Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
never mind guys. i gave up on it. i just couldn't get through it.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I really really loved The Black Prism but I agree with everything you've said slows it down for you. Kip's lack of character and the jumping around and the slow-moving plot would've bored me to tears if I hadn't taken it on holiday with me.

I think the key to these books is to sit down when you've got a few free days and just force yourself through it (this is what I'll be doing with #3 over Easter). They aren't easy books to read but they're definitely worth it for the wonderful personalities of Gavin and Karris and how frustrating Andross Guile gets in book 2. It's a fascinating world but it takes some getting used to.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
cre8ive_ovadose
I really really loved The Black Prism but I agree with everything you've said slows it down for you. Kip's lack of character and the jumping around and the slow-moving plot would've bored me to tears if I hadn't taken it on holiday with me.

I think the key to these books is to sit down when you've got a few free days and just force yourself through it (this is what I'll be doing with #3 over Easter). They aren't easy books to read but they're definitely worth it for the wonderful personalities of Gavin and Karris and how frustrating Andross Guile gets in book 2. It's a fascinating world but it takes some getting used to.

so it is worth it? cuz i am issues getting even close to where i got the first time i tried it. i jsut read them during my breaks at work. should i bring it home an d read for longer than half an hour?

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
lividdarkangel800
cre8ive_ovadose

so it is worth it? cuz i am issues getting even close to where i got the first time i tried it. i jsut read them during my breaks at work. should i bring it home an d read for longer than half an hour?

All books are worth reading because whether you enjoy it or not, at least now you know how you feel about it. I'd definitely try taking it home and giving it some less-divided attention. It's a great series despite its faults.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
cre8ive_ovadose
lividdarkangel800
cre8ive_ovadose

All books are worth reading because whether you enjoy it or not, at least now you know how you feel about it. I'd definitely try taking it home and giving it some less-divided attention. It's a great series despite its faults.

i disagree with you on that first statement, but i will bring it home and see if its better.
I am definitely a fan, the last one was weaker than the others in my opinion, but still very good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff