Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

TOKYO: A giant gorilla with brooding good looks and rippling muscles is causing a stir at a Japanese zoo, with women flocking to check out the hunky pin-up.

Shabani, an 18-year-old silverback who tips the scales at around 180 kilograms (400 pounds), has become the star attraction at Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens in Nagoya, striking smouldering poses the movie model in “Zoolander” would be proud of.

“He often rests his chin on his hands and looks intently at you,” zoo spokesman Takayuki Ishikawa told AFP on Friday.

“He is more buff than most gorillas and he’s at his peak physically. We’ve seen a rise in the number of female visitors – women say he’s very good-looking.”

Shabani, who has been at the zoo since 2007, shot to fame after being made the campaign model for the zoo’s spring festival earlier this year, Ishikawa said, adding that the ape’s paternal skills are also a big hit with women.

“He’s a father and he always protects and looks over his children,” he said. “Zoo-goers think his kindness is attractive too.”

Women have taken to social media to swoon about Shabani’s rugged looks, describing him as “ikemen” – or a hunk – and likening him to a male model.

A recent flurry of tweets has made Shabani a national celebrity, with Japan’s broadcasters NHK and NTV featuring the gorilla on popular shows.

“He will look you in the eye and sometimes if you’re taking photos it will look like he’s posing for you like a model,” said Ishikawa. “But he’s the head of a group of five gorillas so it’s likely he’s just watching out for them and keeping an eye on you.” --AFP

Source

And a pic of the hunky fellow:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And you know, somewhere someone is posting on the darkest part of the internet fanfic/hentai involving the guy. (And no, I'm not going to go search for it. I've already stumbled into the dark place once unwisely following links to writing fanfic and wound up finding a fanfic involving Spider-man and Venom that made me want to burn my computer.)

Feral Bloodsucker

You humans are interesting creatures.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ooohh! Mr. Gorilla! You so hunky!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Wow! Actually that guy really is handsome! I am not kidding you! I really do think that!

Sugary Cat

I wouldn't say he's hot, but there's definetly something about him. Amazing how much gorillas are like humans... Freaky....

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Making it really hard to resist a certain type of joke here...

Fanged Wyvern

20,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It's true....Bitches love Expand Dong.

Fanatical Zealot

My God.

I knew it was only a matter of time before we men got super seded by superior creatures of the imagination.

First it was Edward Cullen, now it's this creature made up of 100% pure man meat.

No thinking, no feels, just raw sex and hunkiness. What is the world coming too?! (Clearly this Gorilla...)

Liberal Friend

Suicidesoldier#1
My God.

I knew it was only a matter of time before we men got super seded by superior creatures of the imagination.

First it was Edward Cullen, now it's this creature made up of 100% pure man meat.

No thinking, no feels, just raw sex and hunkiness. What is the world coming too?! (Clearly this Gorilla...)

This post was worth of a tip. I had a good laugh. Thank you for starting my morning off with that. biggrin

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

It's his eyes. There's something profound in them...

As for Japan, little wonder their native ethnic population is on the decline, what with guys being more interested in their virtual girlfriends, which they carry around in portable devices and the women being interested in... a gorilla. sweatdrop

User Image

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Nyadriel
Wow! Actually that guy really is handsome! I am not kidding you! I really do think that!

I was laughing until I saw his photo.
He is a hunky gorilla.
"Come hither hoomans, for I am the fabio of all Gorillas. "
Someone put a long blond wig on him quick! Lulz

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Little Dead Soldier
Nyadriel

I was laughing until I saw his photo.
He is a hunky gorilla.
"Come hither hoomans, for I am the fabio of all Gorillas. "
Someone put a long blond wig on him quick! Lulz

Well gosh! That made me laugh hard! rofl

Feral Fairy

14,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

It's his eyes. There's something profound in them...

As for Japan, little wonder their native ethnic population is on the decline, what with guys being more interested in their virtual girlfriends, which they carry around in portable devices and the women being interested in... a gorilla. sweatdrop

User Image

Agreed. I don't see anything attractive about the animal, however his eyes do seem to hold a lot of emotion in them. They're learning. Hide the statue of liberty and Charlton Heston.

Friendly Explorer

It's a pretty majestic looking gorilla... but HUNKY? That's nuts. rofl

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
I prefer slimmer primates myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff