Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Rare

Trying to get back in the swing of things, thought I'd go with something simple...a deck built simply to beat the crap out of someone through sheer power.

That, and I wanted to try out the transform mechanic from the first parts of the Innistrad block, since I fell out of the game again after NPR.

Anyway...

-MONSTERS-
-26-
Scorned Villager x4
Mayor of Avabruck x4

Reckless Waif x4
Village Ironsmith x4
Kruin Outlaw x3

Immerwolf x4
Huntmaster of the Fells x3

-SPELLCRAFT-
-14-
Naturalize x4
Moonmist x4
Beast Within x3

Incinerate x3

-LAND-
-20-
Forest x5

Mountain x4

Rootbound Crag x4
Copperline Gorge x4
Evolving Wilds x3

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Maindeck:

Creatures
4 Daybreak Ranger
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
4 Immerwolf
2 Instigator Gang
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Reckless Waif
4 Wolfbitten Captive

Enchantments
4 Full Moon's Rise

Instants
3 Gut Shot
3 Moonmist

Basic Lands
8 Forest
8 Mountain

Lands
4 Copperline Gorge
2 Kessig Wolf Run
2 Rootbound Crag

Heres Chapins list from a few months ago. Its not super exciting and it hasn't be upgraded for AVR yet. I think Beast within and naturalize aren't right for the maindeck. Beastwitin creates a relevant threat that you do have to deal with. All your guys bash on the ground and this card clogs it up well. Naturalize is just too weak of an effect to start in the main but an easy board. I'll try to update later hopefully this helps.

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
4 Immerwolf will help this deck but other than that pretty good.

Mythical Rare

Immerwolf's already in there, right below Kruin Outlaw.

@Emrakul: I mainly opted for those two in order to have a means of dealing with opposing monsters, artifacts, and enchantments so that there was less in the way of my creatures and my opponent's face. Still, yeah, I see your point about sideboarding Naturalize. Maybe I ought to swap Beast Within out for some P/T-boosters instead?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

You can ignore arti's/enchants g1, your a very aggro and you try to ignore those cards. Game 2 you add naturalize. IN g1 you wanna go for the kill quickly and don't worry about tere crap, if you want instant stuff more burn spells. incinerate brimstone volley (shrine if you end up more red then green). Beat within is a trap in agressive decks. The 3/3 is really awk for you.

Mythical Rare

Okay, so...

Naturalize to Sideboard, BW out, and in their place...

I'm thinking maybe Gut Shot and Mutagenic Growth? Maybe 3 of each and an additional land? Perhaps swap a Crag and Gorge out to make room for some Kessig Wolf Runs?

How the build would look then

-MONSTERS-
-26-
Scorned Villager x4
Mayor of Avabruck x4
Reckless Waif x4
Village Ironsmith x4
Kruin Outlaw x3
Immerwolf x4
Huntmaster of the Fells x3

-SPELLCRAFT-
-13-
Mutagenic Growth x3
Moonmist x4
Gut Shot x3
Incinerate x3

-LAND-
-21-
Forest x5
Mountain x4
Rootbound Crag x3
Copperline Gorge x3
Kessig Wolf Run x3
Evolving Wilds x3

Girl-Crazy Grabber

The 1/1s for 2 aren't really exciting (outside of mayor of avabruk) the iron smith and scorned villager aren't exciting enough. I think the 3/3 flash guy might be good to help flip them (plus synergy with the mayor) I dunno about mutagenic growth tho. Its good against burn spells but kinda sucks with flippin your dudes.

Mythical Rare

I went with Scorned Villager as a means of mana ramping. Ironsmith I opted for due to having first strike.

Looking at Wolfbitten Captive against Reckless Waif, though, yeah, I can see the appeal.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

If you really wanna push the ramp I say play llanowar elves, they do the same thing and cost less. Yea they don't transform but they do jump your mana production earlier (or eat a removal spell before youre real threats do).

Mythical Rare

I was looking at BoPs first, actually, since they can generate both colors. The ability to generate GG when transformed was what caught my interest in the end there, though.

Looking at things again, though, I'm starting to think ramp wouldn't be all that necessary; the costliest thing in the whole deck is only 4 mana.

Mythical Rare

Another thought I had in regards to the kind of boosts I had in mind with Mutagenic Growth...Equipment.

-Equipping =/= casting a spell, so it won't cut into the "no spellcasting to transform" side of things.
-Boost lasts longer than a turn.

One in particular that caught my eye was Silver-Inlaid Dagger. +2/+0 to transformed lycanthropes, +3/+0 to untransformed to help them be a bit more useful. Also considering Avacyn's Collar; creature dies while untransformed, I get a replacement critter out of the deal, and if it's transformed...well, then it gains power from being transformed.

Granted, to help them survive before transformation, toughness-boosting equipment might be preferable instead....hm. Sharpened Pitchfork and Accordion Shield perhaps?

(yes, I know that's not the right name. :b)

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Most equipment that isn't a Sword of X and Y usually isn't powerful enough (exceptions being cards like jitte and clamp XD). Pitch fork and Accordian don't do enough to warrant the inclusion, Daggers close but with your dudes lacking evasion its not quite on par (however if you ever build a budget delver build dagger is good enough on invis stalker and delver lol). If you need a larger equipment and your on a budget cleaver does some good work (when there unflipped) but its a little slower and clunkier then it needs to be.

Mythical Rare

Yeah, I was really trying not to think about those damned Swords..I realize they merit their Mythic Rare status, but I tend to try and work on ideas that don't involve sinking boatloads of money into them (particularly at the moment due to lacking any income)....maybe I should be trying PPS instead. XP

That being said, the Scars and Beseiged swords would be excellent fits...B&M making Wolf tokens is a nice fit thematically, and F&F's prot-black has obvious benefits on top of the mana-recharge's use with Kessig...

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Yea swords aren't exactly budget friendly, Body and mind doesn't see a ton of play but it still commands a pricetag. Personally I hate mythic rares but even good rares are getting rediculous (damn snaps/cavern of souls). Building on the cheap isn't easy and it gets worse when sets are made around mythics/sweet edh cards.

Mythical Rare

So I'm noticing. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas