Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mean the basic rules, like damage and regeneration etc. The stuff in the rulebook. Seriously.

For example, I was playing my friend today. He had a Tel-Jilad Lifebreather and some other creatures. I had a few creatures, and lots in the graveyard. He used its effect to bring back a creature from my graveyard under my control! Also, Kami of Lunacy got blocked by a Mothrider Samurai. Under proper rules, they would have both died. However, with their rules, the toughness pretty much attacks the attacker's attack strength, meaning Mothrider died, Kami didn't. I was pissed.

I tried to explain to him, but he just says
"Nothing dies in
the //proper// rules!"

It just gets on my nerves. A damn load.
You think THAT gets on your nerves? You should check this out.

THAT is irritating.
Genshiro

THAT is irritating.

Sorry about the caps and swearing, but: OH MY ******** GOD WHAT A ******** MORON!

Geezus, that gives us monowhite Samurai players a bad name!
Yamabushi_Nagao
Genshiro

THAT is irritating.

Sorry about the caps and swearing, but: OH MY ******** GOD WHAT A ******** MORON!

Oh, it gets better. Later that day, I got a PM from the guy I was helping:

[******** off u bithch
Genshiro
Yamabushi_Nagao
Genshiro

THAT is irritating.

Oh, it gets better. Later that day, I got a PM from the guy I was helping:

[******** off u bithch

"Oh, sorry! I was just making a game of Magic fairer against a b*****d who doesn't know what he's talking about!
Honestly, though, how the hell does someone do that?

How do they turn a Devoted Retainer into a mini-Serra Angel without an enchantment?

How do they turn the Mothrider Samurai into a flying Kenzo, the Hard-Hearted?

HOW THE HELL CAN THEY MISREAD THE STATS AND ABILITIES THAT ARE ON THE FREAKING CARD?!

People are idiotic... And that guy who told me to ******** off is no better. I don't care that he told me to ******** off, but I do care that he said that to me not only when I was right, but helping him too.

... And yeah, I got a mono-white Samurai deck too. ^^
I just played against somody in the media center today at school. He uses a riptide replicator to spit out 11/11 's attacks me with just my glare caster withh 33 damage I tap 6 lands and reverse the damage right back at him, He had to read the card like 10 times cuz he didn't believe me. He didn't even know what manna burn is. People who don't know the rules should go to hell.
Oh, it gets better with my friend who thinks that Chromatic Sphere lets him take any land from his deck and put it into play. He thinks mana pool is lands, and he thinks Seat of the Synod allows him to put Islands into play! GRRRAGGGHHHH!

What else? Oh yeah, they use stuff like Llanowar Elves to add a Forest to their "mana pool".

stressed
Yamabushi_Nagao
Oh, it gets better with my friend who thinks that Chromatic Sphere lets him take any land from his deck and put it into play. He thinks mana pool is lands, and he thinks Seat of the Synod allows him to put Islands into play! GRRRAGGGHHHH!

What else? Oh yeah, they use stuff like Llanowar Elves to add a Forest to their "mana pool".

stressed

... Oh wow.
Yamabushi_Nagao

stressed

oh man alot of people in this town try to pull the same crap.
colidus
Yamabushi_Nagao

stressed

oh man alot of people in this town try to pull the same crap.

The excuse they give is
"That's the Island/Forest symbol!"

Shudder.
wacko_ji
wat the f** are u on about becoz u didnt play mothrtider so shu up

Ok, so I didn't tell the whole truth. I played Lantern Kami. It still would have double-killed Kami of Lunacy.
Good god.....I've been thinking about getting into Magic for some time now. Even I wouldn't make such n00bish mistakes. And I don't even know the rules to the game yet.
Wow.. That is pretty sad. I've never had to deal with that kinda stuff, fortunately. Being a Judge has those kinda perks. When people start getting uppity a simple proverbial backhand followed by "I am the LAW!" usually shuts them right up.

One of the more amusing moments was when one guy thought he could use Circles of Protection while Mycosynth Lattice was out. The entire room got a nice chuckle while I read the card to him, pointing out each word, and explaining that Permanents are cards already in play.

Though I have heard some real horrow stories. Like the "Dark Ritual for three Swamps" or "Play Dark Ritual and use it every turn" stuff that makes most Judges eyes bleed.
Genshiro

THAT is irritating.

That is irritating >< I hate newbs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas