Total Votes:[ 44 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

The Everchangeling's Partner In Crime

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sh3pzeraki
True I guess but I also think challenges make it less op cos you have to target the guy in challenge and then he doesn't turn around decapitating his own squad lol
But tesla is not op cos of the ap or anything it's things like twin linked snap shots from anhialation barges they're brutal against flyers and stuff at least I think they are but I'm no expert smile
Yeah I would pay the extra points for that (surprise mr chaos marine here's 3 monoliths in the middle if your army unloading 60 warriors lol
Finally yeah I would love to see that again give us ctan Heros like nightbringer or deciever heck even add in a new one if you want there are supposed to be loads of em

I'm curious if they're going to do something to fix the whole cheese of the deathmarks and hunters in hyperspace working with a harbinger of despair and a veil of darkness.

Not that I hate it, I love it. Seriously. For 185 points, my list has a unit that can deepstrike in, shoot 10 rapidfire ap5 shots that wound on 2+, and then have 2 ap1 templates that wound on a 2+ against a chosen unit. That's just nasty.

You can deepstrike in a unit that's got a veiltek in it, did you know that?

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
ChainsawDooM
sh3pzeraki
True I guess but I also think challenges make it less op cos you have to target the guy in challenge and then he doesn't turn around decapitating his own squad lol
But tesla is not op cos of the ap or anything it's things like twin linked snap shots from anhialation barges they're brutal against flyers and stuff at least I think they are but I'm no expert smile
Yeah I would pay the extra points for that (surprise mr chaos marine here's 3 monoliths in the middle if your army unloading 60 warriors lol
Finally yeah I would love to see that again give us ctan Heros like nightbringer or deciever heck even add in a new one if you want there are supposed to be loads of em

I'm curious if they're going to do something to fix the whole cheese of the deathmarks and hunters in hyperspace working with a harbinger of despair and a veil of darkness.

Not that I hate it, I love it. Seriously. For 185 points, my list has a unit that can deepstrike in, shoot 10 rapidfire ap5 shots that wound on 2+, and then have 2 ap1 templates that wound on a 2+ against a chosen unit. That's just nasty.

You can deepstrike in a unit that's got a veiltek in it, did you know that?

I didn't know that thanks may have to add that in to my list

My personal favourite squad of death is varguard obyron with 10 peatorions use his ghost walk mantle to teleport then unleash hell on them with the shooting before a charge next turn

Either that or a monolith deep striking release 20 warriors with a lord miss and res orb 40 shots at rapid fire plus monolith shooting pretty much wipes out a squad in a turn and your sat in middle of their army as a distraction while rest of your army gets there all for about 500 points it's brutal and cos of res orb takes a lot of killing

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sh3pzeraki

My personal favourite squad of death is varguard obyron with 10 peatorions use his ghost walk mantle to teleport then unleash hell on them with the shooting before a charge next turn

Either that or a monolith deep striking release 20 warriors with a lord miss and res orb 40 shots at rapid fire plus monolith shooting pretty much wipes out a squad in a turn and your sat in middle of their army as a distraction while rest of your army gets there all for about 500 points it's brutal and cos of res orb takes a lot of killing

You've got to be careful with the deepstriking monolith and the large amounts of guys coming out of it. If you have someone snobby, they might make you kill some of them.

See, what most people forget is that when they come out of the monolith, it counts as disembarking out of a vehicle that moved at combat speed, and you can only disembark within 3 inches of the access point (IIRC), which is in this case, the portal on the monolith. You can't fit 21 models within 3 inches of that portal. And, as the codex says, "Any models that cannot be placed are removed as casualties." I think I've heard that the most you can fit is 12. Not sure, though. You can do some tests.

What IS awesome about the dimensional corridor, though, is that any non-vehicle Necron model can use it, including monstrous creatures. Which can get very interesting.

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
ChainsawDooM
sh3pzeraki

You've got to be careful with the deepstriking monolith and the large amounts of guys coming out of it. If you have someone snobby, they might make you kill some of them.

See, what most people forget is that when they come out of the monolith, it counts as disembarking out of a vehicle that moved at combat speed, and you can only disembark within 3 inches of the access point (IIRC), which is in this case, the portal on the monolith. You can't fit 21 models within 3 inches of that portal. And, as the codex says, "Any models that cannot be placed are removed as casualties." I think I've heard that the most you can fit is 12. Not sure, though. You can do some tests.

What IS awesome about the dimensional corridor, though, is that any non-vehicle Necron model can use it, including monstrous creatures. Which can get very interesting.

True usually but the dimensional corridor let's you deploy them up to 12" away it's basically like a safe deep strike and you can use it on anything all thanks to the gate of eternity but I didn't realise I could do that with anything may have to make use of that with my ctan shards smile mwuhahaha
Still hilarious when a full squad of warriors sees a tank and is like oh you have av 14 that's a shame cos I'm packing gauss lol

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sh3pzeraki
True usually but the dimensional corridor let's you deploy them up to 12" away it's basically like a safe deep strike and you can use it on anything all thanks to the gate of eternity but I didn't realise I could do that with anything may have to make use of that with my ctan shards smile mwuhahaha
Still hilarious when a full squad of warriors sees a tank and is like oh you have av 14 that's a shame cos I'm packing gauss lol

Did they change the rules for disembarking out of a vehicle that moved at combat speed? I'm pretty sure it's 3 inches. The transdimensional beamer from the night scythe may be different, but the dimensional corridor on the monolith says "That unit immediately phases out from its current position and 'disembarks' from the Monolith's portal. Any models that cannot be placed are removed as casualties, but the move is otherwise treated exactly as disembarking from a vehicle that has moved at combat speed."

From my understanding, that means within 3 inches of the portal.

*edit* the night scthe's thing isn't a transdimensional beamer. I don't know what it's called, some kind of wormhole thing. In any case, I don't know where you got that 12" from.

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
ChainsawDooM
sh3pzeraki

Did they change the rules for disembarking out of a vehicle that moved at combat speed? I'm pretty sure it's 3 inches. The transdimensional beamer from the night scythe may be different, but the dimensional corridor on the monolith says "That unit immediately phases out from its current position and 'disembarks' from the Monolith's portal. Any models that cannot be placed are removed as casualties, but the move is otherwise treated exactly as disembarking from a vehicle that has moved at combat speed."

From my understanding, that means within 3 inches of the portal.

I'm sure it says in the gate of eternity's rules that it can be used either as a weapon portal of exile at 6" to target opponent or up to 12" as dimensional corridor will double check later when I get to my dex I could be wrong

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sh3pzeraki
I'm sure it says in the gate of eternity's rules that it can be used either as a weapon portal of exile at 6" to target opponent or up to 12" as dimensional corridor will double check later when I get to my dex I could be wrong

Nah. I've got the dex open. It's "all enemy models (not units) within D6" of the Monolith's portal, and have line of sight to it" for the portal of exile, and "treated exactly as disembarking from a vehicle that has moved at combat speed" for the dimensional corridor in the dex.

Mind, this is the dex. I'd need to look at the FAQ, too, but I didn't think they mucked with the dimensional corridor.

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
ChainsawDooM
sh3pzeraki

Nah. I've got the dex open. It's "all enemy models (not units) within D6" of the Monolith's portal, and have line of sight to it" for the portal of exile, and "treated exactly as disembarking from a vehicle that has moved at combat speed" for the dimensional corridor in the dex.

Mind, this is the dex. I'd need to look at the FAQ, too, but I didn't think they mucked with the dimensional corridor.

Hmmm weird then what have I read well when I get a sec will look and find what I was on about probably just me being stupid (happens a lot) probs read some weapon or something lol but I do have a few armies to remember rules for so I'm allowed to get confused hahaha

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I do know they changed it so night scythes and doom scythes can't deep strike anymore. That's in the FAQs, and it's kinda lame.

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
ChainsawDooM
I do know they changed it so night scythes and doom scythes can't deep strike anymore. That's in the FAQs, and it's kinda lame.

Lol it was me being daft i was thinking of trans dimensional Beamer hahahaha

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nice to see this forum is still going, even if I don't like how the poll is at the moment <.< though what does that matter this thread was made by a warp lover just by stepping in here your all already corrupted! 4laugh

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
Pyro Jess
Nice to see this forum is still going, even if I don't like how the poll is at the moment <.< though what does that matter this thread was made by a warp lover just by stepping in here your all already corrupted! 4laugh

Hahaha purge the unclean , for the EMPORAHHHH

Lol sorry couldn't resist my marines were looking at me funny

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
sh3pzeraki

I understand, my armies give me weird looks when I don't shout out their battle cries.

I gots Death to the false Emperor! Blood for the Blood God! The Flesh is Weak!

Though I'm not sure what battle cries Dark Eldar have so they will just have to be angry at me till I find out what it is. xp

Unsealed Vampire

9,590 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Campaign Manager 500
Pyro Jess
sh3pzeraki

I understand, my armies give me weird looks when I don't shout out their battle cries.

I gots Death to the false Emperor! Blood for the Blood God! The Flesh is Weak!

Though I'm not sure what battle cries Dark Eldar have so they will just have to be angry at me till I find out what it is. xp

My dark eldar keep screaming something about the pathetic light kin but them my wraithknight walks over and is all like "you say summin" then they're like "urrrrrm nope I think it was the ctan shard" bloody difficult having a few armies none of em get along lol

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
sh3pzeraki
My dark eldar keep screaming something about the pathetic light kin but them my wraithknight walks over and is all like "you say summin" then they're like "urrrrrm nope I think it was the ctan shard" bloody difficult having a few armies none of em get along lol

The worst I have to deal with is my Slaaneshy daemons and my Khorn daemons getting in fights and bickering with each other constantly. Had to seperate em and put em in two different boxes to transport cuz of it but does that stop them? Nooooooo, they got to fight all the way to the tabletop and they don't even stop there. I've gotten to the point where I just say To the Warp with it and unleash both of em on the mortals I'm facing I pray to the dark gods they kill the enemy in the crossfire. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff