Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Akai Papillon
Katieblueeyes

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have put in more items. I have expressed my disappointment in the size of the RIG. I'm saying that people shouldn't be calling the items themselves bad or s**t on the basis of them not being worth a lot of gold. The gold value of an item doesn't make the pixeling or the shading worse, it just changes how common the item is. I'm not implying that how the gate was executed in terms of item pool vs availability or in terms of vending wasn't/isn't disappointing, I am only giving my opinion that the visual quality and usefulness of the items shouldn't be demeaned just because they happen to be worth less gold.

I actually think that the visual quality and usefulness of the new items in this rig is not very good.
There are only 5 new items, one of which has 2 recolors (the astra).
Of those 5, only one is a fairly decent item, the rest are of questionable quality.
Out of all 5 new items, 3 of them only have one pose, and 1 has two poses.

I don't know whether to feel insulted that Gaia thinks it's okay to palm off this kind of thing on us, or sad that most of us are just accepting this kind of treatment as okay.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland
Why the f can we not unpack our gates yet?
I'm getting real impatient =/

I think they spent more time on the Trash option instead of the problem at hand.

I'm not sure, but hopefully it might be fixed tomorrow afternoon. Unless they're going the slow method. Singles today, five-packs tomorrow, ten-packs the day after... etcetera.
It's honestly a bit frustrating. We had more luck with the disabled inventory.

Yeah.
I spent all my gold donating to that kickstarter and i cant even get to my things.
I have to be patient, i know..

I get that, trust me. I spent a good chunk of my gold because I thought it'd be a cheaper way for me to get nice new items without "bargain hunting" on the marketplace (everything I want is upwards of billions now, for just one item. It's hardly worth it.). Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think I'd have rather just saved my gold instead. While I love the items, I don't love the wait.

Yes.
Lets form a "Waiting By The Gate" support group

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Stanford Condition

Completely agree with all the above. I don't know why people are so eager to have something now that in a week will be a complete waste of money. But to each their own. I've sold most of my stuff or gifted it away since most of it is not going to be worth much in the long run. but I'd like to thank all those eager beavers at the beginning of the release who have significantly increased my gaia bank account

I'm buying ice cream and dolls and bees and stuff. People keep going under the sellback price, so I'm taking the item and getting more money out of it. It's only a few thousand at a time, but every cent counts =P

I can't fault the eager beavers, either. I like profit, too. rofl

Huh, I hadn't even thought about the sellback price on these RIG items. I guess I was more focused on giving somebody an item they wanted for cheap.

I applaud you for thinking of profit as profit, no matter how great or small. (None of this "It's only worth XXX gold, so I'll just trash it" attitude.) Here's to profit! cool

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
AliceLoathesWonderland
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland
Why the f can we not unpack our gates yet?
I'm getting real impatient =/

I think they spent more time on the Trash option instead of the problem at hand.

I'm not sure, but hopefully it might be fixed tomorrow afternoon. Unless they're going the slow method. Singles today, five-packs tomorrow, ten-packs the day after... etcetera.
It's honestly a bit frustrating. We had more luck with the disabled inventory.

Yeah.
I spent all my gold donating to that kickstarter and i cant even get to my things.
I have to be patient, i know..

I get that, trust me. I spent a good chunk of my gold because I thought it'd be a cheaper way for me to get nice new items without "bargain hunting" on the marketplace (everything I want is upwards of billions now, for just one item. It's hardly worth it.). Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think I'd have rather just saved my gold instead. While I love the items, I don't love the wait.

Yes.
Lets form a "Waiting By The Gate" support group

Ooh, clever title.
Actually, that'd be a pretty good thread. We'd be able to hold plain conversation and updates and hopefulness and just find something to do during the wait so that we aren't wanting to scream out of pure frustration. Or, we are wanting to scream, but we can do that while having a nice distraction.

Jo Constantine's Partner

Colorful Technician

Reed Meroe
I can't fault the eager beavers, either. I like profit, too. rofl

Huh, I hadn't even thought about the sellback price on these RIG items. I guess I was more focused on giving somebody an item they wanted for cheap.

I applaud you for thinking of profit as profit, no matter how great or small. (None of this "It's only worth XXX gold, so I'll just trash it" attitude.) Here's to profit! cool
If I want to give them items for cheap, I dumpster dive. I threw in maybe 10 copies of each of the <100,000 pulls because why not? Now I'm just finding more cash out of it. Considering I generally have bugger all as far as gold is concerned (cos like I'm going to put money into pixels when for the price of 3 items I could go to the theatre instead), I like finding little ways of making gold. Don't think my account has ever held more than 20B at a time haha!

This kickstarter has been great for getting gold out of the system and letting people who have a bit of business sense find ways of making a bit of profit

fatal rebellion's Partner In Crime

Garbage Lover

Lazuli Kitten

Considering many of them were really just fulfilling the popular requests for icons from rigs and gold gens to be actual items, I can't say I'm disappointed in the new items though.
To be fair, I believe the first gate (I believe it was the first, at least) only had one new item of note too,
and most of the others were purely recolors/rereleases if memory serves correctly.
Since astras are typically only two poses and we did know what we were likely to get with the icon items, it fit right into my expectations (and even exceeded, since I didn't really expect new items at all).
I would have preferred the icon items be put in a mini-rig like the townie mood bubbles though, that is true.

Punny Skeleton

Lastodious Crowe
Linka Skyloft
User ImageDarkness becomes Light...

This sucks, I finally just broke and bought the two sunny adorkables that I need for my current avi in the mp.

...Light falls into Darkness
User Image

Sorry that you ended up having to buy on the MP - although, at least you have them now. Better than ending up with a bunch of Ice Cream and Flowers to fish out just one, though, right?

Your avatar looks fantastic! Absolutely adorable! - Or should I say, Adorkable. Lovely job putting it together!

Aw, why thank you! emotion_kirakira

I think your avi is precious, the eyes are my favorite part.

User Image

Magical Phantom

the items here are pretty cute. i got a kick out of the animated flowers because i have those things all over my house! whee
the stuff i liked best is the Nom Nom Growl, Noon Swamplands Circe and Prince of the Forest items.

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Linka Skyloft
Lastodious Crowe
Linka Skyloft

This sucks, I finally just broke and bought the two sunny adorkables that I need for my current avi in the mp.

User Image

Sorry that you ended up having to buy on the MP - although, at least you have them now. Better than ending up with a bunch of Ice Cream and Flowers to fish out just one, though, right?

Your avatar looks fantastic! Absolutely adorable! - Or should I say, Adorkable. Lovely job putting it together!

Aw, why thank you! emotion_kirakira

I think your avi is precious, the eyes are my favorite part.

User Image

Oh, thank you! I have such a fondness for these eyes. They're so expressive. But I was worried they didn't go as well with this avatar. It means a lot that you mentioned it!

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Lazuli Kitten
Akai Papillon
Katieblueeyes

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have put in more items. I have expressed my disappointment in the size of the RIG. I'm saying that people shouldn't be calling the items themselves bad or s**t on the basis of them not being worth a lot of gold. The gold value of an item doesn't make the pixeling or the shading worse, it just changes how common the item is. I'm not implying that how the gate was executed in terms of item pool vs availability or in terms of vending wasn't/isn't disappointing, I am only giving my opinion that the visual quality and usefulness of the items shouldn't be demeaned just because they happen to be worth less gold.

I actually think that the visual quality and usefulness of the new items in this rig is not very good.
There are only 5 new items, one of which has 2 recolors (the astra).
Of those 5, only one is a fairly decent item, the rest are of questionable quality.
Out of all 5 new items, 3 of them only have one pose, and 1 has two poses.

I don't know whether to feel insulted that Gaia thinks it's okay to palm off this kind of thing on us, or sad that most of us are just accepting this kind of treatment as okay.

I wish I could stack multiple of the flowers here and there on my avatar so I could make a lovely garden of them; even if it's just their still pose. Several of them could have been converted for the paw base too sad

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
lilloulou
I wish I could stack multiple of the flowers here and there on my avatar so I could make a lovely garden of them; even if it's just their still pose. Several of them could have been converted for the paw base too sad

There are several good nature type items that would make nice conversions to paws.
Fairy Grave and Tomb would be awesome.
Also paw versions of My Little Garden, Spring Nymph and Mana Seed would be nice too.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Dyssemia
Vupie
Kind of irritated I can't open my 10s or 25s yet. Almost not worth it any more =/ I'm just impatient and whiny though.

You're lucky though
I only

Just

got to open my singles, and everything else is sealed off.
Not to mention I only got ice-cream and three of the same doll ; w ;

But yes, whiny everyone is D :

Oh wow I thought they opened all of the singles and fives at once since I opened mine yesterday after the crash. I didnt get many dupes only one or two so I have most of the items minus the two I really really want xD of course. Hoping the unlock them all soon!

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Vupie
Dyssemia
Vupie
Kind of irritated I can't open my 10s or 25s yet. Almost not worth it any more =/ I'm just impatient and whiny though.

You're lucky though
I only

Just

got to open my singles, and everything else is sealed off.
Not to mention I only got ice-cream and three of the same doll ; w ;

But yes, whiny everyone is D :

Oh wow I thought they opened all of the singles and fives at once since I opened mine yesterday after the crash. I didnt get many dupes only one or two so I have most of the items minus the two I really really want xD of course. Hoping the unlock them all soon!

I saw the update in the first post that says the singles and 5-packs are open, but I was only able to open my singles.
My 5-packs are still locked as tight as ever, though I'm hoping they will open sometime tonight.

Moonlight Sailor

annnd I just broke down and bought the items I wanted. At least when these things so unseal sometime this century, I might have the possibility of gifts for the anon threads.

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
So that's truly it. And here I was actually happy to finally have a Kickstart where I was able to successfully achieve all of the personal tiers.

I feel like I got a booby prize for this...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff