Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thread over. Transgender people proven to actually be trapped in the wrong body. See page 16 for details.

Garbage

Why is everyone always so hung on up trans people not being able to breed? People on ridiculously powerful anti-psychotics aren't supposed to breed either, but everyone's cool with trans people going on pills instead of cutting their bits off/out, as if that were the part that mattered most.

Because "no babies" sounds a whole lot better than "dead or permanently disabled/deformed babies."

Also you should maybe check that the trans person in question even wants babies in the first place, because otherwise, "no babies" is just gonna be the icing on the cake.
Jeff the Kitten
Transgendered people can have their genitals cut up and rearranged.

As a result of having their genitals cut up and rearranged, transgendered people do nerve damage to their genitals which

hinders sexual pleasure and sexual function. Their is also the psychological effect of no longer having a body part where

one used to be.

Another result of this procedure is infertility.

Transgendered people can inject cross sex hormones into their bodies.

As a result of injecting cross sex hormones into the body, transgendered people are made vulnerable to a number of side

effects along with some irreversible physiological changes like altered bone growth (depending on the age that they

undergo these treatments).

Prior to these operations, almost all transgendered people have bodies with normal bone growth, sex organs that sport a

full set of nerve endings, and a functioning reproductive system. Their are no side effects of letting normal puberty take

place in most cases.

Inversely:

Medications exist that can ease depression: either rational or clinical.

Medications exist that stunts sex drive and therefore can lessen stress related to sexual desires and/or identity.

There is an economic treasure trove the career fields of neurology and biotechnology.

With these things in mind:

It can be inferred that there are healthier options for transgendered people than sex change surgery and cross-sex hormone

therapy.

Remember:

Healthy, happy people are more productive and imaginative.

Why are we hurting these people?

You make it sound like we're denying people medications and economic treasure troves in only offering sex change surgery and cross-sex hormone therapy.

Feral Nymph

What, exactly, is a 'cross sex hormone'? Women produce testosterone and men produce estrogen naturally.
Pessimist
What, exactly, is a 'cross sex hormone'? Women produce testosterone and men produce estrogen naturally.
Don't you 'six of one, half dozen of the other" me, missy. Levels of male hormones in female bodies and vice versa are usually negligible in the puberty process of body molding that gives women their shape and vice versa.

Suppose you started HRT on a fifteen year old girl and her bones which were already partially developed to be female in nature suddenly have to start growing to be male in nature. This kind of thing isn't doing any favors to structural stability and bone density.

It's hard enough doing surgery on bones to make people taller. Don't expect flip flopping bone structure to be a picnic.

... + other side effects of the muscles, skin, nervous and circulatory systems that don't happen in naturally progressing people most of the time.
Lucky~9~Lives
Jeff the Kitten
Transgendered people can have their genitals cut up and rearranged.

As a result of having their genitals cut up and rearranged, transgendered people do nerve damage to their genitals which

hinders sexual pleasure and sexual function. Their is also the psychological effect of no longer having a body part where

one used to be.

Transgendered people can inject cross sex hormones into their bodies.

As a result of injecting cross sex hormones into the body, transgendered people are made vulnerable to a number of side

effects along with some irreversible physiological changes like altered bone growth (depending on the age that they

undergo these treatments).

Prior to these operations, almost all transgendered people have bodies with normal bone growth, sex organs that sport a

full set of nerve endings, and a functioning reproductive system. Their are no side effects of letting normal puberty take

place in most cases.

Inversely:

Medications exist that can ease depression: either rational or clinical.

Medications exist that stunts sex drive and therefore can lessen stress related to sexual desires and/or identity.

There is an economic treasure trove the career fields of neurology and biotechnology.

With these things in mind:

It can be inferred that there are healthier options for transgendered people than sex change surgery and cross-sex hormone

therapy.

Remember:

Healthy, happy people are more productive and imaginative.

Why are we hurting these people?

You make it sound like we're denying people medications and economic treasure troves in only offering sex change surgery and cross-sex hormone therapy.

That is the American Psychiatric Society standard for treatment. Sex change surgery, hormone replacement therapy, and transitional counseling. Don't believe me? DSM5.org
Cassidy Peterson
Why is everyone always so hung on up trans people not being able to breed? People on ridiculously powerful anti-psychotics aren't supposed to breed either, but everyone's cool with trans people going on pills instead of cutting their bits off/out, as if that were the part that mattered most.

Because "no babies" sounds a whole lot better than "dead or permanently disabled/deformed babies."

Also you should maybe check that the trans person in question even wants babies in the first place, because otherwise, "no babies" is just gonna be the icing on the cake.
I take Zoloft for clinical depression and I'm not at risk for having deformed babies because of it.

Additionally: There is a difference between choosing not to have babies and being made physically incapable of reversing that decision. You can always change anti-depressants and sexual repressors. Re-growing a functioning sex system is harder than rocket science.
Raptor Mechanic
Would you ******** a gay guy or a woman with a d**k?

Think of it like that.

And don't cop out, because then you're a little b***h.
I'm not convinced that has anything to do with the logic game I'm trying to play.
Tony Reagan Washington
You mean those mentally ill people I sometimes see?

Yes. And for the record, I don't think the term is blunt or dismissive even if you have a swastika for your siggy.

Garbage

Jeff the Kitten
I take Zoloft for clinical depression and I'm not at risk for having deformed babies because of it.

Additionally: There is a difference between choosing not to have babies and being made physically incapable of reversing that decision. You can always change anti-depressants and sexual repressors. Re-growing a functioning sex system is harder than rocket science.
I take Seroquel for bipolar/paranoia and have been told not to make babies until I've been off it for at least six months several weeks, can't recall exact time frame I was advised. Though I admit fault: I should have specified women on anti-psychotics, not just "people" on 'em.

Additionally: that's none of your business unless it's your intended co-parent getting their bits messed with. Yeah, there's people who regret getting sterilized. There are also people who regret not getting sterilized.

And what does "sexual repressors" have to do with not wanting kids? I'm gonna hump my husband's brains out when he gets home next week. That doesn't mean we're trying to make babies. Taking away my sex drive would have no impact on my desire to have or not have kids.
Tony Reagan Washington
Jeff the Kitten
Tony Reagan Washington
You mean those mentally ill people I sometimes see?

Yes. And for the record, I don't think the term is blunt or dismissive even if you have a swastika for your siggy.
That would be irrelevant anyways
Third degree of relation. If I'm trying to be logical I need to be as clinical as possible to keep the minds of the players focused on my argument.
Cassidy Peterson
Jeff the Kitten

I take Seroquel for bipolar/paranoia and have been told not to make babies until I've been off it for at least six months.

Additionally: that's none of your business unless it's your intended co-parent getting their bits messed with. Yeah, there's people who regret getting sterilized. There are also people who regret not getting sterilized.

And what does "sexual repressors" have to do with not wanting kids? I'm gonna hump my husband's brains out when he gets home next week. That doesn't mean we're trying to make babies. Taking away my sex drive would have no impact on my desire to have or not have kids.
I'm making a personal logical argument. You'd need to believe in a happy, healthy society to agree that people ought to be happy and healthy. I could tie in other aspects like a desire to live and how society can help you achieve that, but based on the fact that you believe in the social institute of marriage I'm going to assume that you do want to live in a healthy, happy society.

The sexual repressors wouldn't take away the ability to have kids. I concur. If a trans person who had been spared that permanent fate of genital mutilation and infertility wanted to have kids or vice versa they could easily do so with temporary infertility like birth control (now comes in male forms as well). The objective of the sex repressors was to slow down if not rid the mental anguish and desire for self harm that believing you are trapped in the wrong body does to transgendered people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff