Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should they make a morrowind PnD

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 11, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

Dapper Gaian

Do you think that they should make A PnD game based on Morrowind?

Hells yeah i think that they should it would need to be based on D20 though
Given that the Elder Scrolls game worked on a percentile skill system, used item durability, and had an undifferentiated spellpoints style magic system, I'd honestly have to say that d20 may not be the best fit for a Morrowind tabletop game.

A modified (heh, and re-balanced) Paladium system game may be a closer fit.
Not to mention that Morrowind is based off D&D, so basing a D20 game off Morrowind is just mental masturbation.
I'm probably going to regret this, but...

Other than the fact that both D&D and Morrowind have level-based systems and elves, how is Morrowind based off of D&D? Beyond the base of character levels, the systems are very different.
It's based off of D&D because when the creators made the first Elder Scrolls game (Arena), they were trying to make a computer game very true to D&D, and the game mechanics have changed almost not at all since then, all the way up through Morrowind.

Dapper Gaian

He does have a point
DracoObscura
It's based off of D&D because when the creators made the first Elder Scrolls game (Arena), they were trying to make a computer game very true to D&D, and the game mechanics have changed almost not at all since then, all the way up through Morrowind.

I can't speak for Arena, as I entered the Elder Scrolls series with Morrowind, but if that's what they wanted, they failed miserably -- the only similarity between Morrowind and D&D is that they're both level-based. Morrowind is much more skill-oriented than even D&D3 (let alone prior versions), has no real classes (since you can build your own class, I view the ones they have more as templates), and has a completely different spell system.
I can't say I like morrowind that much...
They could make a DnD morrowing campaigne, but thats all I can see happening...
Not that I would like that xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces