Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Warlord

8,700 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
I would like to know more people that play MTG and what kinda decks they played and for how long?

I have played since conflux I play 1 burn, and 1 soldier deck primarily. I also have an infect I like and some others. I am working on 3.

Springtime Explorer

11,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Hello there!

I first learned how to play Magic back when Mirrodin and Kamigawa were out. All I played was casual, kitchen-table magic because that's all I knew about. I didn't know there were different formats and tournaments and such, so I didn't have a lot of cards, nor was I a serious player.

I stopped playing around Shadowmoor, and missed everything up until Gatecrash (Innistrad/RtR standard). The only reason I got back in (and I'm thankful for this) is because my now-husband wanted to learn. So I taught him, and we attended a few FNMs, and I learned about competitive play and the standard format.

After we graduated from college, we moved and found a local game store that we've been going to for the past year and a few months. We played a lot of standard and got better little by little, and also learned about the other formats. Now we are considered two of the better players at our shop, and do well in standard, modern, legacy, and drafts. All of these are at our store, of course. We're not quite good enough to place well at an open or IQ yet.

------------------------------------------------

I play U/W Heroic in the current standard, BUG Infect in modern (though I'm thinking about dropping the black), and Dark Maverick in Legacy (but I'd eventually like to build Infect here as well).

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I've only been playing for two years this year, and while I have a number of decks, my main deck is Blue/Black. It's Standard which means I have to change it around every so often and that's a pain. I don't even do FNM, so I have no idea why I make it Standard. 8T
When I can pick from anything to make a deck I get bored. I prefer to play limited, specifically drafting. Coming up with new ways to exploit an ability and make the most of what was available is fun for me. I do tend to gravitate toward blue/black though.

Newbie Noob

I've been playing since New Phyrexia and I've been playing mostly Red/Black aggro since then. But since the recent prerelease, I've been dabbling more into control decks. Kind of a change of pace haha razz

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
I've been playing since Born of the Gods, yeah I'm still somewhat new...Decks that I've been playing? Well the last Friday that I was with friends, I've been playing with my Sultai/Silumgar commander deck, but I also play with my Mardu/Kolaghan commander deck, and a couple others I forgot what they are at the moment. Also I am making a commander decks of all five clans from the current block. I am close to completing my Temur/Atarka deck, and I still have my Abzan/Dromoka, Jeskai/Ojutai decks that I need to figure out how close I am to 100 cards, but I am also working on a Blue/Black mill, Green/Red, and a pentacolor artifact deck(With Child of Alara as the commander.). I have also noticed that when I make decks just to casually play with my friends, they tend to have enough cards to make a commander deck.

Ice-Cold Tactician

16,690 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Marathon 300
  • The Key to Victory 50

I play several decks. Currently for standard I am running
the typical Esper dragons with Soulfire Grandmasters instead
of Tasigurs. Though I am planning on remaking my Izzet
combo/midrange deck here.

For EDH I run my monogreen combo deck with Temur
Sabertooth and Cloudstone Curio as some of the enablers.

For French EDH I play "A Bigger Staler Baguette" which is
a Bant aggro with Jenara as the commander. It leans
further on the aggro side than most French Jenara lists
and I think it lends itself well in matchups against Geist
and Grand Arbiter.

My playstyle is all over the place ahaha. Though combo
decks have my heart. I have been playing since Darksteel
and really got into it around Kamigawa. Snakes was the deck
I fiddled around with and lemme tell ya' it was a real doosy.
Actually my monogreen combo deck still has some of my
Kamigawa snakes in it. o u o

~Spud

Aged Prophet

I played Magic for years I played before Mirrodin but Mirrodin is when i started playing actively. I think 6th edition was when I picked up my first cards tho. I quit about Planar Chaos then started back up at Return to Ravnica and recently stopped playing in the Theros block. I played kitchen table magic mostly and have run basically legacy: wizards, goblins, elf, beast, burn, artifacts, zombies, soldiers, and more. When I returned at Return to Ravnica, I played many different decks all standard legal: rats, beast master/bloodrush, goblins, soldiers/ghosts, zombies, mill, and more. My last deck was a standard legal rakdos deck revolving around unleash and kill spells. I actually placed relatively well with it against the usual meta decks that everyone used at my store. I'd still play if i knew more people willing to play kitchen table but between the two main groups near me (legacy and standard) I can't afford to play competitively with them since they almost exclusively netdeck the current meta champion decks and I'm not about to spend that kinda money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff