Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Whats the best set up for a bounty hunter based charater. I have it set up for a ranger and maybe half orc. With melee spec instead of long range.
For Pathfinder, I'd go with a Fighter/Rogue, the abundance of Feats and Skills that will assist you in tracking down your quarry. As for race, it would be either Human (extra Feat and Skill Points) or Elf.

Once you've cornered your target, I would go for a decent mix of ranged and melee Feats. However, I would go for things more along the line of Improved Trip and Improved Disarm, to control the fight.

In Chaos 6010, there's two options for what you're looking for... there's both a Bounty Hunter class and a Tracer class.

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
what would be the best way to start this from level 1

Dapper Prophet

Probablly go figher first the way he has it set up, make sure to ALWAYS put ranks in survival, it's the tracking skill.

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
a ranger would not be a good bounty hunter??

Dapper Prophet

it woulbe bad but I have to agree that fighter would be better, far more feats.

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
but what of the trakeing of certen creatures and the the favored enemy bonus Just straight up humeniod and he would have a huge advantage

Dapper Prophet

rangers just get a bonus to track, fighters can track to, also bounty hunters try and take their target alive so extra damage to humanoids would be pointless if that's what your going for. (Because bounty's are typically higher if the target is alive then dead)

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Ok didnt think that logic. hmmm what of a multai class ranger and fighter instead of theif ???]

Dapper Prophet

honestly I'd go straight fighter, multiclassing in pathfinder is underpowered

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
So fighter with very little skills

Dapper Prophet

well you are a human which prings you up to you skills per level equaling 3+int, then your favored class bonus can be in either health or a bonus skill point which would be 4+int skills, if you take the fast learner feat then you can have the bonus be 1 health and 1 skill point per level, also if you take the improvisation feat (these are both human only feats) you get +2 to all skills that don't have a rank in them and can use any skill untrained, then take improved improvisation making that bonus +4

Witty Humorist

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Why not druid?

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
why a druid??