Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have many of threads Named "D&D", "Dungeons and Dragons", and many similar idems. And to get bluntly to the point i think that it would very just to get a Sticky. Just to post who plays it and maybe why. I find it very annoying to find 5 different thread named the same thing in a row after another.
Just my Two Cents
-Bard06 smile

Fashionable Explorer

I definitely second the motion. I've seen this topic successfully stickied on other forums; it really helped clean up the mess.
Bard06
I have many of threads Named "D&D", "Dungeons and Dragons", and many similar idems. And to get bluntly to the point i think that it would very just to get a Sticky. Just to post who plays it and maybe why. I find it very annoying to find 5 different thread named the same thing in a row after another.
Just my Two Cents
-Bard06 smile

I agree. *decides to gift the Bard's wisdom with stuff* As you're posting you trip. Beneath you is a pile of platinum pieces, a +5 Cold Iron longsword, and a golden harp. *some random person jumps at it* You fall in a sinkhole, passing right through the treasure.\\

(I did that once. THere was an ACTUAL +5 longsword on the ground connected to a trap. The barbarian half-orc grabs it, triggers a swinging axe trap. He's cut in half. THe rouge dissables the trap, grabs the sword, and in his Egotysical marching around, trips a pressure pad which Blasted her with a fireball.
I agree. About five stickies - D&D, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, Warhammer, and soemthing else. It certainly would help out in cleaning up the forum a lot.

IF however this were to go into effect, I suggest existing threads like Valen's rather long The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread be made the stickies, rather than new threads.

Fashionable Explorer

So, to whose attention do we bring this?
reality_deviant
So, to whose attention do we bring this?

I imagine we would have to ask Beramode.
Yeah, we should definately get a sticky for D&D, War Hammer (and 40k), Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh. God only knows how many of those "Who likes D&D??" threads we end up getting every week.
I like the idea
I don't like the idea. If we would group popular topics in one sticky, it would be a looooooooooong sticky, and people just wouldn't read it.

Besides, a lot of people wouldn't notice the sticky and would post a new D&D topic.

And I don't see a problem with having many D&D topics. I agree with would avoid pointless and overrepeated topics, but that goes for every forum, and creating stickies is not the best solution.
Ideally it makes sense. But the MODS wont sticky a topic that has no real substance.
Alexan Talosar
Ideally it makes sense. But the MODS wont sticky a topic that has no real substance.

Oh, very good point. Most D&D topics are like "who here thinks D&D iz the rox0rsz??".
Calunio
Alexan Talosar

Oh, very good point. Most D&D topics are like "who here thinks D&D iz the rox0rsz??".

yeah we tried to do this in the electronic music forum, and we had that problem, ther was no real purpose for creating a sticky because none of the flood threads had any substance. and we couldn't cover everything in one topic, so we'd end up creating like 5 different stickies. and once it gets to that point, what's the piont.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff