Welcome to Gaia! ::

dawning_glory
blowfishABQ
dawning_glory
blowfishABQ

first, goddamn this was a serious effortpost, thanks dude

just seeing random people making the effort is actually helping a lot. i don't have a lot of "coping skills" really,.. i've been through the professional racket a few times, and it helped a little bit, but i dunno, i don't think going to rehab again would really make any difference besides keeping me away from drugs physically. the second i left i'd be in the same spot

i've been through it enough to know it's me that's got to make the change. that's just a b***h to figure out how

That's the thing, people care about you.
They don't even need to know you to care, because that's how people are
So even when you feel alone, just know that you're not.
Someone out there cares.

Coping skills are difficult to learn. We're not born with them by any means, and we rely on people who may not have these coping skills themselves to teach us.
As for professionals -- they are helpful sometimes, they are not helpful others.
If you find one that is not working for you, you are entitled to switch.
At the very least, however, you should be able to get a proper diagnosis, medical notes that will help you in the work place or at school, get you on medication should you need to be (not all meds work for everyone, but prescription meds lack the serious side effects of street drugs when they are not abused), and open up resources for short and long term care.

They say the average person will relapse/go to rehab seven times before it truly sticks with them
Ideally, it would work the first time, but be kind to yourself and recognize this isn't always the case
Addiction is a terrible thing, it is hard to deal with, it is terribly misunderstood and it is a disease.

Unfortunately, with your real life problems it is going to be you who will have to make the change.
This doesn't mean you need to do it alone. Find people in your life who will support you, friends, family, professionals
Talk to people who have information to offer on an educational level.

It is hard.
Some people are dealt a worse hand in life than others,
people often function differently on a cognitive level, as far as the amount of serotonin/dopamine we produce and even the development of certain parts of brain go.
People can have an addictive personality -- which is the kind of person who is more likely to lean toward addiction. I don't believe it has anything to do with personality, really, but describes the way in which addiction is hereditary in very poor wording.
Many people don't understand these things, which is where you find prejudice and condescending behaviours.

Just remember that it is a lack of understanding that causes people to behave this way, and many harsher judgments are just a shortcut for "I don't know"/"I don't understand"

Again, if you feel comfortable disclosing more information, feel free to message me
I may (not guaranteed) be able to give you a starting point, if you don't have one already

seven times? i do not have the patience for seven times

i do know plenty of people who've been to rehab though... maybe i'll try to find some people in the aa group i didn't piss off. and i do have some friends who use who'll hang around and not pressure me if i don't want to.

right now i'm whittling and listening to music. seems to be helping.

It's only an average, and average can be boosted up significantly by just one person who strays from the norm.
What I'm trying to say is just to be more forgiving of yourself.

That's a good start.
I would, however, recommend searching out people who are sober that may be a better influence/make it easier to remain sober yourself.

That is also a good start.
Things that can keep you busy/distract are a very good alternative.

thanks man

really, you've been a big help. i'm feelin pretty good today. worked out a lot and now i'm actually just freaking starving, i usually have a hard times in the afternoons so i'll probably take a long time eating and take a long shower and mess around on gaia with other people's problems for a while

whittling made my hands hurt like s**t though. gotta build up those callouses again
blowfishABQ

thanks man

really, you've been a big help. i'm feelin pretty good today. worked out a lot and now i'm actually just freaking starving, i usually have a hard times in the afternoons so i'll probably take a long time eating and take a long shower and mess around on gaia with other people's problems for a while

whittling made my hands hurt like s**t though. gotta build up those callouses again

I'm happy to help, and I'm glad you're having a better day today.

Again, feel free to message me if you ever want to talk.
And best of luck to you!

Chatty Smoker

Have you been to any NA meetings? Maybe you should try those and get a sponsor.
blowfishABQ
Stale Taste
It will permanently destroy your serotonin reserves.

like, the brain doesn't even make any more? damn, son

I would tell you more, but I really don't know much s**t about it except that it is one of those dirty drugs that ******** up your brain pretty good.

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
My fiancé did meth for years before we met. We are together now and have 2 amazing children. Recently we found out that he has serious health problems that has caught up to him from the use of crystal meth. He may not be around to see our children grow up past the ages of 7 &8. He regrets it so bad even though he was highly addicted and loved the high from it. This is when I tell people to really, look into your possible future you could build and see if its really worth it.
brunette_barbie_x0xo
Have you been to any NA meetings? Maybe you should try those and get a sponsor.

i went for a while and started selling meth to people at the meetings, so i ******** up pretty bad

i hated those meetings. some of the people were nice, but so many of them were self-righteous bitches
Stale Taste
blowfishABQ
Stale Taste
It will permanently destroy your serotonin reserves.

like, the brain doesn't even make any more? damn, son

I would tell you more, but I really don't know much s**t about it except that it is one of those dirty drugs that ******** up your brain pretty good.

maybe i'll hit up the google and see what i can find out
Inspirational ANON
My fiancé did meth for years before we met. We are together now and have 2 amazing children. Recently we found out that he has serious health problems that has caught up to him from the use of crystal meth. He may not be around to see our children grow up past the ages of 7 &8. He regrets it so bad even though he was highly addicted and loved the high from it. This is when I tell people to really, look into your possible future you could build and see if its really worth it.

wow

that blows. i mean, right now it's basically impossible for me to even think of a future beyond just existing but that's a hard thing to hear

you poor thing. those poor little kids.

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON

wow

that blows. i mean, right now it's basically impossible for me to even think of a future beyond just existing but that's a hard thing to hear

sad It is upsetting to us all. He always told himself hed never get married and just mess around and have fun. until he met me. He's 10 years older than me as well. Now he just regrets and apologizes to me and our little ones and tells them the importance of not making bad decisions or doing drugs.
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON

wow

sad It is upsetting to us all. He always told himself hed never get married and just mess around and have fun. until he met me. He's 10 years older than me as well. Now he just regrets and apologizes to me and our little ones and tells them the importance of not making bad decisions or doing drugs.

things that involve kids just kill me. refused to sell to someone once because they had a little kid

is it like, certain that he's gonna die? you said he "may" not be around... if he like, lives like jesus could he still make it?

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON

wow

things that involve kids just kill me. refused to sell to someone once because they had a little kid

is it like, certain that he's gonna die? you said he "may" not be around... if he like, lives like jesus could he still make it?
Its caused a lot of long term brain issues... most likely wont live more than a couple years we've been told. WE have a little one on the way as well. 2 little girls and another little girl due july 4. So its hard trying to picture myself as a single mom of three considering im only 21 going on 22. Hes going on 30 next month. Hes really worried about how ill take care of our little ones because I cant work most jobs because of health issues. Its just something we have to face because of a decision he made.
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON

wow

Its caused a lot of long term brain issues... most likely wont live more than a couple years we've been told. WE have a little one on the way as well. 2 little girls and another little girl due july 4. So its hard trying to picture myself as a single mom of three considering im only 21 going on 22. Hes going on 30 next month. Hes really worried about how ill take care of our little ones because I cant work most jobs because of health issues. Its just something we have to face because of a decision he made.

you're just a kid! jesus

i'm not exactly in a place to be giving advice, but you gotta make sure you take care of yourself too. stress can kill you just like anything else

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON
blowfishABQ
Inspirational ANON

wow

you're just a kid! jesus

i'm not exactly in a place to be giving advice, but you gotta make sure you take care of yourself too. stress can kill you just like anything else
Ive often heard that haha. We actually met through him saving my life as a bystander. Its a complicated story. but I feel like I need to take care of him somehow but I cant take care of his brain. That's why im super against Heroin and meth. I had a friend OD on heroin a couple years back.
Inspirational ANON

]Ive often heard that haha. We actually met through him saving my life as a bystander. Its a complicated story. but I feel like I need to take care of him somehow but I cant take care of his brain. That's why im super against Heroin and meth. I had a friend OD on heroin a couple years back.

so did i. it sucks. got me off heroin fast.

meth's been harder to shake. but talking about it helps i guess. nice to find people who don't just look down their nose at you and think you're a pathetic junkie

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
How about I tell you about my dad's GF.

She is 44-years-old, but lives like she is 90.

Her entire spine, both hips, and soon, more parts of her, are entirely made out of metal.

She cannot s**t without an enema.. Ever.

She cannot walk beyond going to the bathroom, and back.

She cannot eat anything, other than rice, yogurt, and sugary items, because it tossed her whole system out of whack.

She alienated herself from everyone, and anyone, that cared for her.. But my dad.

All her teeth are gone, and she needs dentures.

Everyday is misery, and suffering, for her.

She cannot keep herself awake to save her life. She is constantly crashing in and out of consciousness, without warning.

No one likes to be around her, and, in fact, most people hate her. Mainly because of her stealing from everyone, and causing issues/lies about people, putting them against one-another.. just so she won't be looked down on for using.

He sores left her with giant holes everywhere, and they will be there for life.

Her sight, hearing, memory, etc are all pretty much gone.

All because she wanted to do meth. Meth WILL ******** you up. I watched it happen for years. She put me through hell, and still does... But I know that she is also suffering a great deal, and life will NEVER be without pain, suffering, and will be entirely without comfort for the rest of her days.

I think those are all good reasons to not use it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff