Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Friend

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
stare first Zomg now tektek what next towns? psh gaia your doing well to tick everyone off i never thought gaia was going money cow website sigh* i hope something good will happen but i doubt it.

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Sospel
Frankly this thread seems like a lot of complaining that something inconveniences you. Gaia was well within their rights, and Tektek has the option to stay open should they take down their Recolor.Me advertisements which is more than fair. If he chooses to close the site instead of removing the ads, there is no one to blame but himself. You can't wander over legal boundaries and not expect action to be taken.

Gaia did not give them the option to take the advertisement down, and honestly if I was in their position I wouldn't either. Gaia let Tektek leech off its userbase by using intellectual property that belonged to Gaia. The fact that Tektek even pushed it and put the ad up in the first place is disrespectful. Tektek shot itself in the foot on this one, the only reasonable reaction is to demand they remove everything related to Gaia at this point unfortunately.
I've said it before, Tektek only existed because Gaia allowed it to exist. Legally, Tektek shouldn't have existed.

And to everyone else can we please stop linking the ZOMG fiasco to the Tektek thing? These two are in no way related.

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Beau Bishop
Come to think of it... if they did this with tektek, doesn't it mean BetterGaia app is next? neutral

If they got rid of BG I'm seriously quitting.

Also my post to this thread.
Gaia can't handle a little competition it seems, screw tektek for wanting to make a living right? rolleyes This is dumb and I am very upset with Gaia. You know what would be a better solution or would have been...? Obviously tektek is a great thing and a lot of people love using it, what would have been great is if they hired him to implement it on gaia itself. But noooo why do that? I'm seriously outraged by this. Gaia isn't thinking they are probably going to lose some customers over this, is that really what they want? Do they REALLY want it to go down like this? (I'm not quitting but like I said if they got rid of BG then I am going to.) At least Tektek has respect. I'm honestly afraid to post this, but here I go!

Sparkly Genius

I really like how Gaia's staff alert only said stuff along the lines of "we're working with them on coming to an agreement so they won't have to be taken down."

You know, after sending them a cease and desist letter forcing them to remove the site.

Stay classy, Gaia.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Phoxa
Beau Bishop
Come to think of it... if they did this with tektek, doesn't it mean BetterGaia app is next? neutral

Gaia can't handle a little competition it seems, screw tektek for wanting to make a living right? rolleyes This is dumb and I am very upset with Gaia. You know what would be a better solution or would have been...? Obviously tektek is a great thing and a lot of people love using it, what would have been great is if they hired him to implement it on gaia itself. But noooo why do that? I'm seriously outraged by this. Gaia isn't thinking they are probably going to lose some customers over this, is that really what they want? Do they REALLY want it to go down like this? (I'm not quitting but like I said if they got rid of BG then I am going to.) At least Tektek has respect. I'm honestly afraid to post this, but here I go!

The point is not that Gaia doesn't want competition or have tektek make a living, is that tektek did shot itself in the foot using Gaia's image to promote the creators own site. They are not in the wrong to ask for it to be taken down, it's just how the real world works.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
But Tektek has advertised other avatar site son it before?

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Sinsario

It has and they we're cool with it, but the creators own avatar site no, with Gaia's image attach to it.

Spoopy Specter

Hassli
I just hope gaia has a plan to replace these resources.

I agree with this.

And though the resources it provided were nice, it is frustrating on what they did. Don't get me wrong, I do like tektek immensely, but ultimately they were in copyright infringement the entire time. Then what they did was:
1) Get their traffic from Gaia
2) Get that traffic to go to their competing site

Whether the mistake that Gaia and Tektek are related helped, I don't know. All I can say is based on personal experience, I used to think that the sites were related when I had first found out about it. However, stealing traffic is beyond rude.

Their intentions to make a separate site due to the owner's disagreeing with how Gaia was being run was made a long time ago, so this had been in the making for sometime. I hope Tekton's site does well and I really hope Gaia makes a similar resource available to us.

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Beau Bishop

NOOOOOO! Don't give them ideas sweatdrop

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Druddigon
Sinsario

It has and they we're cool with it, but the creators own avatar site no, with Gaia's image attach to it.

Did it use specifically Gaia things on the advertisement?
Because then I don't understand why other people's sites are okay but not his own.

Sarcastic Bookworm

It's been awhile since I made an avatar on Tektek, I always lost interest halfway because of how many items there were but atleast I could use it to look up certain poses in items since...It's unlikely I'll find them via the market place with their haphazard tagging.
You forgot to mention all the profiles it had...It's been awhile so I was surprised to see that they weren't there along with the "calculate your worth" it put my items in order of worth and made it easier to sell them.

Spoopy Specter

Bunnie_Tsukino
stare first Zomg now tektek what next towns? psh gaia your doing well to tick everyone off i never thought gaia was going money cow website sigh* i hope something good will happen but i doubt it.

Tektek isn't owned by Gaia. Gaia receives none of their profits.

Protective Trash

Looking at the facts, gotta side with Gaia on this, as inconvenient as it is to not have TekTek right now. Hopefully they'll reach an agreement soon.

Sarcastic Bookworm

Sinsario

Yeah, it showed while the dream avatar thing was loading.

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Druddigon
Phoxa
Beau Bishop

The point is not that Gaia doesn't want competition or have tektek make a living, is that tektek did shot itself in the foot using Gaia's image to promote the creators own site. They are not in the wrong to ask for it to be taken down, it's just how the real world works.

If they hired him in the first place maybe he wouldn't have had to make his own site or wanted to. Many companies have competition, the companies just choose to try and make their products/sites better. And like I said Obviously a lot of people loved using tektek something that Gaia does not have on their site, which if the stuff on tektek was put on Gaia it would make the site better, am I wrong? I guess it's fair to Gaia but it's unfair to the community who uses tektek, if that makes sense? /:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff