Welcome to Gaia! ::

haijek's Compadre

Buddy

There seems to be an issue with the whole left side of the avatar making page:

- can't save or reset
- can't change avatar bases
- buttons such as standing/sitting, mouths, arm positions don't work
- when items are equipped, the list underneath is missing
- undo button doesn't work and appears as "undo (0)" because there seems to be a glitch where any changes will not appear

edit: solution found by glengrin yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
1. change avi into a saved outfit (or make a new outfit) and save
2. change avi as you would like
3. saving failures - repeat attempts to save until it works

unfortunatevent's Husband

Lonely Newb

32,575 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Invisibility 100
Having the same exact problems too... Glad It's not just me.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
movse
Those are all linked to Javascript -- make sure you have it enabled?
If it already is, it may be due to an add-on you have (like Adblock Plus or NoScript) or due to your browser or device in general.

Webkit/Blink browsers (which include Chrome, Safari, and Opera) tend it occasionally have rendering issues with Gaia's JS.
If you're on a mobile device, that also tends to be an issue, since mobile browsers cannot support some of the complex functions of JS.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

haijek's Compadre

Buddy

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
movse
Those are all linked to Javascript -- make sure you have it enabled?
If it already is, it may be due to an add-on you have (like Adblock Plus or NoScript) or due to your browser or device in general.

Webkit/Blink browsers (which include Chrome, Safari, and Opera) tend it occasionally have rendering issues with Gaia's JS.
If you're on a mobile device, that also tends to be an issue, since mobile browsers cannot support some of the complex functions of JS.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Javascript was working; turned off all add-ons; used Firefox browser; tested on pc and mobile on different browser servers (firefox/chrome/ie)
everything was working in the morning so...
so what's the problem?

Alien Explorer

I have Windows7 with the latest Firefox and Flash; I too am having problems. I can't save my new avatar right now.

OK, now it's working, but in order to get this one to save, I had to save another one first then this one.

haijek's Compadre

Buddy

glengrin
I have Windows7 with the latest Firefox and Flash; I too am having problems. I can't save my new avatar right now.

OK, now it's working, but in order to get this one to save, I had to save another one first then this one.

sorry could you explain that more clearly?
so i have to double save?
b/c i can't even save...at all, not even once.

Alien Explorer

movse
glengrin

I make my avies well in advanced and save them in the dressing drawers. What I did was bring up another one and saved it. Then I brought up this one and it finally saved. Before I first posted, it took several tries to even load it, then it would not save and I tried 3 or 4 times to load and save again after refreshing the page each time. Doing an older one as an intermediary did the trick. This has worked before too.

Another trick I've done is rebuilding the desired avi from scratch and saving it that way, in the past.

haijek's Compadre

Buddy

glengrin
movse
glengrin

I make my avies well in advanced and save them in the dressing drawers. What I did was bring up another one and saved it. Then I brought up this one and it finally saved. Before I first posted, it took several tries to even load it, then it would not save and I tried 3 or 4 times to load and save again after refreshing the page each time. Doing an older one as an intermediary did the trick. This has worked before too.

oh! i'll try it out and see if that works
if it does, then great! though, it'll still be an issue for users who don't utilize the outfits

Alien Explorer

I see it worked for you; you have a new avi now. Nice one.

haijek's Compadre

Buddy

glengrin
I see it worked for you; you have a new avi now. Nice one.

oh haha thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces