Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
I have been a member on here since 2007-2008 and I remember when I uses to be able to go to Barton Town hit refresh and there would be so many new topics up to post into. Now the forum, and the site as a whole just seems like a shell of its former self.

Did we all just grow up and move on to different things? Was GaiaOnline just a fad for our teenage years?

If there are people that are out there that still roleplay what other websites are out there more popular than this?

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
I feel like it might be 'cause of guilds taking over the prospect?

I 'unno.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
A lot of people get bored and move on. A lot of people have been turned away by how the current owners have gone about monetizing the site. Gaia seems to be dying a slow death, and the people in charge do not care so long as there's still some cash trickling in.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Turako

i take my rp needs to Tumblr.

Shameless Sex Symbol

16,340 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I rp on IMs now. No pg-13 restriction, faster replies, it's always with me on my phone, and more private.

Shameless Man-Lover

I started going to Omegle and emails to roleplay. Faster replies, right then when I want it, no actual responsibility to reply.
I agree and would also like to know where all the Rps are. I wonder on and off the site, and try to get my fix at a table top when I can, but would like to find a more steady supply of good Online Rping.

Suggestions?

Dapper Reveler

I don't see why gaia couldn't be a fad of the younger generations teenage years if thats the case.

Garbage

I haven't roleplayed in Barton in years, but last time people whining about Barton came to ED, a lot of it was about how there were "too many rules" per RP and "the same thing over and over again" and whatnot. So, maybe that's still a factor?

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
A lot of the older Gaians have moved on to more age appropriate forums like Reddit.

I only check in here every couple of weeks now and post even rarer than that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff