how did you discover Gaia ?

A friend 0.56291390728477 56.3% [ 85 ]
An add 0.079470198675497 7.9% [ 12 ]
Complete accident 0.13907284768212 13.9% [ 21 ]
Other (do explain) 0.21854304635762 21.9% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 151 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Toxic Trendsetter

I really wanted to make friends on the internet because I thought the idea was cool as heck and I was very very bad at Runescape, so I had an account on a manga importer's website instead. They were trying to turn their site into a hybrid of sales / games / social networking, so they had a profile system with messaging and some okay forum boards. I'm lying. They were awful forum boards. So laggy. So image heavy. Much scare.

My first friend on there had a link to her Gaia profile on there because she wanted people to make her avatar art. A few clicks sent me here and I haven't left since 06.

Shy Phantom

17,075 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Ahaha, an old friend of mine forced me to join. She quit a while back and I dont talk to her anymore, but I'm still here rofl
Someone on Neopets back in '04 had their avatar in their paintbrush store and I thought it was super cute. I thought she had drawn it cause of course youre gullible when you're 10 and she told me of this site

Kawaii Bunny

My sister joined, and she asked me to join too so that she'd have someone to play mini games with.

Dedicated Fatcat

A friend of mine that I watched anime with told me about it and basically forced me to make an account back in October 30th 2004. I didn't touch it again until December, thus completely missing the first Halloween. Much regret ensued when I realised how important/fun that event was. gonk

She slowly got our entire group of friends interested, but yes I believe I'm the remaining one. We all had some weird catastrophic falling out at some point and didn't interact with each other much more after 2006.

?!'s Boyfriend

A Egg

44,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
Someone that I was friends with at the time told me that I should join. A few months later, after a ban cold-turkeyed my Neopets addiction, I made an account here.

thru a betch name deltrice

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Waaaay back in the day, back in Spring of 2003, two of my friends at the time told me about this "cool, new anime message board" and spent a few weeks hammering away at my resolve, saying it would be much easier to RP there than on a shitty English version of a Japanese BBS from the late 90s. Eventually, I gave in, mainly because I was barely a teenager at the time and spending the summer in the middle of ******** no where, several states away from my home, with nothing to god damn do for most of the afternoon, five days a week, with old school dial-up internet that still had a monthly bandwidth limit, so what else was there for me to do?

Those two friends have since quit Gaia, years and years ago, and I've fallen out of contact with them, but I'm still here, for better or worse.

Predestined Otaku

18,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I clicked on one of those crappy ads they had around 2008. They still had the giant red button which somehow causes people to sign up which in retrospect looked stupid but me being an impressionable teenager decided to obey anyway,
lol

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

When I was young, I had to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill, with nothing but dial up internet and no adblock, hunting in the frozen fields for pants. Gaia found me shivering , alone, far from home, and gave me pants.

Beloved Lunatic

in 2007, there was an ad that caught my eye in a website (i think it was some kind of an internet game site)
the ad had some type of anime art that was well-drawn so i clicked it and it was gaia
i remember i was quite surprised in a good way at the quality of the avatars so i joined c:

Rogue

Someone I dated told me, and I made an account, fell in love with the site, and am still here. That was 2006 I think. We dated briefly in high school. Found out when I transferred schools I met more friends who had a Gaia account too. Small world.

Star Darling

I was barely 13 looking around a site that had inuyasha fanfiction, ended up on like, the icon/graphics maker's page, they were talking about like, making graphics for their thread on Gaia, so I was like "i like making pictures and also anime, i want in on this also" so then that happened and now I'm almost 23 years old cat_eek
User Image

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think I was on Neopets or Adventure Quest and there was an ad. i clicked on it and joined Gaia. That was 10 years ago. I no longer have that account though, kinda a long story. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff