Dapper Ladykiller

tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling

That's the one I did!!!! hahaha.

Im actually on a high protein diet- I have hypoglycemia so my doctor told me instead of focusing on lowering sugars, focus on upping protein (essentially the same process.. but a different way of thinking) I have a pretty reasonable diet regimen already- Im just one of those lucky people that gain weight if I eat 1600 calories a day rolleyes Also, Its been four days since my last beer! Small victories all around

did it totally kick your butt like it did mine???

i eat a lot of protein and also happen to have hypoglycemia too. i like how protein is much more of an appetite suppressant but you still get the required nutrients.

i gain like crazy, and i'm on a new birth control that only accelerates that, but i dont want to switch because every other con of my other birth controls is gone apart from the weight gain. it sucks but at least im healthy and that's really what matters.

also congratulations!!!! biggrin

We are one in the same!! This is the only birth control Ive ever been on that my period lasts less than a week.. but I noticed I gained 10lbs right off the bat. The next 10lbs were of my own accord haha.

Yesterday I had a cheat day.. Im doing my best not to feel guilty about it and Im not too bloated. If I eat at home I have an A+ diet but as soon as I go out to eat Im a little pig emotion_donotwant

dude my period just lasted 2-4 days??? and i totally went from 140 to 155 in like no time at all. ???? (maybe some of that is muscle though because ive been strength training like a mofo, either way im like wow why this gonk )

yeah dude at home im better, but when i go to work im the most awful. i work at starbucks. so enabling :/
but i didnt eat a single starbucks thing today save for having an iced americano, so i count that as a win emotion_brofist

2-4 days?? I was so stressed this month I started early (the first time its happened in 7 or 8 months) and Im already a week in. A week and a half to go.. yay me.

At least at starbucks you have healthy options! Ive tried those little bacon-egg-muffin things. I dont remember exactly how many calories but I remember it only being like 300. That and a black coffee, you aren't doing yourself too badly at all.

At work we just opened up a new site so OF COURSE we had free BBQ for lunch and champage at 4 to toast the new building. 6 hours later and I am still soooooo bloated Im skipping dinner X(.

yeah like on my other birth control my period lasted two weeks with only a week of rest in between which was NOT healthy and i was taking it as per normal, and im finally having normal spotting thank god.

oh no dude, we are not as healthy as people think.
i know whats in everything.
thats the issue gonk

yeah dude i just had a huge awesome salad with tofu, chickpeas, and greek dressing. it was lovely and im not hungry which is nice.

So I actually went to college for food science and minored in nutrition- my favorite nutrition professor would say "everything in moderation, including moderation." This woman was in her 60s, and she was a buff 140lbs at 5ft 7, and she would walk in to class with a diet coke at least once a week. I think the take home message is that even if something is super-not-good for you, one won't kill ya wink

I miss being in college and walking 4-5 miles a day. I maintained 120lbs until I was like 20 crying

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hi, I'm Jess, I'm...sort of on a weight loss journey, but I'm doing my own thing now. I have a barre class tomorrow morning, then I'm going grocery shopping. smile How are you?

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling

We are one in the same!! This is the only birth control Ive ever been on that my period lasts less than a week.. but I noticed I gained 10lbs right off the bat. The next 10lbs were of my own accord haha.

Yesterday I had a cheat day.. Im doing my best not to feel guilty about it and Im not too bloated. If I eat at home I have an A+ diet but as soon as I go out to eat Im a little pig emotion_donotwant

dude my period just lasted 2-4 days??? and i totally went from 140 to 155 in like no time at all. ???? (maybe some of that is muscle though because ive been strength training like a mofo, either way im like wow why this gonk )

yeah dude at home im better, but when i go to work im the most awful. i work at starbucks. so enabling :/
but i didnt eat a single starbucks thing today save for having an iced americano, so i count that as a win emotion_brofist

2-4 days?? I was so stressed this month I started early (the first time its happened in 7 or 8 months) and Im already a week in. A week and a half to go.. yay me.

At least at starbucks you have healthy options! Ive tried those little bacon-egg-muffin things. I dont remember exactly how many calories but I remember it only being like 300. That and a black coffee, you aren't doing yourself too badly at all.

At work we just opened up a new site so OF COURSE we had free BBQ for lunch and champage at 4 to toast the new building. 6 hours later and I am still soooooo bloated Im skipping dinner X(.

yeah like on my other birth control my period lasted two weeks with only a week of rest in between which was NOT healthy and i was taking it as per normal, and im finally having normal spotting thank god.

thats the issue gonk

yeah dude i just had a huge awesome salad with tofu, chickpeas, and greek dressing. it was lovely and im not hungry which is nice.

So I actually went to college for food science and minored in nutrition- my favorite nutrition professor would say "everything in moderation, including moderation." This woman was in her 60s, and she was a buff 140lbs at 5ft 7, and she would walk in to class with a diet coke at least once a week. I think the take home message is that even if something is super-not-good for you, one won't kill ya wink

I miss being in college and walking 4-5 miles a day. I maintained 120lbs until I was like 20 crying

I totally agree with this!
That being said, I also do just want to bring down my sugar intake to >24 grams a day and bring my dairy intake down too. Everything in moderation, I just have more of it than I want.

Dapper Ladykiller

tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling

thats the issue gonk

That being said, I also do just want to bring down my sugar intake to >24 grams a day and bring my dairy intake down too. Everything in moderation, I just have more of it than I want.

Id say that's a pretty reasonable goal! My dairy intake is nearly nonexistent, Im a little lactose intolerant and while its not super painful the bloating just makes me feel awful.

Well, I say non existent but I got free pizza yesterday wink Not when I cook for myself, at least

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Harlot Queen
Hi, I'm Jess, I'm...sort of on a weight loss journey, but I'm doing my own thing now. I have a barre class tomorrow morning, then I'm going grocery shopping. smile How are you?

Hey jess! How was your barre class? smile
Weight loss journeys can be good if you look at them as fun and not an excruciating thing, especially if you do them the right way and for the right reasons.
What is your journey looking like? Do you have any goals or guidelines you're giving yourself? smile

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling
tumblr queen
Zuska Darling

thats the issue gonk

Id say that's a pretty reasonable goal! My dairy intake is nearly nonexistent, Im a little lactose intolerant and while its not super painful the bloating just makes me feel awful.

Well, I say non existent but I got free pizza yesterday wink Not when I cook for myself, at least

When I cook myself I try not to put anything of the sort in it. I only find it tough when my friends want to go out and their metabolisms never remind them that a huge burrito is going to impact them in any way
I'm forever trying to find a really good routine, and I'm excited to eventually have a more stable career down the road. Shifts everywhere, like what I have right now, make planning meals and exercise so damn difficult.

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
tumblr queen
Harlot Queen

Weight loss journeys can be good if you look at them as fun and not an excruciating thing, especially if you do them the right way and for the right reasons.
What is your journey looking like? Do you have any goals or guidelines you're giving yourself? smile
It was pretty good, though not what I'd expected; I think there are two different instructors depending on the time of day, and they have different methods.
I think I'm either
A) I'm permanently bloated, and I'm trying to watch what I eat a little more. I'm not sure if carbs are giving me issues
B) I gained a centimeter of fat (or muscle?) around my waist. I went from ~60 cm to ~61 cm. It's kinda bothering me, b/c I had decent abdominal definition. Other than, it had been moving slowly but surely. For me it's a lifestyle change, so I'm less likely to yoyo when I finally reach my goal. smile

My goal is another story. My goal measurements are ~80 (can't really control this, but I'd like to not lose any more from my bust), ~57/56, and ~84, though I'd settle for 86. 3nodding I also want to get rid of my inner thigh fat, but the other measurements are more important. Right now I'm like, ~80, 61, and 88.

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Harlot Queen
tumblr queen
Harlot Queen

It was pretty good, though not what I'd expected; I think there are two different instructors depending on the time of day, and they have different methods.
I think I'm either
A) I'm permanently bloated, and I'm trying to watch what I eat a little more. I'm not sure if carbs are giving me issues
B) I gained a centimeter of fat (or muscle?) around my waist. I went from ~60 cm to ~61 cm. It's kinda bothering me, b/c I had decent abdominal definition. Other than, it had been moving slowly but surely. For me it's a lifestyle change, so I'm less likely to yoyo when I finally reach my goal. smile

My goal is another story. My goal measurements are ~80 (can't really control this, but I'd like to not lose any more from my bust), ~57/56, and ~84, though I'd settle for 86. 3nodding I also want to get rid of my inner thigh fat, but the other measurements are more important. Right now I'm like, ~80, 61, and 88.

thats really awesome, i'm super excited for you!
i am bloated a lot too, which is kind of upsetting. found out it was my new birth control but i'm not going to ditch it because the ONLY side effect seems to be weight gain.
is there any medication you might be on with a possible bloating side effect? that might be it. 3nodding

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I used to be on birth control, and I exprienced weight gain as a side effect, which is why I hated it. sad I try not to take it unless I actually need it for...well, birth control. I'm not currently on it though; bloating generally occurs around the same time each night, and I've narrowed it down to (likely) eating too fast. Seltzer might play a role as well, tbh. Unfortunately, this was not merely bloat. I actually weigh more than before, and this centimeter is sticking to me.

I'm scared I'm either eating too much, or exercising too little, and I really don't eat a whole lot as it is. Plus, I can't afford to devote time to exercise every day. Walking is one thing, but crunches and stretching are time consuming. emo

Hopefully all is well with you. smile

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Harlot Queen
I used to be on birth control, and I exprienced weight gain as a side effect, which is why I hated it. sad I try not to take it unless I actually need it for...well, birth control. I'm not currently on it though; bloating generally occurs around the same time each night, and I've narrowed it down to (likely) eating too fast. Seltzer might play a role as well, tbh. Unfortunately, this was not merely bloat. I actually weigh more than before, and this centimeter is sticking to me.

I'm scared I'm either eating too much, or exercising too little, and I really don't eat a whole lot as it is. Plus, I can't afford to devote time to exercise every day. Walking is one thing, but crunches and stretching are time consuming. emo

sorry i took so long to respond to this!!

yeah this unfortunately is the only birth control i had that didnt have a lot of side effects, this being pretty much the only one.
i need it because my periods are debilitating. i miss school, im in excruciating pain, the works. sad

i really hope you can find a happy balance with exercise and nutrition! if you dont eat a lot, maybe your body is like 'oh no, must store everything!!', could that be it?

Dapper Ladykiller

Hey how has it been? Seeing any results?

Jeff Kaplan's Princess

Shirtless Lunatic

Zuska Darling

hey! it's been okay, struggling more with food than exercise but im trying to find a happy medium biggrin
i think today i began to see some progress (it makes sense, I'm almost at 4 weeks!) and i didn't totally hate myself. also im sick, not sure if that's the culprit for my appetite decrease.
how about you, zuska? how's everything?

Dapper Ladykiller

tumblr queen
Zuska Darling

hey! it's been okay, struggling more with food than exercise but im trying to find a happy medium biggrin
i think today i began to see some progress (it makes sense, I'm almost at 4 weeks!) and i didn't totally hate myself. also im sick, not sure if that's the culprit for my appetite decrease.
how about you, zuska? how's everything?

Im super good with my diet if Im alone! So weeks Im celebrating with friends I struggle a lot, but this week was really good for me! Next week is the 4th July and a concert Ive been waiting for for months so that will be hard again.
I dont really see any visual results or the fit in my jeans, but the scale says Im steadily losing a few ounces here and there! My next official weigh-in is Monday- Im trying to do it weekly

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
tumblr queen
Harlot Queen

sorry i took so long to respond to this!!

yeah this unfortunately is the only birth control i had that didnt have a lot of side effects, this being pretty much the only one.
i need it because my periods are debilitating. i miss school, im in excruciating pain, the works. sad

i really hope you can find a happy balance with exercise and nutrition! if you dont eat a lot, maybe your body is like 'oh no, must store everything!!', could that be it?

It's ok, I'm not monitoring Gaia everyday either. Heheh, I hope it works out for me too. I've sort of discovered that aside from carbonated drinks, I eat too fast, and that's caused most of my bloating.
Now that it's summer I'll have to make more time, especially to prepare for my hawaii trip. wink
I'm trying to fix my diet right... but of course, it's totally possible that my body is insisting on storing. Unfortunately, that means my only option is to work out now. I could probably cut back on sweets too.

On a more positive note, I think abercrombie kids may have altered their sizing, so now I can buy their kids stuff. Tis good, b/c it's cheaper than the adult brand, and designed for shorter people. xd

Feel better soon. 3nodding
Wow, this thread seems like a great idea. I think I'll subscribe and periodically come back for motivation. I need it lmao

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff