Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Kitten

I've been feeling like playing a mystery game lately, but I feel like I already played quite a bit of them.
I've played all the phoenix wright games, dangan ronpa 1&2, sherlock holmes crime and punishment, trauma center: trauma team, and probably more but can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Can you guys think of anymore murder mystery solving games?
If you're into either murder mystery or horror games, you can't go wrong with playing Deadly Premonition.

It's on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. However, only the PS3 and the PC have "The Director's Cut" edition which also happens to be your best bet for the full experience.
One that might fly under the radar of mystery solving games is
The Wolf Among us.

A lot of people forget that the main driving force is the need to discover who's killing the girls.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Alien Worshipper

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Not /that/ great but it's interesting because you're trying to solve your own murder as a ghost.

Beloved Friend

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
Diabolical Indulgence

Not /that/ great but it's interesting because you're trying to solve your own murder as a ghost.

Second this one. It was enjoyable for me.

Nostalgic Otaku

"Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward" and its prequel "999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" are legit mystery games.

I'd also suggest "Hotel Dusk: Room 215". I can't say anything about its sequel though. Can't think of anything else that I've played that you haven't yet though.

7,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A Brilliant Loser
I'd also suggest "Hotel Dusk: Room 215". I can't say anything about its sequel though. Can't think of anything else that I've played that you haven't yet though.

Last Window is pretty sweet but I wouldn't really recommend playing it without doing Hotel Dusk first. It just gives you an understanding of the kind of man that Kyle Hyde is.
I enjoyed LA Noire.

Sparkly Kitten

Akaru Renuji
If you're into either murder mystery or horror games, you can't go wrong with playing Deadly Premonition.

It's on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. However, only the PS3 and the PC have "The Director's Cut" edition which also happens to be your best bet for the full experience.
I don't like horror/survival games much because I'm such a big chicken.
I looked up the game, and it looks like it's a game where u either love it or hate it.
Making the character eat/sleep and items/car breakdown and fix sounds super annoying.

But honestly, if the actual murder mystery plot is good, I may just have to suck it up.
I'm such a sucker for murder mysteries. rofl

Thank u for the recommendation.
Also, sweet avy. ;D

Sparkly Kitten

Tabasco Jones
One that might fly under the radar of mystery solving games is
The Wolf Among us.

A lot of people forget that the main driving force is the need to discover who's killing the girls.
Oh, it's a lot like the Walking Dead, it says.
I love those kind of games where your decisions affect the outcomes of situations.

Thanks for the recommendation. 3nodding

Sparkly Kitten

IcyDeath777
Diabolical Indulgence

Second this one. It was enjoyable for me.
Read a bit about it, and it sounds cool that you get to do ghostly things such as possess people.
Solving ur own murder mystery sounds different, I haven't played many games like that.

Reviews criticize its short length, poor combat, and lack of replay and difficulty.
But honestly, I'm in it for the murder mystery. Combat isn't that important to me.
And pretty much all puzzle games have poor replay value, since u already know the answer when u play again.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. 3nodding

Sparkly Kitten

A Brilliant Loser
"Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward" and its prequel "999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" are legit mystery games.

Wow! Three murder mysteries that I haven't heard of, and they all look so interesting!

A murder mystery game with multiple different endings! Usually they only have one ending. ahaha
I like those games where you have morality and good/bad choices too, so Zero Escape looks super fun.

Thanks for the recommendation. 3nodding

Demonic Duck

16,250 Points
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Still Life was really good, at least in my opinion, it has been a long time since I played it though, so I can't remember exactly what happens, but it is a point and click adventure. But it also jumps between modern day and Prague in 1930's, it seems to tie in with the main character, and to be fair I think I may go back and play it! emotion_c8
I know there is a 2nd one too, but I haven't really played that enough to make a decision on how well the latter one is, all I know is that the first one is only out for PC and Xbox, the original one at least!
PS2/PS3 - Persona 4
PS VITA - Persona 4 Golden

smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out