Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Aside from the fact that you may possibly be banned for using Chrome app to auto-open every link on a page ("botting" ) just to get 1000 hearts in an hour, this is a pretty outlandish request to make on the average user.

I can recall an Easter a few years back where we had to find 500 eggs in 2 weeks, which was excruciating at the very least. Sure there are lots of NPC's posting, but that's still at the very least 200 hearts a day. It took me an entire night to get 200 hearts clicking and looking by hand. Not a lot of people have this kind of time to spend. I guess it's better than the xmas event when we would only get one snowflake every 4 hours, but at least we were playing games/attacking in the meantime.

This is just boring. It's just clicking links man. What about having a flash game where we scrub Liams abs for 25 hearts, or catching falling hearts while avoiding broken hearts (just switching the owls icon from the xmas game to hearts), or another matching game, or collecting hearts from the shops? You guys have the framework to make things interesting, you're just not bothering to use them.

For Easter, you could have the owl game again with EB and Diedrich heads floating down the screen. You could have various other games to find eggs, you could even hide them on the shops pages such as for caroling/ToT. But please have more variety than clicking links or finding a*****e egg 20x20 pixel images on pages. And if you do, PLEASE dont make the threshold so high. It's not "more fun" to have to scour the website for more links. It is fun to play games though.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

I only did this event for about half an hour, there is just nothing fun about it.
It's just spam words or bumps, click link, spam again.
Or just check a thread with all the links and click them all.
Which by the way I think should be against the rules, just clicking links and get some items is not an event.
Or use linky, but it seems against the rules? I didn't know that Gaia pls don't ban me I only did it once, I'm so sorry I didn't know :c.

Magic Fatcat

It was too easy to obtain the rewards for obtaining the hearts in my opinion, overall it was dead boring and I have no idea why I wasted my time clicking links. >> Well, besides the fact that I hoped the rewards could have been snazzy but no...it wasn't really.

Perfect Saint

I got more than a hundred in a few minutes thanks to those threads with links. I got the items I wanted. 1000 does seem tedious. I do think many older quests were more tedious like burning items to raise the Christmas spirit.
Um, actually, 1,000 hearts in five days isn't really an outlandish request??

I mean, I've logged over 6k hearts in three days? <A<'

and I'm not using any app because it's just clicking links??

Won't say it's not a bit boring but, yeah :T'

You were just in the wrong thread if it took you all night to get just 200, sorry :T

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It was boring, but with the link threads I could finish it in an evening at a leisurely pace. I'll take boring over impossible, like some events became (snowflakes anyone?).

Unstoppable Krampus

I got 1000+ just on the first day. It's a bit boring, but nowhere near impossible.

User Image

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's boring as hell and a lot of collecting, but totally doable. I set a CSS style with an add-on so I could tell which links I had already clicked, then went crazy manually clicking links in those link threads. Finished all 1k within a few hours.

I much prefer this easy and boring method. If the activity we had to do was more interesting than simple link clicking, it would still get boring eventually. It'd probably even become painful because there is so much more work that needs to be done.

Antaresia's Kouhai

Shy Hellhound

13,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
very snore bore
but also incredibly easy.
i got them within two days.
While yes, it is boring and tedious, it's really not that difficult or overall really time-consuming if you don't want it to be.

If you don't want to search through threads looking for NPC posts, or "cheat" by using the compilation threads, pick a few NPCs to post-stalk

Personally it took me about three hours to get the first hundred on two separate accounts semi-simultaneously* by post-stalking Diedrich and a couple other NPCs, and that was just after the event was launched so posting was going a lot slower and I was doing a lot of activation-listing and spreading that information through a few item lists, plus I added playing Switchem into the mix as well. Collecting the subsequent 400 (on one account at least, still need to do the other..) took me, all in all, maybe half an hour if that? (I would work at it for a few minutes, go browse forums for awhile, repeat) using a couple of the link threads

*for the sake of getting that information gathered and made available as quick as possible

Prodigal Shopper

17,950 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Party Member 100
I thought it seemed like a high number until I just checked the NPC posts and then it was just a tedious task of clicking links. It was just a boring event I did while watching TV.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I got a 1000 links in one hour thanks to those link threads. I just clicked every link one by one till it was done. I actually liked this event because it brought people together by making those link threads. I had a blast collecting the hearts and chatting and gifting people. I actually wished they had more items for the heart quest.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
So much clicking! crying

On the brightside, Gaia has given everyone 3 hours to grab those links, so it wasn't a bad deal.

Scavenging aside, the final prizes weren't bad. With people posting link dumps (of NPC links), it helps everyone heaps. So in this case hitting 1000 hearts isn't impossible at all. It took me around an hour-half (maybe) to gather 700.

Dangerous Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Marathon 300
"flash game where we scrub Liams abs for 25 hearts"
lol.

Divine Hellhound

There really wasn't much fun about it. I seriously just went into all the threads with heart links and collected them all.

I got 2000 hearts in about 4 hours because I was doing this on both my account, and my wife's for the rewards.

I didn't even freakin' post in any of the threads because there was literally no chatting or anything fun. You just... Collected hearts. (I did tip a lot of people as a thanks though for the heart links.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff