... eek

Beloved Lunatic

vin the fanatic
from blue to
vin the fanatic

I played against a 2 Bomber 1 Lambda list that was brutal. He was giving out free Target Locks to his bombers even on ships outside it's range, pretty much every round... eek

eek
I have not messed with any of the larger ships. That sounds...as you say, brutal.
from blue to
vin the fanatic
from blue to
vin the fanatic

eek
I have not messed with any of the larger ships. That sounds...as you say, brutal.

Falcon can be a powerhouse and is easiest to shoot with. Slave I's are harder to fly, and shoot, but can be deadly with the right upgrades. Never flown a Lambda either but it's all about the support abilities.
My campaign was going to be something like this:

2 Player RPG style campaign, multiple matches/sessions. One GM and another 'Hero' player. The hero would start off with a small crew of pilots. And have opportunity to rescue different new ships in every 'level', which carry over to the other sessions. BUT- if the GM(me) shoots down any of your ships, you can no longer use that character in the rest of the game.

Basically, similar to Fire-Emblem in space. xd

Beloved Lunatic

vin the fanatic
My campaign was going to be something like this:

2 Player RPG style campaign, multiple matches/sessions. One GM and another 'Hero' player. The hero would start off with a small crew of pilots. And have opportunity to rescue different new ships in every 'level', which carry over to the other sessions. BUT- if the GM(me) shoots down any of your ships, you can no longer use that character in the rest of the game.

Basically, similar to Fire-Emblem in space. xd

That sounds pretty cool. It's be interesting to see how people's tactics change when losses carry over to the next game.
So my friend got Edge of the Empire and he is going to start a campaign. biggrin We are going to use my X Wing minis for ship to ship combat. My character is going to be an assassin droid and hopefully I and maybe another will be flying the slave. I'm stoked for it

Beloved Lunatic

vin the fanatic
So my friend got Edge of the Empire and he is going to start a campaign. biggrin We are going to use my X Wing minis for ship to ship combat. My character is going to be an assassin droid and hopefully I and maybe another will be flying the slave. I'm stoked for it

Oh, I've been wanting since I heard of this game to use it in place of the ship combat in a Star Wars rpg. Just haven't had any such games in a while...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff