Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did Fallout 4 live up to the hype?
So, the game is out for a while now and some ppl probably have always finished the story.
Like I said back then I have never played a Fallout game before.
But for everyone who has spent quite some time on Fallout 4 by now would you say it is the best game / best overall gaming experience in 2015?
Is it a better Skyrim or is it just another good open world RPG with improved graphis?

I am so close to trade in Batman AK & MGS5 for Fallout 4.

Magical Businessman

Ehhh... Not really. Expect almost everyone else on this board to come in and explain why.
The Brotherhood of Steel exceeded my expectations at the least. No level cap and all the changes after mods makes is pretty awesome if done right.
Lan Sukasa
Ehhh... Not really. Expect almost everyone else on this board to come in and explain why.

It did for me. But then I expected exactly what Fallout 4 was going to be: a fun video game, with lots to do but little actual depth.

Actually, Fallout 4 exceeded my expectations. The writing, while still pretty bad for the most part, was miles ahead of anything in Fallout 3. Sure, it fell short of New Vegas' masterful video game writing, but what do you expect from Bethesda. The actual gameplay was also miles ahead of every other Fallout game, yes even the original ones. I think FPS gameplay is way better suited to Fallout than isometric third person perspectives.

So yeah, Fallout 4 lived up to my expectations, and even exceeded them in some places.

Fanged Hunter

I wish they didn't make you need to pick up everything in the game.
Looting doesn't feel as fun when I'm looking for EVERYTHING

User Image
For me, no. Bethesda made so many concessions to "appeal to a larger audience." I mean it's still a really good game but it's also a bit disappointing compared to previous games in the series.

Distinct Dabbler

Psychomore

I wish they didn't make you need to pick up everything in the game.
Looting doesn't feel as fun when I'm looking for EVERYTHING

User Image
I'm surprised i haven't seen any mention of this yet. I hate having my inventory clogged up by random bits of junk. Especially when i know the junk is actually useful now confused
Whiskey Grey
For me, no. Bethesda made so many concessions to "appeal to a larger audience." I mean it's still a really good game but it's also a bit disappointing compared to previous games in the series.

In what way? I think fundamentally, the gameplay is the best it has ever been, Fallout 1 and 2 inclusive. To me, actual FPS gameplay suits the series much better than anything else. In this regard, I feel 4 outshines all of the others.

As for writing, well. Video game writing is degenerate schlock anyway, but it's miles better than 3 definitely. Definitely not nearly as good as New Vegas, though.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I don't know if it met other people's hype, but as I think Bethesda's last attempt (3) was the worst game in the series, it far surpassed my expectations. The changes in dialogue options annoys me, but otherwise I don't mind the streamlined RPG elements. And I hate it that I can't apply ballistic weave on flannel shirt or bomber jacket.

Dedicated Loiterer

It exceeds what I expect from Bethesda in that it's a mostly playable game that functions for the most part. I've only had a few broken quests so far so that was nice.
To my personal expectations, yes. Not initially, but after playing the game for about two weeks now I'm just as into it as I was into Fallout 3 / FNV. Anyone could pick at the details and what makes the game good or bad in their own opinion (and many including myself have), but I'm just going to enjoy the game for what it is and probably play it until my eyes bleed because it's another Fallout game.
Anthony DiNozzo Jr
OctoCamo
I don't know if it met other people's hype, but as I think Bethesda's last attempt (3) was the worst game in the series, it far surpassed my expectations. The changes in dialogue options annoys me, but otherwise I don't mind the streamlined RPG elements. And I hate it that I can't apply ballistic weave on flannel shirt or bomber jacket.

Didn't Bethesda also make New Vegas?

It was developed by Obsidian and produced by Bethesda if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff