<3 </3

Did this bother you too?

YES. 0.59016393442623 59.0% [ 36 ]
Not really. 0.16393442622951 16.4% [ 10 ]
Seriously? Who cares? 0.24590163934426 24.6% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 >

Hardened Humorist

Not sure where to put this, but Gaia Staff, you need to fix the apostrophe problem going on in Runway. sweatdrop

The thing with problems like these is that they tend to snowball out of control, so here's a heads up!

In the item grant e-mails:

User Image

"Gaian's" should be "Gaians"

This is a plurals issue....we're talking about multiple Gaia users, not a possessive Gaian.

Same issue in the Runway submission section:

User Image

"Hero's" should be "Heroes" or "Heroines" (let us not forget our leading ladies!)

Plurals issue again.

Sorry, Gaia. Just the rules of grammar, as they seem to have been forgotten here.

All the best,

hammyclammy

Excitable Counselor

Thank goodness someone said it before I did XD
Thank you for saying something about it. I get that not everybody's great at grammar and we all make mistakes and all that, but something as simple as preparing things in a program like Microsoft Word (and not ignoring the squiggly green line that communicates grammatical errors) would decrease the occurrence of such things quite a bit..

Phantom

I was all, "Hero's what?"

Hardened Humorist

~ Aki - Fairy ~
Thank you for saying something about it. I get that not everybody's great at grammar and we all make mistakes and all that, but something as simple as preparing things in a program like Microsoft Word (and not ignoring the squiggly green line that communicates grammatical errors) would decrease the occurrence of such things quite a bit..

Right? It's so simple and preventable, especially for a big company like Gaia. emotion_facepalm

Siflheim

I was all, "Hero's what?"

Saaaame~~ v_v

Kurd Jam's Significant Otter

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
I hadn't noticed it yet because I just glanced at the new categories but I'm glad you pointed it out. I always find Gaia's misspellings and grammar mishaps amusing. It doesn't really bother me, for some reason, I think it's because I've grown accustomed to it over the course of time. wink

Hardened Humorist

Canicuss
I hadn't noticed it yet because I just glanced at the new categories but I'm glad you pointed it out. I always find Gaia's misspellings and grammar mishaps amusing. It doesn't really bother me, for some reason, I think it's because I've grown accustomed to it over the course of time. wink

Sometimes it doesn't bother me (can't let everything get you down, right?), but when it's done so blatantly....I just. -sigh- Can't help but be bothered. sweatdrop

((Total side note: I really like your avatar; I'm always impressed by scenery avatars!~ emotion_bigheart ))

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
hammyclammy
Canicuss

Sometimes it doesn't bother me (can't let everything get you down, right?), but when it's done so blatantly....I just. -sigh- Can't help but be bothered. sweatdrop

((Total side note: I really like your avatar; I'm always impressed by scenery avatars!~ emotion_bigheart ))

It used to really bother me, I was kind of disgusted by their lack of interest in spell checker confused but I think I finally gave up on trying to teach the world how to spell, it's unfortunately a losing battle, but I salute anyone that keeps up the good fight.

And thank you for your nice words about my avatar, I worked on it for quite some time. biggrin

Tipsy Tipper

Hardened Humorist

Canicuss
hammyclammy
Canicuss

It used to really bother me, I was kind of disgusted by their lack of interest in spell checker confused but I think I finally gave up on trying to teach the world how to spell, it's unfortunately a losing battle, but I salute anyone that keeps up the good fight.

And thank you for your nice words about my avatar, I worked on it for quite some time. biggrin

As someone in the education career field, I just can't help myself sometimes!~ Thanks~ emotion_yatta

No problem, it's really lovely. :]

Virtuous Fairy

12,325 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
hammyclammy
Not sure where to put this, but Gaia Staff, you need to fix the apostrophe problem going on in Runway. sweatdrop

The thing with problems like these is that they tend to snowball out of control, so here's a heads up!

In the item grant e-mails:

User Image

"Gaian's" should be "Gaians"

This is a plurals issue....we're talking about multiple Gaia users, not a possessive Gaian.

Same issue in the Runway submission section:

User Image

"Hero's" should be "Heroes" or "Heroines" (let us not forget our leading ladies!)

Plurals issue again.

Sorry, Gaia. Just the rules of grammar, as they seem to have been forgotten here.

All the best,

hammyclammy

I've noticed since the change in site ownership that the spelling and grammar have been on a decline in announcements, as well.
It got on my nerves quite a bit at first, but I figured I should just take a deep breath and let it go since there's nothing I can do about it.

Aoife-Eireann's Husbando

Fluffy Cultist

Canicuss
So you're the one!
Pahaha, I saw your avatar on the runway once and couldn't hit that plus button fast enough! It really is beautiful. heart
Haven't seen it since then, but dggjdfgjghdf it sure made an impression. You did an excellent job. ;u;

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I swear to....

Okay Gaia, if an employee hasn't graduated elementary school they shouldn't be the one doing the announcements.

I don't expect perfect grammar but seriously? You can't even get your apostrophes correct? That's first grade s**t right there.

Hardened Humorist

CostumeFairy

I've noticed since the change in site ownership that the spelling and grammar have been on a decline in announcements, as well.
It got on my nerves quite a bit at first, but I figured I should just take a deep breath and let it go since there's nothing I can do about it.

Whew! It is a really good thing that I don't read many announcements! xd
I did try to take a few deep breaths, but I'll be honest: the person who woke me up this morning did so with grammar questions, so really? It was unavoidable that I'd be irked by such a misuse of apostrophes.

xx I met my fate xx
I swear to....

Okay Gaia, if an employee hasn't graduated elementary school they shouldn't be the one doing the announcements.

I don't expect perfect grammar but seriously? You can't even get your apostrophes correct? That's first grade s**t right there.

I agree! I don't expect everything to be 100% perfect; grammar can be difficult to completely master. But I saw this, and it was just so....basic. stare

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
False Dandelion
Canicuss
So you're the one!
Pahaha, I saw your avatar on the runway once and couldn't hit that plus button fast enough! It really is beautiful. heart
Haven't seen it since then, but dggjdfgjghdf it sure made an impression. You did an excellent job. ;u;

Thank you so much! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces