Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bucktoothed Genius

So, I am a young adult, who still needs to learn how to make food, though I don't really know if I trust the recipes that linger on recipe websites, so I turn to a community that is lively, for the most part, for advice. I am looking for meals that I can make with or without the assistance of my mother, as I do see myself as a perfectionist and like to triple check and ask my mom if I am doing it correctly (all that unnecessary details). This is not limited to just entrees or something. I am looking for any healthy recipes you lovelies have to offer. Mind you I do eat meat, but I am open to non-meat meals and recipes. Thank you in advanced.

Feline Member

A pretty simple, and delicious, salad that you can do is a Caprese Salad.

What you need:
Tomato, one or two is good
Mozzeralla Cheese
Basil
Balsamic Vinegrette

Just slice the tomatoes, either thickly or thin however you prefer, then place a slice of mozerella cheese on top of each slice of tomato. Finish it off with some basil on top, and drizzle on the Balsamic Vinegrette.

Hope you like it! smile

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
You can do so much with chicken breasts. Here's one of my favorites.

You'll need:
Chicken breast
Spinach
Mushrooms
Light butter
Lemon pepper seasoning
Low fat cheese of your choice (I like mozerella)

Season the chicken with lemon pepper, then grill (or bake in the oven) the chicken breast. Preheat oven to 350 and cook for about 20-30 minutes. I flip them about at about 10-15 minutes and then add the cheese. They taste way better when grilled, though.

Put some butter in a skillet at low heat, then add the mushrooms until they're a little bit soft, then throw in the spinach and mix it up.

Take out the chicken and top it with the sauteed mushrooms and spinach. Serve with wild or brown rice and a fruit.

Dapper Ladykiller

My favorite fast-easy-cheap meal to make when I was in college was egg scrambles! For every meal hahhaa. For breakfast you can scramble eggs with some chopped bacon and peppers, or for dinner Id mix it with mushrooms and spinach and shove it in a (whole grain) pita.

Either that, or rice and beans. Throw rice in a pot with half the water it says on the bag, and half coconut milk. Add in a can of kidney beans, some Cajun seasoning (paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic) and wait for it to cook! Sometimes I slice onions and peppers and throw it in with the whole thing
Wow, so late. But, there's a website that I use frequently for cooking especially when I started out. It's called FoodGawker, it even comes with an app for your phone, but I'd suggest just loading the site. It categorizes recipes by whats in it, has vegan/vegatarian options, gluten free, etc etc. I end up using this most of the time for my recipes, as all of them come with step by step directions.

9,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
If you love spinach then this recipe is for you. Link: Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups

And don't worry about not trusting this recipe, I've tried it and it was delicious. All the instructions & ingredients are there on the site.

I put my own twist on it though and added mushrooms & onion to the sauce. This recipe goes great with garlic bread too if you'd like. LMK if you ever try it! emotion_c8

Magical Shapeshifter

I just started cooking, but I absolutely love it. If you want to take a break from healthy, I have an easy recipe for you! Get some Ghirardelli chocolate wafers. You find it in the baking and candy making section of Kroger. Follow the directions on the back to melt the chocolate in your microwave, then proceed to dip whatever you want in it: pretzels, strawberries, popcorn, you can dip literally anything. Its so good (:

Chicken breasts and salmon aren't hard to make. You want to get thermometer to make sure its fully cooked though. On the back of the package of the thermometer you purchase will tell you the temperature the meat should be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff