Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fam's been dieting and they don't like water so they started adding flavors, particularly Crystal Light and Dasani. Of course the labels makes these additives look harmless but there's gotta be some downsides?

Other than the fake sugar giving you cancer fiasco, of course.

Dapper Ladykiller

There's a lot of back and forth on this, but nothing set in stone in the literature. My opinion is its better to have a crystal light than a root beer, but its better to have water than either. You guys can also try just adding a slice of lemon with some stevia, if you want to try to face both sides.

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
Yeeeeah, it pretty much 99.99999% safe. It's not going to give them cancer. Mio and Crystal Light are about the only ways to get me to drink water too. Unless they are getting the biofeed back of it increasing their insulin production so they crave more food, and thus eat more and negate their diet, they will be fine with it.
Jumping Jehosaphat
Yeeeeah, it pretty much 99.99999% safe. It's not going to give them cancer. Mio and Crystal Light are about the only ways to get me to drink water too. Unless they are getting the biofeed back of it increasing their insulin production so they crave more food, and thus eat more and negate their diet, they will be fine with it.

Interesting point.
Yeah, I'll probably stay away from it. It tastes so sweet that I actually need twice as much plain water right after.

Dapper Ladykiller

kittermeow
Jumping Jehosaphat

Interesting point.
Yeah, I'll probably stay away from it. It tastes so sweet that I actually need twice as much plain water right after.

Hey, maybe that's a good trick to get you to drink more water wink

As a note, you can buy flavored water that isn't sweetened by anything at all. It might not taste as great, but it can be a nice change of pace.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff