Welcome to Gaia! ::

I can answer just about any question about AD&D or v3.5 you need answered, just ask them here and I'll answer your questions. Just so you know, I'm better with v3.5. I can answer deity questions, monster questions, planar questions, character questions, etc. Just fire away, and I'll be here.
Is it possible to make a character with a 61 AC without breaking any rules?
Akujo
Is it possible to make a character with a 61 AC without breaking any rules?

Well, using divine bonuses, it is. No matter what, divine bonuses can get you anything.
My friend in formed me that they improved the ranger class is this true? And how i might ask
Smalley
My friend in formed me that they improved the ranger class is this true? And how i might ask

You mean from v3.0? Your friend may mean the Ranger Variant mentioned in the Complete Warrior. This variant has no magic, but new abilities. It fits much more with the Lord of the Rings definition of Ranger.

If this is not what your friend meant, there are new abilities for every class. I don't own a copy of v3.0 books myself, but every class got new abilities. Well, excluding the fighter. There are many new spells for every spellcasting class as well.
Sitting Boi
Smalley

You mean from v3.0? Your friend may mean the Ranger Variant mentioned in the Complete Warrior. This variant has no magic, but new abilities. It fits much more with the Lord of the Rings definition of Ranger.

Aw good besides ranger magic sucked blaugh
No divine bonuses. Just natural armor, dex, wis, deflection, and exalted.
Akujo
No divine bonuses. Just natural armor, dex, wis, deflection, and exalted.

Eventually...yes. You can, if you're willing to play that long (and if you even LIVE that long), you can bring your Wisdom and Dexterity scores high enough to get you an AC of 61. I may be wrong, I don't have my PH with me at the moment (my friend is borrowing it.)
Heh. I did it at 15th. Or at least I made a 15th level character with it. He probably would have had it earlier. Maybe 13th or so.
Akujo
Heh. I did it at 15th. Or at least I made a 15th level character with it. He probably would have had it earlier. Maybe 13th or so.

Wow. How did you end up doing that? Something to do with the Book of Exalted Deeds? I don't own that one, but I really, really want it.
Sitting Boi
Akujo

Wow. How did you end up doing that? Something to do with the Book of Exalted Deeds? I don't own that one, but I really, really want it.

I remember seeing a build using the deep warden class, which allowed a dwarf to use con for purposes of AC from races of stone, plate mail a couple of magic items and very little esle that gave very near 100 AC at level 20.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff