Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone Play D&D Miniatures? Sure it's expensive, but any miniatures game is. Plus you get miniatures for your D&D sessions! That's a big plus if you use maps, and if you don't you can set them up anyway for a not so acurate visual, but visuals don's have to be perfect. They don't necessarily have to be close. It leaves more room for the imagination to work if you don't worry about accuracy.
Good luck in finding anyone that actually plays the miniature game. From the looks of things, most people simply buy 'em in order to have an impressive collection of miniatures to use during a D&D roleplaying session. WOTC has also been rather lacking in providing prize support and the like for gaming stores that have tried to form leagues or run tournments for the miniature game.
The minis would be good if they wernt collectable.
Why not just add rules for their pewter mini line?

Edit: Do they even have a pewter line anymore?
Threx
The minis would be good if they wernt collectable.
Why not just add rules for their pewter mini line?

They did that. It was called Chainmail and it tanked.

Distinct Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
xd Yeah my group plays with minis. hehe it's hilarious cus we are always fighting over who gets to be the black dragon. and the DM also gets the last say, XD one day we actually encountered a black dragon so one of the party members had to be a zombie during the fight whee
ArcVembris
They did that. It was called Chainmail and it tanked.

Obviously the rules must be different.
All I've been able to use them for so far is minis for my sessions, but I'm willing to play. I like the game.
In the Rpga you use minatures for combat.
Peacepipe Hookah
Anyone Play D&D Miniatures? Sure it's expensive, but any miniatures game is. Plus you get miniatures for your D&D sessions! That's a big plus if you use maps, and if you don't you can set them up anyway for a not so acurate visual, but visuals don's have to be perfect. They don't necessarily have to be close. It leaves more room for the imagination to work if you don't worry about accuracy.

I bought a starter set and the Miniatures book; the rules didn`t seem too different from Chainmail. I haven`t bought more figs because I really don`t like the soft plastic they`re made of.

I liked the metal figs; after Chainmail was retired, I bought all the figs I could find...

In D&D games, I tend to use the metal WotC figs (both D&D and Chainmail), plus some plastic Warhammer minis; especially skeletons, goblins and orcs.
Threx

No, they retired both the D&D and Chainmail (and Star Wars too) before introducing the soft plastic minis.
I have some pewter D&D miniatures, honestly I'd like to collect more mini's but I don't have the cash. What I'd really like to do is run the ORIGINAL wargaming rules with them- H.G. Well's "Little Wars" rules.

Devout Vampire

8,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
I used to collect and paint miniatures... back when they were lead and Ral Partha was one of the leading producers. I miss those days, they made miniatures for all possibilities. Now, you're lucky to find anything in a female paladin in proper paladin attire [i.e. suit of shining armor] or male monk.

Devout Vampire

8,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
What is it with these forum errors... first it's the 'topic is being archived' error now I go click 'Preview' and it posts the message? That's PHP for you, the database starts acting up and everything goes to pot.
my, my fam, and my bf play miniatures. i like regular Dnd better, but i'll play minis once in a while
Byozuma
I used to collect and paint miniatures... back when they were lead and Ral Partha was one of the leading producers. I miss those days, they made miniatures for all possibilities. Now, you're lucky to find anything in a female paladin in proper paladin attire [i.e. suit of shining armor] or male monk.

Ah, Ral Partha... I have a few of their AD&D minis. heart (the first figs I painted were the ones in their Forgotten Realms heroes boxed set )
They`re still in bussiness; many of their classic figs are still available, although with no reference to D&D; of course, the named characters are out.

http://ralpartha.com/

Another good source for minis is Games Workshop. www.games-workshop.com . Or Reaper http://www.reapermini.com/ they make very impressive figs, particulary dragons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff