Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you consider yourself an active Gaian?

I'm here every day! Of course I'm active! 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
I'm not here every day, but I am an active member. 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
I log on fairly often, but I wouldn't call myself active. 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
I'm not really active. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Sometimes I forget I have an account on this site. 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 >

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
I am a fairly old member of Gaia, and I used to have a lot of very active friends. This isn't true any more, so I thought that in order to get some use out of my account, I should try and meet some new people.
I'm also running an avatar contest in a guild that I'm part of, but it's not a very active guild. Which I guess would mean that a new member would have a decent chance of winning.
Gods, this sounds like some sort of scam. But the contest is free to enter, and I'm very fond of the guild.

Failing that, tell me a bit about yourself and the friends you've made or lost on Gaia.

11,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Super Transform

A handful of my friends are still hanging on, mostly better than I am.
Guilds are pretty much dead and abandoned as a feature.
While avatar contests are a fad of the past, it's nice to see one every now and then.
Though with tektek gone and the arenas woefully under-kept, there isn't much initiative to create for an occasion.
It's hard to keep up with prizes that are both adjusted to the economy and appealing to participants.

Phantom

after someone framed me and got banned i have no more friends

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Invoken
While avatar contests are a fad of the past, it's nice to see one every now and then.
Though with tektek gone and the arenas woefully under-kept, there isn't much initiative to create for an occasion.
It's hard to keep up with prizes that are both adjusted to the economy and appealing to participants.

Goodness, I do feel a bit of an old fossil. I didn't even realize that tektek was gone. I haven't been very active for over a year, and it looks as if quite a bit has changed.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
KaIista
They got banned for framing you? What were they framing you for?
Only like 4 of my friends are still on here. 2 of them are hardly active and I'm pretty sure the other gave away his stuff and quit yesterday.

Devoted Waffles

9,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
i don't give a s**t about my old friends anymore. they're gone now
as for now its very hard making friends here

Phantom

Kittywitch
KaIista
They got banned for framing you? What were they framing you for?

no i got banned because they got on my account and traded me alot of their items so they could get their items plus more cuz when you get hacked gaia gives you items back, or maybe not anymroe but yeah

Super Transform

Kittywitch
Invoken

Goodness, I do feel a bit of an old fossil. I didn't even realize that tektek was gone. I haven't been very active for over a year, and it looks as if quite a bit has changed.

It's not as different as it sounds~ Tektek only went down last month. There are still threads floating around the SF if you want to investigate. Short version: the user who created and maintained the site created his own avatar website several months ago. When Gaia found out he was using ad space on tektek to advertise a rival site, they flipped a b***h and sent a cease and desist on the grounds that tektek was using Gaia's intellectual property, and trafficking its users to the other site via the ads. They were both wrong, and right, it's just a messy situation all around.

The CB is still as nonsensical as ever.
The RPers are still hiding in their respective places.
The oldbies come and go just to see what's new and what else has broken.

Same old, same old. :3

Consumer

aw yeah, all of my friends from years and years ago have left.
I probably will too when life gets too busy.

Toxic Kitten

12,550 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100

I've been a member of Gaia since November of 2004.
    I used to have a bunch of super active friends on here.
    I'd log on to have a fair number of PM's to reply to.
    Now-a-days I've only got one or two friends that come on here.
    I don't even post that often, I'm just super bored tonight and procrastinating something that I know will cause pain.

I miss most of my old Gaian friends.

&&Ilu<3

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
School Related
Only like 4 of my friends are still on here. 2 of them are hardly active and I'm pretty sure the other gave away his stuff and quit yesterday.
I'm in a very similar situation. I think it's largely because most of the people I was friends with were in high school, and after going to college they didn't have the time to log on any more.
I'm twenty-seven, by the way. I hope that doesn't make anyone uncomfortable.
Kittywitch
School Related
I'm in a very similar situation. I think it's largely because most of the people I was friends with were in high school, and after going to college they didn't have the time to log on any more.
I'm twenty-seven, by the way. I hope that doesn't make anyone uncomfortable.

No. I know how you feel honestly. When I started college I completely fell out of touch with all of my close friends from high school. Most of them I've known since elementary school but now I couldn't even tell you what they look like or what they've been up to.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Contrary - Agreement

I've been a member of Gaia since November of 2004.
    I used to have a bunch of super active friends on here.
    I'd log on to have a fair number of PM's to reply to.
    Now-a-days I've only got one or two friends that come on here.
    I don't even post that often, I'm just super bored tonight and procrastinating something that I know will cause pain.

I miss most of my old Gaian friends.

&&Ilu<3
I'm in the same boat. And I think the boat might be sinking. eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out