Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

in public
assuming the environment doesn't make clothing necessary for insulation or whatever
I don't get it
I mean, sure, I like pockets, but I could figure some other way to carry my id and stuff
sursly, yo
from blue to
I mean, sure, I like pockets, but I could figure some other way to carry my id and stuff

Like where? Rectally?

Garbage

Yeah but like... I would be literally incapable of sitting down if I were nude in public, because, I do not want my v****a touching the same surfaces that literally scores-to-hundreds of strangers have had their bare skin and possibly genitals on that day alone.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Sanitation like Cassidy says. That's my main problem, I'd be fine with just undies, I can put my stuff in a purse or necklace pouch. But utterly naked I don't want my but to touch places where someone might have went to the bathroom while drunk. Not mention broken glass, and other substances on the ground.
I also don't want my v****a touching things that might get my sick that way. Like seriously. Someone pukes up the flu virus and I sit in it naked? Not a good thing. Flu virus can live to TWO DAYS on surfaces. I don't want to go to the doctor telling him I got the flu because I didn't want to wear pants.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Cassidy Peterson
Yeah but like... I would be literally incapable of sitting down if I were nude in public, because, I do not want my v****a touching the same surfaces that literally scores-to-hundreds of strangers have had their bare skin and possibly genitals on that day alone.

Faustine Liem
Sanitation like Cassidy says. That's my main problem, I'd be fine with just undies, I can put my stuff in a purse or necklace pouch. But utterly naked I don't want my but to touch places where someone might have went to the bathroom while drunk. Not mention broken glass, and other substances on the ground.
I also don't want my v****a touching things that might get my sick that way. Like seriously. Someone pukes up the flu virus and I sit in it naked? Not a good thing. Flu virus can live to TWO DAYS on surfaces. I don't want to go to the doctor telling him I got the flu because I didn't want to wear pants.

Jock Itch? Herpes? Genital Warts? Infection in general? Yeah, I have to agree with both of you. I don't want to sit my bare delicates on a surface that was just subjected to some woman's blue waffle excretions. emotion_puke

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Don't a lot of nudists carry around a towel to sit on in public spaces? If nudism became mainstream then I imagine that habit would come along with it. That should address the fear of hygiene problems for the most part.

Fanatical Zealot

Yoshpet
Don't a lot of nudists carry around a towel to sit on in public spaces? If nudism became mainstream then I imagine that habit would come along with it. That should address the fear of hygiene problems for the most part.

Why not just wear your towel all the time, I.E. like pants?

Fanatical Zealot

There's a lot of things you can't do in public, take a dump, have sex, play your music loudly, drive quickly on roads. The reasoning is primarily that the public doesn't like or health reasons. If you want to be naked, that's fine, but you've got to do it on your own property.

People don't like to look at naked people all the time, so they don't want you to be naked in public.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet

Because they do not want to wear clothes? I was answering the question of hygiene for people who are nude (which precludes wearing clothes as a solution) based on contemporary nudist etiquette.

Not really interested in debating the decency of the naked human body, if that's where this is headed.

Fanatical Zealot

Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet

Because they do not want to wear clothes? I was answering the question of hygiene for people who are nude (which precludes wearing clothes as a solution) based on contemporary nudist etiquette.

Not really interested in debating the decency of the naked human body, if that's where this is headed.

Yeah but, wouldn't it be more difficult to carry around in a towel in your arms than to just wear it and forget about it?

Doesn't seem practical. Not to mention, what if you forget about it, or lose your towel? What if you bump into things or people, will you always have a towel shielding you at the exact right moments.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
I also would not want to sit my bare a** on something everyone else's bare asses sat upon.

However, if this ever became an actual problem and I felt like walking around naked for whatever reason, like Yosh mentioned, I'd just bring a towel.

Suddenly the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy makes sense.
Because nobody really wants to know the naked truth.

Try what you might, i'm not going to run around without pants and a shirt in public.
Every time this comes up, my responses are the same:

1.) Health and sanitation

We as a society have a hard time teaching everyone to pee inside of a toilet and not poop on the floor and wash their hands (see any public bathroom). Why nudists think society would magically become cleaner then makes no sense to me.

2.) Personal tastes

I simply don't want to be forced to see naked people all the time unless I can guarantee that the only people I will see naked are all women I find attractive.
Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet

Do you really think everyone would follow nudist etiquette? Most probably will, but there would be many who wouldn't. As Riviera de la Mancha said, we still have people who do not practice basic hygiene like washing their hands.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
misheru105
Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet

Do you really think everyone would follow nudist etiquette? Most probably will, but there would be many who wouldn't. As Riviera de la Mancha said, we still have people who do not practice basic hygiene like washing their hands.

No, nor did I imply that. Unhygienic people will violate the standards whether they involve clothes or not.

Was I not supposed to answer the question since we live in an imperfect world?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff