Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
I am overweight. My problem is not eating, it's exercise. I don't have a means to. Crowded and secluded house, and an anxiety that comes from being outside alone. When I spent some time in a trade school they had me in a gym program and I was making progress in leaps and bounds, but then I graduated and returned to the crowded stress filled place I am now. Sadly, such an option is no longer available and I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have no means of transportation, and no funds to move. Any advice? sweatdrop

Dapper Gekko

Try someone online pilates videos. Blogilates, for examples, has a schedule of workout videos each month. The only thing you need is some clear floor spaces and eventually something to act as weights C:

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
Phoenix Songbird
Try someone online pilates videos. Blogilates, for examples, has a schedule of workout videos each month. The only thing you need is some clear floor spaces and eventually something to act as weights C:
Trying to get the clean floor space thing going, but it's hoarder-esque around here and only recently been improving. I'll definitely look into that, thank you. ^_^

Dapper Ladykiller

Aura Chao
Phoenix Songbird
Trying to get the clean floor space thing going, but it's hoarder-esque around here and only recently been improving. I'll definitely look into that, thank you. ^_^

Really, you only need enough room to lay down to get a good workout in. Maybe a 6ft by 4ft space? In my old house I'd move the table against the wall to make the space for myself. There are SO many good online resources, I personally am a fan of fitnessblender but blogilates or yogayak are great too, anything you can get into!

Also, do you have a friend around that will go outside with you? I had a friend in school who would walk to the park and play Frisbee with me. We were pretty awful, but it got us running around in the sunshine 3nodding

Invisible Protagonist

9,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
When you're watching tv and the commercial comes on that's when you should work out. Start doing crunches and push ups during the commercials. If you have stairs in your house then during the commercials you can start walking up and down the stairs. I run by myself everyday all bc my sister doesn't like running with people. At first I didn't like it, but now its alright.

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
Zuska Darling
Aura Chao
Phoenix Songbird

Really, you only need enough room to lay down to get a good workout in. Maybe a 6ft by 4ft space? In my old house I'd move the table against the wall to make the space for myself. There are SO many good online resources, I personally am a fan of fitnessblender but blogilates or yogayak are great too, anything you can get into!

Also, do you have a friend around that will go outside with you? I had a friend in school who would walk to the park and play Frisbee with me. We were pretty awful, but it got us running around in the sunshine 3nodding
I'll look into those. o:
My boyfriend is the only one who visits. We go walking when he does because there's a forest nearby, but I figured I needed things to do without him and not be so dependent on him visiting.

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
The Royal Trickster
When you're watching tv and the commercial comes on that's when you should work out. Start doing crunches and push ups during the commercials. If you have stairs in your house then during the commercials you can start walking up and down the stairs. I run by myself everyday all bc my sister doesn't like running with people. At first I didn't like it, but now its alright.
I don't watch as much tv anymore but I'll keep that in mind! The stairs lead right to the room where the tv is so that's brilliant. :3 I have legit anxiety. If I were to be out alone I might have a panic attack, and that's not a good time to be alone.

Dapper Ladykiller

Aura Chao
Zuska Darling
Aura Chao
Phoenix Songbird

I'll look into those. o:
My boyfriend is the only one who visits. We go walking when he does because there's a forest nearby, but I figured I needed things to do without him and not be so dependent on him visiting.

Well, every little bit helps! Good luck trying to establish a routine, I'd love to see you on the success stories board smile

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Aura Chao
I am overweight. My problem is not eating, it's exercise. I don't have a means to. Crowded and secluded house, and an anxiety that comes from being outside alone. When I spent some time in a trade school they had me in a gym program and I was making progress in leaps and bounds, but then I graduated and returned to the crowded stress filled place I am now. Sadly, such an option is no longer available and I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have no means of transportation, and no funds to move. Any advice? sweatdrop

All you need to exercise is a functioning body and some will power. Pretty sure nothing is stopping you from knocking out some pt in your room or wherever you are. If I learned anything in the army, it's that you don't need a gym to get fit. If you want to get big, thats a different story though...

You always have time to do

Pushups

Sit ups

The y squat

Every morning.

How many? As many as you can do. In intervals. Do as many pushups as possible in 1.5 min, then repeat that for sit ups. Then the y squat. Do that 4 times 3 days a week in the morning followed by some stretching and throw in a one mile rule two times a week on different days and you'll be amazed by how much that helps.

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao

All you need to exercise is a functioning body and some will power. Pretty sure nothing is stopping you from knocking out some pt in your room or wherever you are. If I learned anything in the army, it's that you don't need a gym to get fit. If you want to get big, thats a different story though...

Pushups

Sit ups

The y squat

Every morning.

How many? As many as you can do. In intervals. Do as many pushups as possible in 1.5 min, then repeat that for sit ups. Then the y squat. Do that 4 times 3 days a week in the morning followed by some stretching and throw in a one mile rule two times a week on different days and you'll be amazed by how much that helps.
You can be "pretty sure" about whatever you like, but as I said before my housing situation isn't 'normal'. Thank you for your input, but you've approached it without fully grasping my situation, and that doesn't help me any. Also, I'm here for advice on how to lose weight, so your "If you want to get big" bit is really uncalled for. confused

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Aura Chao
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao

Pushups

Sit ups

The y squat

Every morning.

You can be "pretty sure" about whatever you like, but as I said before my housing situation isn't 'normal'. Thank you for your input, but you've approached it without fully grasping my situation, and that doesn't help me any. Also, I'm here for advice on how to lose weight, so your "If you want to get big" bit is really uncalled for. confused

You will lose weight like that. The muscle building bit was a side note regarding a situation where a gym is pretty crucial to a particular aspect of fitness. Sorry if it seemed to imply that that goal was yours. Though i'm curious, would your situation not even allow you to do the above?

Mousy Shapeshifter

23,075 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Pied Piper 200
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao

Pushups

Sit ups

The y squat

Every morning.

You will lose weight like that. The muscle building bit was a side note regarding a situation where a gym is pretty crucial to a particular aspect of fitness. Sorry if it seemed to imply that that goal was yours. Though i'm curious, would your situation not even allow you to do the above?
My apologies, I didn't realize you mean muscle mass big. The only open floor space is the living room, where everyone walks. Can't really block the walkway. Also, I was in the gym with a personal trainer due to needing upper arm strength for my trade. The one-on-one aspect was a major boon to my confidence as I felt I had someone supporting me and a person to go to for questions.

Dapper Ladykiller

Aura Chao
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao
Vestri Umbra
Aura Chao

Pushups

Sit ups

The y squat

Every morning.

My apologies, I didn't realize you mean muscle mass big. The only open floor space is the living room, where everyone walks. Can't really block the walkway. Also, I was in the gym with a personal trainer due to needing upper arm strength for my trade. The one-on-one aspect was a major boon to my confidence as I felt I had someone supporting me and a person to go to for questions.

Hmm.. As far as the walkway being a problem- what if you wake up super early to workout? I know that's a crappy solution, but I used to do it when I was in high school. Id get up at 5:30 before my family to pound out an hour of yoga, then I'd be up to make breakfast for everyone. Not only did I get a good workout, I made brownie points for having coffee/breakfasts ready by 7.

Manly Businesswoman

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Try Insanity! You can do it in your home and get quick results! It's not as crazy as people say because they recommend that you go at your own pace! So don't be intimidated. I can link you where I got my files if you want and if you have any questions you can always PM me! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff