Welcome to Gaia! ::

The thing is I already know how they both end (thanks youtube) but I keep hearing from people how good they both are and I was just wondering if it's even worth it anymore. Thanks 3nodding

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

I've never finished Cowboy Bebop, not because I didn't like it mostly because I was still pretty young when it was airing on Toonami/Adult Swim whatever one it was and I've never really been in the mood to try and watch it, but I've only ever heard good things about it.

As for Code Geass, I have watched it and finished it and I really enjoyed it. The art style takes some getting used to (everyone has such long legs). I also really love the voice actors, I especially have a soft spot for Fukuyama Jun. Even knowing the ending, watching Lelouch's journey to see how he ended up in the final scenario in the first place is worth it in my opinion (and makes it a bit more heart breaking imo) Overall I'd say if you like anime involving rebellion, super natural powers, and mechs you'd probably like it. PLUS there are movies, not necessarily focusing on Lelouch, but during the same time he is rising up in Area 11 just in a different part of the world. If im remembering correctly its either France or Germany.

The movies are called Akito the Exiled and I think there are supposed to be 4 of them, but last time I checked 3 and 4 aren't out yet.

ALSO if you do end up watching all of CG and liking it there is a band called Area 11 (can you guess where they got their name ? lol) who wrote CG inspired songs.

Euphemia and Knightmare/Frame are the names of the songs.
Honestly, I watched Code Geass when it was coming out and it didn't stick with me. But I know a lot of people really like it. But then again, I'm not big on many things CLAMP so it could just be my tastes. I wouldn't categorize it as a "must-watch"

Cowboy Bebop, on the other-hand, it a classic. From an animation stand-point, from a narrative stand-point, world-building, whatever angle you wanna come at it from. It was a very important anime when it came to bringing japanese animation over to the west. When I thought of an anime to introduce my dad to as his first anime, this is the one I picked. It's almost Akira levels as far as influential, and Firefly levels of classic sci-fi.
Nightly Lullaby
I've never finished Cowboy Bebop, not because I didn't like it mostly because I was still pretty young when it was airing on Toonami/Adult Swim whatever one it was and I've never really been in the mood to try and watch it, but I've only ever heard good things about it.

As for Code Geass, I have watched it and finished it and I really enjoyed it. The art style takes some getting used to (everyone has such long legs). I also really love the voice actors, I especially have a soft spot for Fukuyama Jun. Even knowing the ending, watching Lelouch's journey to see how he ended up in the final scenario in the first place is worth it in my opinion (and makes it a bit more heart breaking imo) Overall I'd say if you like anime involving rebellion, super natural powers, and mechs you'd probably like it. PLUS there are movies, not necessarily focusing on Lelouch, but during the same time he is rising up in Area 11 just in a different part of the world. If im remembering correctly its either France or Germany.

The movies are called Akito the Exiled and I think there are supposed to be 4 of them, but last time I checked 3 and 4 aren't out yet.

ALSO if you do end up watching all of CG and liking it there is a band called Area 11 (can you guess where they got their name ? lol) who wrote CG inspired songs.

Euphemia and Knightmare/Frame are the names of the songs.
Thanks a lot for your opinion, i'll be sure to check these out. 3nodding
Piper_DragonFairy
Honestly, I watched Code Geass when it was coming out and it didn't stick with me. But I know a lot of people really like it. But then again, I'm not big on many things CLAMP so it could just be my tastes. I wouldn't categorize it as a "must-watch"

Cowboy Bebop, on the other-hand, it a classic. From an animation stand-point, from a narrative stand-point, world-building, whatever angle you wanna come at it from. It was a very important anime when it came to bringing japanese animation over to the west. When I thought of an anime to introduce my dad to as his first anime, this is the one I picked. It's almost Akira levels as far as influential, and Firefly levels of classic sci-fi.
Thanks for the input. The first anime I tried to get my dad to watch was Dragon Ball Z and he kept calling it Dragon Z Ball and though Goku was called Naruto. xd
SuperZiNova
Thanks for the input. The first anime I tried to get my dad to watch was Dragon Ball Z and he kept calling it Dragon Z Ball and though Goku was called Naruto. xd

haha xD my dad does that kind of stuff to tease me, especailly with pokemon (whom he likes to call poke mans) Tho he was suuuuper into Bebop. He's big into sci-fi so he was really surprised to see how much influence it really had on a lot of shows he watched. Especially Firefly, which is like his favorite show ever, and also heeaaavily inspired by bebop xD

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I watched them both and liked them; they're pretty good. Something interesting is how both series ending spawned theories about whether the main character lived or died.

Divine Healer

17,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Master Medic 150
Ancient maidens,
you dance in the transient dream.
Getting over thousands years,
you live today.

Cowboy Bebop.

Ah. It’s right. Always women are actresses.
We’re not foxes, not deceiving.
Maidens…shouldn’t be underestimated.

Scompiglio's Wife

I actually find the way that Cowboy Bebop made it's series is hard to really marathon. I have watched the whole series, but... it was not in order. I watch the movie more than the actual series. The show is good for an episode or two once in awhile for me.

As for Code Geass, the first season is probably the best. The second season isn't as well paced. Akito the exiled is okay...but it's not worth more than one watch.

Dapper Man-Lover

As far as anime goes, they're certainly two of the better series out there. In fact, despite some pacing issues, Code Geass is easily among my top four. Like anything else, though, it's all a matter of personal taste.

Quotable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Yes you should watch Cowboy Geass

They're both pretty good
If you haven't watched it already. I sincerely and highly suggest watching Cowboy Bebop first and then the movie after the series.

Then you can watch your Code Geass.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Cowboy Bebop is fine. It will seem episodic in the first half of the series but it's okay.

Code Geass is fast-paced and has some interesting rivalries.
code geass. it's to this day one of my favorites. it's really good and all the characters have a lot of complexity.
You should definitely see Cowboy Bebop at least once. Even if you don't end up caring for it, it's something anyone even remotely interested in anime/animation should watch.

Now Code Geass? Ehhhhh, well, it's definitely a fun watch. You won't be bored. It's just...it's silly. Over-dramatic and ridiculous and silly. Pretty much an over-the-top animated soap opera. So if you like that kind of thing, like I do, then go for it. Just don't go in expecting stellar writing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff