Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ahoy there!
This be a thread fer th' discussion o' Pirates of the Spanish Main an' Pirates of the Crimson Coast.
[end amusing pirate accent]
Pirates is a constructable card game in which you build a pirate fleet and fight for treasure with your friends.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/

At first I thought this was going to be terrible but I bought a pack to feed my pirate addiction and found that it was not only quite fun, but very addicting.

Am I the only one who plays this?
I guess I'm the only person who plays this game...that makes me sad actually...
Um, yeah you are. The game just never got off the ground. Cheer up you can sit in the corner with all of us who though Duel Masters was going to take off and now have no one to play with.
LargeMarmot
Um, yeah you are. The game just never got off the ground. Cheer up you can sit in the corner with all of us who though Duel Masters was going to take off and now have no one to play with.

Thing is that, it may not have gotten off the ground, but they are doing well enough to afford commercials on TV now. And the expansion that just came out...and the one that is coming out next month. There have got to be SOME people that play. xd
Alas mateys, thar still be hope. Me Toys'r'us I be deck-swabbing has a cargo o' unlimited edition and it be selling like rum. We may still yet git more o' thar publicity.
Yamato Passion
Alas mateys, thar still be hope. Me Toys'r'us I be deck-swabbing has a cargo o' unlimited edition and it be selling like rum. We may still yet git more o' thar publicity.

Ya ha har! I bought me 3rd an' 4th pack.
Is bumping even allowed in this forum?

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
I think bumping is allowed, and I've played Pirates of the Spanish Main. Quite enjoyed it. Than kids got into my ships and busted them to pieces. And thus I stopped playing.
Punk Fox TH
I think bumping is allowed, and I've played Pirates of the Spanish Main. Quite enjoyed it. Than kids got into my ships and busted them to pieces. And thus I stopped playing.

Yick. Yeah the pieces are quite fragile, but it's not so bad if you have a safe place to keep them. I choose a ziplock bag inside a hard case 3nodding

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Alchemistmerlin
Punk Fox TH

Yick. Yeah the pieces are quite fragile, but it's not so bad if you have a safe place to keep them. I choose a ziplock bag inside a hard case 3nodding

The kids in question get into anything. . . I kept my ships ((Completely assembled)) in yugioh tins I had converted to the usage. Sealed them, the deck plates and the gold in the bottom. Kids tore open the tins. **Shrug** I deal.
i bought some just becasue i like the little ships sweatdrop
turns out.. its actually really fun to play too!
im not as addicted to it as some of my frinds, but i definatly enjoy it. my frind and i went out to find him a good case with little compartments to fit all his ships in.
my other friend uses the little ship models as D&D minatures for a spelljammer game too.
C.E.
i bought some just becasue i like the little ships sweatdrop
turns out.. its actually really fun to play too!
im not as addicted to it as some of my frinds, but i definatly enjoy it. my frind and i went out to find him a good case with little compartments to fit all his ships in.
my other friend uses the little ship models as D&D minatures for a spelljammer game too.

hah yeah we had been using them as miniatures in our D&D game as well.

Punk Fox TH: Ouch.
I sorta play... I like the peices but imo the game takes alot of house rules to make it fun for more hten a few games.
Iraski
I sorta play... I like the peices but imo the game takes alot of house rules to make it fun for more hten a few games.

Really.

What sort of house rules do you guys use?
depends, course Ive only played a few games using my ships so there isnt really a consistant set of rules yet. Check out the BoardGameGeek.com entry under General Articles for tons of examples though. A few Ive used involve wind, making it so canons arnt machine gun turrets that can fire any direction, and other things that add atleast some sort of realism to the game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff