Total Votes:[ 67 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LilyFarseer

I have no idea, I had to google that. You're talking about a cereal, correct?

I only have the cash to spend because it is about $7 a steak or cheaper, which means that two a week keeps me good for the whole week. I don't even do it every week, because some weeks they sell completely out of stock every day and I am left with nothing. I dislike those weeks. However, a little bit of over time I do for my current job pays for the splurge, as long as I don't eat out.

I don't know that I can calculate my cost for food... My monthly budget is $500, fortunately, but I never spend it all. That includes eating out and such. Checking my credit card statements I spent $70 this past week, but last week I spent 25 last week (No steaks crying ). So reality is, you're actually doing better than me!

Free-range cattle all the way for you then?

Sorry for some reason I confused jackfruit, with rose apple. I meant rose apple sweatdrop Sorry, been pushing myself hard recently my mind has been going slow.

Hmm, you dont know how much you spend when you go grocery shopping? Weird.

Free range pretty much everything. But in NZ thats pretty much how most things are. Except eggs, I avoid cage and colony, but I do buy barn raised. Which isnt ideal, but its still one of the better options at the super market.

I majored in behavioural ecology, so I understand animal behavioural relativly well, and I dont like animals which are kept stressed until they are eaten. I believe any animal no matter what we use it for should have all its needs met up until its killed. (Animal needs = Food, water, space, shelter, and the ability to display normal behaviour).
Sagebomb

Sorry for some reason I confused jackfruit, with rose apple. I meant rose apple sweatdrop Sorry, been pushing myself hard recently my mind has been going slow.

Hmm, you dont know how much you spend when you go grocery shopping? Weird.

Free range pretty much everything. But in NZ thats pretty much how most things are. Except eggs, I avoid cage and colony, but I do buy barn raised. Which isnt ideal, but its still one of the better options at the super market.

I majored in behavioural ecology, so I understand animal behavioural relativly well, and I dont like animals which are kept stressed until they are eaten. I believe any animal no matter what we use it for should have all its needs met up until its killed. (Animal needs = Food, water, space, shelter, and the ability to display normal behaviour).

I'm doomed to be surrounded by smart people. Why do you have to make sense? And no, I'm not making fun of you.

Here in America, there are actually a lot of free ranged cows at least, and our venison is mostly free range, because it's extremely difficult to keep an animal that can hop over every fence you erect inside. No, our venison is mostly from hunters who thin the herds. All free range. A lot of our cattle are free range, as I said. After calving season, a lot of the cattle is let loose into the surrounding fields, where they mix and mingle. Then, all the ranchers get on ATVs or horses and go into the mountains and bring them down, separating them as needed. At least, it was that way in Utah. In North Dakota, it's a bit different. Free Range means they have a fence that keeps them from stampeding over the crops.

We have so many free range chickens here that eggs are plentiful. Turkeys roam the streets of my town freely. I watched some Mormon Missionaries chasing one right before Thanksgiving last year. The turkey got away.

Be careful when you push yourself, or you'll wind up like me, which I have a hard time keeping thoughts inside my head. Also, I don't recall seeing rose apples, sorry.

No, I don't. Going back through, I spent $150 one week though. >_> I dunno what I was thinking or doing. Anyways. *cough* That may be the week I was fired and went to the liquor store to celebrate. Best thing that ever happened to me, I think.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LilyFarseer

I'm doomed to be surrounded by smart people. Why do you have to make sense? And no, I'm not making fun of you.

Here in America, there are actually a lot of free ranged cows at least, and our venison is mostly free range, because it's extremely difficult to keep an animal that can hop over every fence you erect inside. No, our venison is mostly from hunters who thin the herds. All free range. A lot of our cattle are free range, as I said. After calving season, a lot of the cattle is let loose into the surrounding fields, where they mix and mingle. Then, all the ranchers get on ATVs or horses and go into the mountains and bring them down, separating them as needed. At least, it was that way in Utah. In North Dakota, it's a bit different. Free Range means they have a fence that keeps them from stampeding over the crops.

We have so many free range chickens here that eggs are plentiful. Turkeys roam the streets of my town freely. I watched some Mormon Missionaries chasing one right before Thanksgiving last year. The turkey got away.

Be careful when you push yourself, or you'll wind up like me, which I have a hard time keeping thoughts inside my head. Also, I don't recall seeing rose apples, sorry.

No, I don't. Going back through, I spent $150 one week though. >_> I dunno what I was thinking or doing. Anyways. *cough* That may be the week I was fired and went to the liquor store to celebrate. Best thing that ever happened to me, I think.

Smart people are interesting to talk to, typically well informed and up to date on various matters.

Most beef cattle I saw in the states did have quite large fields, though often not must grass (In many cases it seemed to be dusty fields, and hay feed).

I have only spent a week in SLC, but flying over, green wasnt the main colours I saw all over utah.

If I ever can afford to set myself up I would like to have my own chikens amongst otherthings, I was brought up with getting eggs from our own chickens, brought up on goats milk from our goats, and lots of fresh fruit and veges from the garden. Living a life where you move to where ever you can find work, I dont have the same kinda access to stuff.

I cant really afford to not keep track of my expenses so when I am grocery shopping I know what I need, but I still keep a running tab as I pick up stuff incase I get motivated by something I see, but to make sure I dont get any surprises at the checkout.

The rose apples were nice, as were the jack fruit. But I probally still ate a lot more mango in thailand, because MMmmm mango.
Sagebomb

Smart people are interesting to talk to, typically well informed and up to date on various matters.

Most beef cattle I saw in the states did have quite large fields, though often not must grass (In many cases it seemed to be dusty fields, and hay feed).

I have only spent a week in SLC, but flying over, green wasnt the main colours I saw all over utah.

If I ever can afford to set myself up I would like to have my own chikens amongst otherthings, I was brought up with getting eggs from our own chickens, brought up on goats milk from our goats, and lots of fresh fruit and veges from the garden. Living a life where you move to where ever you can find work, I dont have the same kinda access to stuff.

I cant really afford to not keep track of my expenses so when I am grocery shopping I know what I need, but I still keep a running tab as I pick up stuff incase I get motivated by something I see, but to make sure I dont get any surprises at the checkout.

The rose apples were nice, as were the jack fruit. But I probally still ate a lot more mango in thailand, because MMmmm mango.

It depends on where the cattle are raised. A lot of times, the cattle have over-fed the area, forming the huge dust bowls you see. There are a lot of places they could be released to, but the Bureau of Land Management said "No." They're a little afraid the cattle may roam into the protected forest areas. Another, massive problem is that the option to lease BLM land is also slightly expensive at best, and many farmers find that they can't properly pay for it out of pocket, so they buy the hay on a loan. Also, they can turn their huge fields into hay, which farmers do frequently. There are different kinds of hey though, not just wheat.

The mountains were sort of green at least, weren't they? I remember ATVing with my uncle once and there was a whole group of black angus mooing and chewing the trees.

Mmm Fresh eggs, still warm... It sounds delicious, actually. I'm kind of envious that you got that chance. In South Korea, it wasn't an option. We couldn't even grow vegetables, because we didn't get the right amount of sun, nor was there enough of the right kind of vegetables. It killed off the plants pretty bad. We finally got an orange tree that mostly stayed inside, that didn't really produce any fruit. I can't ever recall it blooming either.

I remember in Washington though, we had a HUGE vegetable garden and a bunch of fruit trees. My dad even replaced part of our fence with some string and grew grapes and different kinds of peas, and in the summer time, he'd take us up the mountain side and we'd pick wild berries and make jelly. He also bought 20 acres where he put in a small orchard, probablly 55 trees or so, and he would take care of it on weekends, and when he had to fly other places, my mom would drag all of us kids out there, we'd load up the huge 50 gallon drum in the back of the truck, and then haul the water out to each of the trees for extra watering. My family spent weeks clearing enough space for the trees to go, because the weeds were higher than my dad was tall (Granted, he's fairly short for a male). It was a daunting task, and we sometimes would spend a whole week there to weed, and keep the weeds down to a manageable level. (Meaning, rip them from the ground and burn them). Eventually, we got enough cleared that he put in a storage container of food and supplies for just in case, and he planted walnut trees. He went back there two summers ago, and his trees were withering away without the constant, tender care my family had provided. We never got to see them bear fruit, sadly, because by the time we left to go back to South Korea, they hadn't yet matured enough to actually give us anything.

I know all about living a life where you move to where you can find work... I did that three years ago. Hopefully I am stable for now, but the wanderlust is creeping up on me, and I just want to go rock climbing again. I need to loose weight and my knee to heal up some more before I can though... But if I do stay here, I want to enjoy it to the fullest! The land prices here aren't cheap, so I'm saving my money, one measly scrap at a time...

Well, I used to budget more, when I made far less money but still managed it. I live pay-check to pay-check any more though because they raised a lot of prices on food, rent, and utilities. There is the added expenses of I've been putting money away for dental and vision (Which I'll be dipping into this upcoming week. Ugh) which I don't touch, and then my emergency fund is low because I needed a whole new AC compressor to replace one tiny little gauge in my car... That was a lovely little surprise. Also, the whole moving thing I did recently stripped me of most of my funds in general, so I'm slowly building back up. I haven't at least touched my savings bonds, stocks, or mutual funds. If I really have to, I can fall back on that... Though I hope that I never do! If I hit my limit on something, I fall back on eating rice. I was the main staple of my diet before I moved to the US (And incidentally, when I was skinny) and I just add a dash of veggies and away it goes! I try to eat a meal like that twice to three times a week anyways, because healthy, and it keeps me from getting so frustrated with life. I think it's just a habit I fall back on when angry. Occasionally, I add some beef to the mix, and some soysauce, garlic, ginger, onion... Mmmmmm... I made myself hungry after just eating my way through a bag of sugar snap peas...

Smart people are interesting to talk to... and fairly addicting. Frankly, I'm surprised we're having this discussion at all. o.O Not saying you're smart, but usually by now, they've run away screaming into the... outside portion?

Mango...? <had strep throat all through Thailand, then sister got bit by a monkey>

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LilyFarseer

It depends on where the cattle are raised. A lot of times, the cattle have over-fed the area, forming the huge dust bowls you see. There are a lot of places they could be released to, but the Bureau of Land Management said "No." They're a little afraid the cattle may roam into the protected forest areas. Another, massive problem is that the option to lease BLM land is also slightly expensive at best, and many farmers find that they can't properly pay for it out of pocket, so they buy the hay on a loan. Also, they can turn their huge fields into hay, which farmers do frequently. There are different kinds of hey though, not just wheat.

The mountains were sort of green at least, weren't they? I remember ATVing with my uncle once and there was a whole group of black angus mooing and chewing the trees.

Mmm Fresh eggs, still warm... It sounds delicious, actually. I'm kind of envious that you got that chance. In South Korea, it wasn't an option. We couldn't even grow vegetables, because we didn't get the right amount of sun, nor was there enough of the right kind of vegetables. It killed off the plants pretty bad. We finally got an orange tree that mostly stayed inside, that didn't really produce any fruit. I can't ever recall it blooming either.

I remember in Washington though, we had a HUGE vegetable garden and a bunch of fruit trees. My dad even replaced part of our fence with some string and grew grapes and different kinds of peas, and in the summer time, he'd take us up the mountain side and we'd pick wild berries and make jelly. He also bought 20 acres where he put in a small orchard, probablly 55 trees or so, and he would take care of it on weekends, and when he had to fly other places, my mom would drag all of us kids out there, we'd load up the huge 50 gallon drum in the back of the truck, and then haul the water out to each of the trees for extra watering. My family spent weeks clearing enough space for the trees to go, because the weeds were higher than my dad was tall (Granted, he's fairly short for a male). It was a daunting task, and we sometimes would spend a whole week there to weed, and keep the weeds down to a manageable level. (Meaning, rip them from the ground and burn them). Eventually, we got enough cleared that he put in a storage container of food and supplies for just in case, and he planted walnut trees. He went back there two summers ago, and his trees were withering away without the constant, tender care my family had provided. We never got to see them bear fruit, sadly, because by the time we left to go back to South Korea, they hadn't yet matured enough to actually give us anything.

I know all about living a life where you move to where you can find work... I did that three years ago. Hopefully I am stable for now, but the wanderlust is creeping up on me, and I just want to go rock climbing again. I need to loose weight and my knee to heal up some more before I can though... But if I do stay here, I want to enjoy it to the fullest! The land prices here aren't cheap, so I'm saving my money, one measly scrap at a time...

Well, I used to budget more, when I made far less money but still managed it. I live pay-check to pay-check any more though because they raised a lot of prices on food, rent, and utilities. There is the added expenses of I've been putting money away for dental and vision (Which I'll be dipping into this upcoming week. Ugh) which I don't touch, and then my emergency fund is low because I needed a whole new AC compressor to replace one tiny little gauge in my car... That was a lovely little surprise. Also, the whole moving thing I did recently stripped me of most of my funds in general, so I'm slowly building back up. I haven't at least touched my savings bonds, stocks, or mutual funds. If I really have to, I can fall back on that... Though I hope that I never do! If I hit my limit on something, I fall back on eating rice. I was the main staple of my diet before I moved to the US (And incidentally, when I was skinny) and I just add a dash of veggies and away it goes! I try to eat a meal like that twice to three times a week anyways, because healthy, and it keeps me from getting so frustrated with life. I think it's just a habit I fall back on when angry. Occasionally, I add some beef to the mix, and some soysauce, garlic, ginger, onion... Mmmmmm... I made myself hungry after just eating my way through a bag of sugar snap peas...

Smart people are interesting to talk to... and fairly addicting. Frankly, I'm surprised we're having this discussion at all. o.O Not saying you're smart, but usually by now, they've run away screaming into the... outside portion?

Mango...? <had strep throat all through Thailand, then sister got bit by a monkey>

Yeah if the area is over fed it means there are too many cattle there, or it hasnt been given time to regrow between grazings.

I remember flying over a mountin that had been dug out as a big mine.... (Kennecott Copper Mine) it was weird basically a inverted mountain...

Yeah it can take a decade or more for some trees to start producing fruit, and possibly another 5 or more before they start producing heavy loads. Depending on the type of tree, the soil and the climate.

Rock climbing is cool, but Im not really a fan of carrying the gear so I preffer to go bouldering. This is one of my fave places to go bouldering, Its about a hour from where I currently live (or 30 mins from when I was living in the mountains)

Yeah Im glad when I dropped that 300lb weight a couple days ago, and basically "took a knee" to bring it lower to trust it back and keep balance. That I didnt do much more than scrape that knee on the ground. But at least I got one squat out of it first emotion_kirakira But yeah that could have gone worse on my knee if I didnt manage the drop better.

Not saying Im smart...yeah you wouldnt want to imply that XD. And its true I only have a batchelors of science, smart people should have a masters as least sweatdrop

Mango is awesome, the first month about a block from my condo there was this really awesome street vender who made awesome fresh mango smoothies (Not much more than mango, ice and a bit of thai sweetener not that it needed it). And that was about 75 cents. I got one of those most days.
Sagebomb
Yeah if the area is over fed it means there are too many cattle there, or it hasnt been given time to regrow between grazings.

I remember flying over a mountin that had been dug out as a big mine.... (Kennecott Copper Mine) it was weird basically a inverted mountain...

Yeah it can take a decade or more for some trees to start producing fruit, and possibly another 5 or more before they start producing heavy loads. Depending on the type of tree, the soil and the climate.

Rock climbing is cool, but Im not really a fan of carrying the gear so I preffer to go bouldering. This is one of my fave places to go bouldering, Its about a hour from where I currently live (or 30 mins from when I was living in the mountains)

Yeah Im glad when I dropped that 300lb weight a couple days ago, and basically "took a knee" to bring it lower to trust it back and keep balance. That I didnt do much more than scrape that knee on the ground. But at least I got one squat out of it first emotion_kirakira But yeah that could have gone worse on my knee if I didnt manage the drop better.

Not saying Im smart...yeah you wouldnt want to imply that XD. And its true I only have a batchelors of science, smart people should have a masters as least sweatdrop

Mango is awesome, the first month about a block from my condo there was this really awesome street vender who made awesome fresh mango smoothies (Not much more than mango, ice and a bit of thai sweetener not that it needed it). And that was about 75 cents. I got one of those most days.

A lot of times there isn't any time between cull/birthing/eating to regrow any grass, so the place gets stampeeded, and then the big guns have to come out, re-seed, and the cows are moved to a different pasture... But again, that's money.

I admit, I kind of enjoy looking at mines from the sky. They fascinate me. Sink holes do too, and so do "blue holes". Holes fascinate me in general. I always wanted to go spelunking, but that was even more equipment, and I just couldn't face that. Also, I've got this small/gigantic terror of creepy crawlies in caverns...

I enjoy indoor rock climbing when it is possible, versus outdoors. I never owned gear, I prefer to rent mine at the indoor centers when I go, and if I go with a partner, even better, because harnesses cost a lot of money to buy. Bouldering seems pretty interesting though, not going to lie. I require my lines, because I get sudden moments of imbalances where I will be fine one moment, then dizzy the next, and I'm terrified of falling. That being said, I'm also fairly sure-footed. Hiking poses few problems, unless my knee decides to say "Nope nope." Honestly, I would love to go horse-back riding up trails again someday! That would be fun to me! I've only done it once, but I hear riding is like biking, you remember it fairly quickly (Which as I've dealt with horses off and on, I know I adjust pretty quickly).

Yeah... I think we succored the trees perhaps 3 or 4 years before having to let them go. My dad did want to put in a water pump on the property, but it cost money, and we weren't living there at all... Since the 20 acres will be split between 4 kids, I get to look forward to 5 of the acres. I want to move there and fix it up, but 1. It requires living in a tent for a few months to a year... 2. Eventually, plumbing of sorts, and some kind of electric generator. It's Washington State, rainy side. I don't know how much electricity solar panels will net there, or how much would be needed to keep a house functioning around the clock. 3. It's a mountainside... a good portion of the land isn't actually very usable. 4. I'd need a job that would allow me to infuse money into the land essentially, and have the time to even play with the land...

Yeah.. Just be careful. Once you need a knee replacement, you're screwed for the rest of your life. I don't need one just yet, but I have a hard time bending, scooping, or even touching my toes.

You are EXTREMELY smart. Smart to me isn't measured by how much someone went to college, because in that case, nice to meet you, I'm a college drop out and I graduated the lowest 25 percentile of my class in high school. ~doffs top hat~ I mean, I don't have a super good job or what not, but I pride myself in not OH MY A SQUIRREL!

Let's also put it this way. I know someone with a PHD in child psychology. I hate talking to him. Oh, he can really nerd out on the chemistry and such behind it, but when we discuss basic psychology, he's somewhat... dunderheadish... and if I try to talk to him about ANYTHING else, he is like a sieve and I'm trying to pour some water into that skull of his... There is only so much the sieve is going to retain as surface tension. Some of the smartest, most well-educated and to-date people I have ever met never even went to college. I'm not belittling your education in the least, because I do think education is important, but I don't want you to think it is a defining moment. It's like... Asking an accountant to start talking about gangs and jail cells. They will have a pre-concieved notion often enough, and never bother to dig below a surface.

No, what makes people very smart is their ability to think, asses, and act on their feet. It is measured not by what you know, but by what you understand. It is something you get through your experiences in life and can apply to almost anything. Smart people can still experience wonder in life. Intelligent, ones with their degree that they ground out by putting their nose to a grind stone and missing so much... I'm not belittling them in any way, but they often (Not all of them) completely miss some of the beautiful things in life. So to me, you are smart. Trust me, I've met many a man who had a pretty face, but there was no oxygen to the brain. This page has it down pretty funny. Actually, I find the whole web-comic funny, because... well.. After living through a small portion of it... So much of it is true. eek

That drink sounds awesome! I kind of wish I could try it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff