Elfen Lied
Another
Mermaid Forest

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Ghost Hunt is probably my favorite. I like what I've seen of Requiem from the darkness as well, and Hell Girl can be fun depending on the episode.

I don't watch a huge amount of horror anime though. If we were talking regular live action horror movies, that'd be another story. I watch a s**t ton of those.
Corpse Party

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Anything by Junji Ito.

Dapper Wife

1,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
xMiroku-sama
Will you do me the honor...

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
(Suspense/Thriller) - Paranoia Agent

...of bearing my child?

This was going to be my exact response.

Xanthocera's Partner

Mira Nikki (future diary)
Thank you everyone for responding! heart This is my very first post! blaugh I can't wait to check all these out! Keep the responses coming! 3nodding

Sugary Sweetheart

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
"Another", it is based off a book written by Yukito Ayatsuji.

Summary: "The series focuses on a boy named Kōichi Sakakibara who, upon transferring into Yomiyama Middle School and meeting the curious Mei Misaki, finds himself in a mystery revolving around students and people related to his class facing gruesome and senseless deaths." (Source: Wikipedia)

It is slow to open up but things will start to come together around episode 5 or 6. There are 12 episodes and one OVA.

I enjoyed this one. My boyfriend and I couldn't stop watching it.

Quotable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm gonna second a lot of things already mentioned.

-Shiki
Engaging psychological horror story and you don't know who's morally right
-Another
I still need to finish this but its different
-Hiragurashi
Another great psychological horror and you won't know what's going on half the time. Not helped by how cute it starts
-Mirai Nikki
Death Note with cellphones basically. However it gets pretty messed up due to everyone's homicidal tendencies. Ps. Uryu Minene is best girl
-Tokyo Ghoul
One of more well known ones. It does dive down the psychological horror as the main character gets roped into two different societies and having problems adjusting to his situation but sheese it gets brutal at times
-Parasyte
So the anime is a modern retelling of the original manga yes but this is a minor thing since its mostly a technological upgrade. But yeah lots of body horrors here and there.
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
It might be strange to suggest a shonen series here but hear me out on this one. Jojo does a lot of horrible things to people to the point it may as well be written as one. The closest to a straight up horror story is Part 1 Phantom Blood where Jonathan and Dio slowly become a hero and vampire fighting each other but some of the other stuff in the series is horrifying, like stuff the Pillar Man can do. Needless to say it has some stuff of the nightmares.
-Kara no Kyoukai
This is another odd one. This is kind of in the Nasuverse (eg. Fate series) but not at the same time and I don't know to properly categorize this one either. Needless to say there's a lot of supernatural horror to this story and it really does bring the horror to you. There will be even times you won't know what's going on and that's scary too. But good luck finding this one though since its kind of hard to find.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff