Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elder

Anamosa Valentine
lol Falcon... you know I wished I had gone for a trophy at that time. Fishing was way lot easier back then, but now it isn't, not to mention broken for half a year. Something tells me that game too will meet its end as zOMG! did.

Same. Well, I actually did. I was in third place, and I still kick myself that I did not at least take a screenie. But by day 20, it was giving me too much back pain and I had to drop out. They really should have a shorter win period for people with disabilities and outside lives. Because 90% of going for a trophy is just how much time you can put into grinding for it. And a month is ridiculous. A week would have been more reasonable.

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
I dunno, Val. If I gifted that...thing to anyone, they'd think I was giving them the wrong idea.

"Hey look at this big flower cannon that looks like a va...ah...ahahahaha...good one, Ryan. I'mma unfriend you now."

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
RyanJakobi
I dunno, Val. If I gifted that...thing to anyone, they'd think I was giving them the wrong idea.

"Hey look at this big flower cannon that looks like a va...ah...ahahahaha...good one, Ryan. I'mma unfriend you now."

Is that how you see people here? xd Plus, it's not true if that item happens to be on the recipient's Wishlist. They'll thank you a lot for it instead. ^.~

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Anamosa Valentine
RyanJakobi

Is that how you see people here? xd Plus, it's not true if that item happens to be on the recipient's Wishlist. They'll thank you a lot for it instead. ^.~

Is that a hint?

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
RyanJakobi
Is that a hint?

No, it's a fact.

Anamosa Valentine's Sweetheart

Gallant Hero

25,600 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Anamosa Valentine
lol Falcon... you know I wished I had gone for a trophy at that time. Fishing was way lot easier back then, but now it isn't, not to mention broken for half a year. Something tells me that game too will meet its end as zOMG! did.

*stares at your avatar*... hey, make me and everyone else in this thread a bowl of your hot spicy ramen. And put it in my tab! ^.~

True, Gaia Fishing at that time was easier to master and speed through than it is now.

Huh, I was thinking of making sushi or roasted oysters for today. o_o Oh well, I wonder how many GCDers here besides you can withstand super hot spicy taste. Some will probably pass out after one bowl... =P *starts cooking*

Lady Pyre
Same. Well, I actually did. I was in third place, and I still kick myself that I did not at least take a screenie. But by day 20, it was giving me too much back pain and I had to drop out. They really should have a shorter win period for people with disabilities and outside lives. Because 90% of going for a trophy is just how much time you can put into grinding for it. And a month is ridiculous. A week would have been more reasonable.

*hands bowl* Curious! May I ask which year, month and lake did you get third place?

Believe it or not, I have a disability too... a hearing one. But that didn't affect me from going for the 1st position. I had a different username back then, not hard to distinguish from my current one. wink

Eloquent Elder

Falcon Starlight

*hands bowl* Curious! May I ask which year, month and lake did you get third place?

Believe it or not, I have a disability too... a hearing one. But that didn't affect me from going for the 1st position. I had a different username back then, not hard to distinguish from my current one. wink

*takes bowl* Thank you!

Ah, well I didn't actually get third. I was in third when I had to give up. I got knocked off the board when I couldn't keep playing.

I really have no idea what month or year. It had to have been shortly after release, so I want to say '04? And Port of Gambino. I'm a Gambino girl. biggrin (Which is ironic because I'm not fond of the beach, but I do love me some Johnny.)

Lover

I'm just now returning to Gaia and oml everything is so different.
Its incredible just how many new items have been released. I've taken lengthy haituses before but in the past I could usually catch up after a little while. But with so many new items, including user created recolors(?) etc, it seems impossible now! There was definitely a time when I could identify every item on the site, haha.

Does anyone have any other tips for catching up in earning gold? I don't have a lot to start with for any sort of initial investment. All of my bigger items (w anklets, angelic scarf, etc) don't seem to be worth much anymore which is realllyyyy disappointing after all of the time and work I put into getting them back in the day. orz I've been playing lake kindred a lot!
lol gaia went full hambone.

Cluttered Gaian

Hi there! I just decided to pop back in after a year. Not the worst hiatus, I know. I am dismayed, but not at all surprised by the current rate of inflation.

What would be helpful for me is an overview of the gold shop updates, such as why there's billion gold items in gold shops other than D*C?
An overview of any new events and event gimmicks,
And a link or two (or three) (or whatever) to what this new Lake Kindred thing is, why it's here, when it became a thing, how it works, and how to make it effective for gold? ;~;

Anyone's input on these is appreciated, it's not all on OP...!

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Falcon Starlight
True, Gaia Fishing at that time was easier to master and speed through than it is now.

Huh, I was thinking of making sushi or roasted oysters for today. o_o Oh well, I wonder how many GCDers here besides you can withstand super hot spicy taste. Some will probably pass out after one bowl... =P *starts cooking*

Maybe later. Gimme my bowl! whee heart

User Image

desu-ish
Does anyone have any other tips for catching up in earning gold? I don't have a lot to start with for any sort of initial investment. All of my bigger items (w anklets, angelic scarf, etc) don't seem to be worth much anymore which is realllyyyy disappointing after all of the time and work I put into getting them back in the day. orz I've been playing lake kindred a lot!

Try playing Lake Kindred. It may not seem much but as you progress, you'll gradually start making lots of gold. Especially leveling up your kins and your skill points will earn you some rewards that'll net you billions in the first time. The downside is it takes lots of patience... and grinding.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Sweatpants Princess
Hi there! I just decided to pop back in after a year. Not the worst hiatus, I know. I am dismayed, but not at all surprised by the current rate of inflation.

What would be helpful for me is an overview of the gold shop updates, such as why there's billion gold items in gold shops other than D*C?
An overview of any new events and event gimmicks,
And a link or two (or three) (or whatever) to what this new Lake Kindred thing is, why it's here, when it became a thing, how it works, and how to make it effective for gold? ;~;

Anyone's input on these is appreciated, it's not all on OP...!

Did you check the links in the first page? There are plenty there put by the OP to fill you in with information you're missing out. I don't bother checking announcements anymore (in fact I've been ignoring them since the end of 2013) because they're always about sales and advertisements. As if television commercials have annoyed me enough...

For Lake Kindred, move your mouse to the "Games" menu on top of the screen and click on the game when the list pops down. The game itself has links to threads that will teach you how to play so it wouldn't hurt to explore around. As for making gold from it... I'd say it's better to experience it yourself. Don't expect to make a lot too early, you have to work your way up before you can start receiving billions payout. You can also visit this thread, which serves as a guide for all new LK players. ~

Lover

Anamosa Valentine

Try playing Lake Kindred. It may not seem much but as you progress, you'll gradually start making lots of gold. Especially leveling up your kins and your skill points will earn you some rewards that'll net you billions in the first time. The downside is it takes lots of patience... and grinding.

thanks! 4laugh i have been playing lake kindred, but it really is a ton of grinding! do you recommend selling the potions and etc i get from drops, or holding onto them for later..?

i received a really sweet gift and i think it was from this thread so tysm anonymous benefactor! that seems like such a huge amount of gold haha OTL

Adventuring Mage

I got back after what didn't feel like a long hiatus, but judging by MCs i have no memory of, it must have been abot 3 years O_O
Maybe it doesn't feel so long, because i used to check i for messages and notices, i used to have an alchemy guide i felt responsible for.
Mostly i've been liquidating some items, and going through tons of recolours going 'want that. want that and that and this one.' And trying to wrap my head around all those zeros!

seems like alchemy has gone p. much completely? Which is a shame. And omg, zomh too? I think i remember it getting taken down for 'maintenance' but complete shut down? I had fun there :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff