Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your favorite fighting style?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

Nallof
Simply put for melee. Two handed weapons only get 4 attacks, unless upgraded with speed on them. They do 1.5 yes which means more damage. my elven friend aramil has a str of 48 lvl 35 though. so with a two hander hes kinda scary but instead he uses 2 punching daggers with these he has 8 attacks with feats+ and additional 2 for having speed on both of them so he doubled his attacks by having two weapons. but lets not forget your off hand weapon only does .5 damage so basically they are both pretty equal. beside that fact that you can hit more or less times and have a more or less likely chance of hitting a missing owell its all complicated. Mainly i get two weapon fight because its two attacks in the beggining... or you could be a monk. biggrin anyway. With ranged all there good feats only work when 30 feat away or less so you cant have the badass lodr moves that legolas had in the movie/book whichever one you thought better. Any way it is all about the person and i put my money on two weapon fighting. Ciao

I just created a monk that can do nine attacks at level twenty with just your ordinary, every day, simple quarterstaff. But of course I'm going to use the Lajatang from CW.
Ranged all the way.

Say it with me.
4d6 damage per arrow.
Say it now.

And the ranged feats work farther way than 30 ft. Just not things like "Close combat shot" and stuff like that. Thats why theres "far shot" and stuff like that.
Two handed weapons are probably the best. The extra damage for strength is awsome. Double weapon fighting doesn't really become worthwhile until you start to be a high level character although it does rule with high level close combat people. With sufficient feats the ranged combat style is really broken but it's also very boring to play.
Where's Single Blade Style? Swashbucklers/Duelists own you.
I like a fusion of ranged and classic myself. If I come upon an enemy from far away, I'll shoot him as many times as I can until he gets close and then start melee.
I'll always love the two-handed greatsword.

and polearms.

POWER
does running into the crowd and hopeing i don't die a style? xp kidding. I prefer dualwielding
I usually use the weapon and sheild style, like for my cleric I used a flail and a large sheild I was the holy crusader and I smash things to bits.
My half-orc had 20 Str, and i used the most powerfully enchanted greataxe I could find, By the end of the campaign, i had a +5 flaming burst frost burst keen greataxe and 24 str for a bunch of damage each hit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff