Welcome to Gaia! ::

Can you win in 3 turns or less

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 18, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Fashionable Explorer

Me personally? Heck no. My deck is fast, but not that fast. Now, I have seen two seperate guys lay complete waste, one with an elf deck, one with...a sliver deck, I wanna say. I know the elf deck has a 3-turn win...some weird "tapping for infinite mana, forcing you to draw infinite cards" sort of combo.
I'd like to argue that though speed is important, so is consistency. I mean, yes, a turn 1 kill is quite impressive, but if the deck itself only wins 40% of the games it plays, when it does get a turn 1 kill, than I don't think that is very impressive. I think it's more impressive to say win 80% of the games you play, winning by turn 5 or 6.

Naturally though, if you can win quickly, and consistently, you're in good shape.

In the end, I'm more interested in winning as opposed to how quick/stylish the win is, since that's ultimately what matters in the game. I mean, if you go for a /cool/ win strategy and only pull it off 25% of the time I'd argue that though you /can/ do something cool, it's not effective and therefore isn't worth doing.

Distinct Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
it's not super consistant ((60%?)) but if I got the perfect hand.. yeah I guess my deck would win on turn 3

Kiki-Jiki
Chrome Mox + red card x 2
Talisman of Impulse x 2
Intruder alarm
Mountain
Island
Wizard Replica

whee

Or or.. Does turn four concede count?

Darksteel Collosus
Nuisense Engine
Talisman of Progress
Urza lands ((one of each))
Chrome Mox + blue card
Proteus Staff
World Slayer
City of brass

there is also another one but i cant recall it right now.. sweatdrop
First turn:
Mountain
Chrome Mox with imprint
Play Desperate Ritual
Play Seething Song
Play Sneak Attack and activate
Attack with Serra Avatar

20 damage, seven cards. Not too great, but hella cool.
I can get a Mindslaver lock by turn five in MrBC.

Turn One: Ancient Den, Chromatic Sphere
Turn Two: Seat of the Synod, pop Sphere and tap out for Squire to get back sphere
Turn Three: Great Furnance, Trinket Mage for next color land
Turn Four: Vault of Whispers, Chromatic Sphere, Thirst of Knowledge tossing Slaver
Turn Five: Bringer of the White Dawn for WUBRG

Unlikely, but not the intended win anyway. Just the 'optimal game'.
well. it seems i've come to the right place for my magic needs. im itching to proxy up the most broken/illegal deck imaginable. any suggestions? im leaning towards academy, but some others look pretty good. any suggestions for my deck to whip out if anyone starts mouthing off?
First turn win:
Hatred, Raging Goblin, Chrome Mox, Mountain, 2x Dark Ritual, [any other black card]

I'm sure you could find that opening hand configuration in a somewhat viable red/black agro deck. It's not very pratical to hold out for that combanation, but I usually go for the creative win rather than the tried and true one. Deck building for me, is half the fun.

I also disagree with the assertion that any good deck should be able to win in a certain amount of turns, as I am a big fan lockdown decks. I will meet the prevailing opinion halfway, however, by saying that your mechanisms to win should be in place within the first few turns.
Genshiro
I might be able to win with my Red Dragons, depending on what I get. I've had several occasions where I got a 6/5 flier out on turn 2, and once I got an 8/8 flier on turn 2.

Even so, that'll still have me winning on turn 4 at the earliest, so... Eh.

What cards did you use to do that?
what about heartless hidetsugu, spirit link, and over blaze, that would get rid of everybody and give you all there life points, right

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Llowalyn
what about heartless hidetsugu, spirit link, and over blaze, that would get rid of everybody and give you all there life points, right
hidetsugu alone costs five mana, how do you plan on getting that out before turn four?
SporkMaster5000
there's the incredibly unlikely first turn win in standard right now: a hand containing mountain, raging goblin, two blazing shaols and two myojin of infinite rage gets 21 damage, first turn.

as i said, incredibly unliekely, but if you have a weird monored deck using all of them, there's always the possibility.

Damn. I was going to mention that one.

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Exarion
SporkMaster5000
there's the incredibly unlikely first turn win in standard right now: a hand containing mountain, raging goblin, two blazing shaols and two myojin of infinite rage gets 21 damage, first turn.

as i said, incredibly unliekely, but if you have a weird monored deck using all of them, there's always the possibility.

Damn. I was going to mention that one.
xd
it's the only first turn win i know specifically. which is kinda sad, because i've been playing for a while. i should know something older than that.
SporkMaster5000
it's the only first turn win i know specifically.

There's the one I posted on this very page. You can also get one with Tendrils of Agony, Braingeyser/Stroke of Genius, along with alot of moxes/dark rituals/black lotus, but it requires that you not only get the right opening hand, but also the right draws. You play artifact mana/spell mana sources, use that mana to draw with Stroke/Geyser, and then play a Tendrils that has 13 other copies of itself . I worked it out before, and I can assure you that it works, but I don't have the explanation for it lying around. You can go with just Braingeysers as they are not restricted anymore, but it is also possible to pull off a win with Strokes.

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
cathl
SporkMaster5000
it's the only first turn win i know specifically.

There's the one I posted on this very page. You can also get one with Tendrils of Agony, Braingeyser/Stroke of Genius, along with alot of moxes/dark rituals/black lotus, but it requires that you not only get the right opening hand, but also the right draws. You play artifact mana/spell mana sources, use that mana to draw with Stroke/Geyser, and then play a Tendrils that has 13 other copies of itself . I worked it out before, and I can assure you that it works, but I don't have the explanation for it lying around.
alright, the only one i knew specifically, and probably the only one i'll remember after this thread dies. I'm horrible at remembring things. But yeah, people have been spouting winning hands throughout the thread, so I've got more than just that at the moment.

Dangerous Lunatic

Anyone wanna try my deck?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas