Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

Hello, GCD! Yes, I had the flawless idea of making a thread about threads in a forum filled with threads. WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

So, the thought comes to me: man, GCD kinda has a system going on with its threads. We got the fanthreads, the update threads, the current goings-on with events, and then there are a couple of odd-one-outs (like this one!) or some long standing threads with no end in sight (the inexpensive item thread). I'm sure other threads have systems too, but I am a GCD hermit and I am extremely unaware of the wonders (horrors?) other forums have.

So I ask you, GCD!
What kinds of threads do you make and why (if you make any threads at all)? In the GCD, what threads do you tend to gravitate towards? Are there any kinds of threads you tend to avoid? Anything you love or hate about threads or the system GCD has?

And you can add anything else, of course! Let's get out those inception horns and get discussing.

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

Oh hi, I like this thread. It's threadception!
Ok, I loooove threads that have a general community focussed theme. The "odd ones" as you put it. I gravitate towards those like flies to shi...ok, bees to honey xd
The item/fan/event threads, they're fine and useful and informative, but they are not really something you can get your teeth into, at least not for long, and there are sooo many of them! I honestly would really love an Item Discussion sub-forum.
If I start a topic, I try to make it one of those general community types.

Hardcore Werewolf

17,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • OTP 200
I tend to stick to the item threads, unless a discussion topic really catches my eye. I tend to ignore most of the new threads because most of them are "just returned help" threads, and that subject has been addressed a million goddamn times and there are already help threads for that (please pin the "returned? This is what happened" threads to the top, admin). I like threads that make me think, and are respectful. Flat out bashing annoys me greatly and I tend to just leave and never come back when that happens lol .

Special Snowflake

The GCD has a predictable flow of threads, I think? Rather than the random topics you get in other forums, topics here will be of a certain range of threads about a limited amount of topics (partly because of forum rules).

I mainly only post in the daily update threads now, event threads and random opinion threads myself.

I've tried to get into longer standing threads before, but often find that I've arrived so late to the party that I don't really feel that welcomed.

I love to lurk in the cheapo item thread, and there are some amazing finds there.

I pretty much avoid making GCD threads since I feel like a lot of people wouldn't be interested in what I have to say. I thnk the first and only time I made a GCD thread was last year after the Summer Event (Taru/Kitsuko) about how (conspiracy) Taru actually won owing to the golden leaf given to the winners being his.... But then the official comic came out and made it redundant xd I think if I ever made another thread it would be just as silly/jokey as that one, and equally as redundant. I'd never make a serious topic in the GCD, since my joke one wasn't that well received, lol.

Personally, I like the threads where everyone can post and have an opinion over ones where you're not allowed to post anything vaguely of the opposite opinion.

Threads I avoid? Probably the ones where you can't just post as you'd please (regardless of stance/opinion) and those with polarising topics (re: flag) since I don't want what I've said taken the wrong way. Those are the kinds of topics I'd rather speak about in person or chat, since misunderstandings can be cleared up more easily than in forums, and nuances are easier to pick up.

Otherwise I'd post randomly in all threads I feel I'm welcome to post in.
I like these kind of Threads the most.
Where I can just write about my Gaia related Opinion.
I like the Ones the most that have names like "whats your gaia story?" or "how did you find Gaia and why did you stay?"
I really love to read about other Peoples Stories.
It's totally intesting for me. : D

[.Crack.]'s Fav

Sexy Melon

Hahaaa, I made a thread like last week, I'd been meaning to for a few days before. It was just based around a thought I'd had and wanted to see other GCDers opinions on it.
But I don't make threads here often and I remembered why after I made it XD
I get very paranoid after I post the thread, and wonder things like 'OMG are the spoons OK???', or 'Is the topic stupid / not interesting???'
I admire people who do the daily updates, they're all awesome.

Posting wise, I post in the update threads, tier threads, odd one out threads if I have a thought to contribute o3o
I tend not to post in fan threads mainly because... I never have? o3o
I lurk in other places like the user made items thread sometimes.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
I don't really make all the many threads in the GCD, I do like to post in existing discussion though. I love item lists, I don't post in them but I find them convenient. I've been posting in SF a lot lately, I've even been making threads in there. I'm really shy when it comes to thread making. whee

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

IDK, I just click/post whatever I feel like.

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

I mostly make update threads. (they're actually what drew me to GCD in the first place xD) I love helping out in the community and time wise, I live in a convenient enough timezone which makes doing them relatively problem-free (the CS updates between 6pm and 2am for me.)
Once in a while, I'll throw out a random thread, usually relating to a thought that popped up that I'd love to hear other opinions on or something completely random like the "bodyswap micro-event".
Outside the GCD, I tend to make giveaway threads.

I tend to avoid fanthreads as I'm not up-to-date with the manga.
I almost always peek into the odd-one-out threads (unless they're obviously "omg I just returned..." threads), I don't always post in them but I do enjoy the discussion from the shadows.
I practically live in sup-qt's project winners thread because I just love seeing what other users come up with!

Time-traveling Senshi

I make threads just not on a regular basis. Mostly, unless I'm dealing with a very specific topic (The plot and the goddess Gaia for one) or goal my threads are born out of musings I've had, like the time five years back when we first got a mention of other gods I pondered what other gods on Gaia must look like and made a thread where people could share what kinds of gods were out there on the Gaian landscape. I love threads that explore the word of Gaia in a deeper fashion or just take a silly look at it. Plus, I'm always attracted to a good bull session thread about the plot, but that's just the GCD.

In places like In the News I'll always look for the Gaian take on something that's trending over on places like Facebook. I like seeing the opinions of the familiar cast of people who frequent that forum because for the most part they're not going to troll you if they don't agree with your take on things. Sure they'll try and prove you wrong but you're very rarely called an UnAmerican racist Nazi who hates in the Jewish people of the world for speaking your mind because people can check your history of things said in that forum. Sure the forum isn't perfect and yes people have been accused of things but I tend to find the landscape in there a lot more civilized than that of the comments section on a trending news post over on Facebook.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Mn... I've not made many threads at all. Maybe like once? I'm too shy and not creative at all. rofl

I like any thread that generates good discussion. I think the only ones I tend to avoid are the ones like fan theory and Gaia-lore, because I'm just too ignorant about most of it to post anything of any substance. Don't want to clutter it up with an asinine response (I do that everywhere else already! emotion_awesome ).

Someone said it above too, but I think my favorites are ones where we can talk about our Gaia experience (like this one!), and there's not a "right" or "wrong" answer.

Enduring Spirit

I remember making threads here in the past (when I had other usernames, no one will remember me) which were kind of different from the norm in GCD. Kind of like this one. I wanted to make such a thread before but people got a similar topic out and I am afraid that since it is of the same kind, it would not be liked that much and no one would post, or it could be moved.

Rare

I like odd-one-out ones because they used to dominate the forum and be, you know, interesting. Fanthreads and item update threads are basically people being "I like this random piece of s**t thrown at me today!" which gets lost in hundreds of the same message in the same thread.

I also really like threads where people complain and whine because drama on this website is entertaining, but Gaia hasn't ******** up enough recently to warrant that, and I don't think users really care anymore.

Survivor

I am a huge lurker here in the GCD...I just never really post after reading comments...idk why sweatdrop
But I feel out of all the forums GCD probably has the most lurkers emotion_brofist

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
Haven't really made a thread in a while but looking from the past, most of it has been over searching for friends and random chatting (on this account). Haven't been the type to make threads lately. Unlike my former self, I would rather make a thread that has some meaning to it. Like on my other account, I made a thread over what type of frustrations people will get when gaming but that was long ago.

As for the type of threads that interest me, there are a variety, normally depending on the title of the thread of my mood. I usually lurk around in Chatterbox, ED, or GD (Gaming Discussion) forums. Basically, I lurk in almost any thread but I normally don't post a lot of valuable content.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff