• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
As a kid, I hated fighting Virages.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
gonna point out unfair bosses. not hard, in fact, a few below are relatively easy, just unfair.

initial capra demon in dark souls: its a trial and error boss fight. The moment you enter the doorway, two dogs and the demon come at you resulting in massive stun lock and health lost. This happens as you enter the fog, so you literally dont have a reaction time and if you happened to enter it from the incorrect side of the fog door, then prepare for massive stun lock. mages wont survive at all. the level itself is very small causing a need of pre-emptive knowledge to tackle this guy on an even playing field. he isnt that hard as once you know from which side to enter the fog door or how to react after entering (direction to dodge roll or guard up). without this pre-knowledge, you lose before the fight begins.

Final fantasy tactics advance: bosses about 75% through onwards. They are not hard at all but definitely do have a level of unfairness. A feature in this game is Law cards. Basically every stage has certain laws that, if broken, you will be punished and your party member may no longer be able to fight in the stage. Example, lets say there is a Law stating you cannot use black magic. yeah. you can't. but the enemy can. sure there is the animation notifying they broke the law, but they still get to continue the fight and spam black magic if they want. this creates strategic unfairness. It sounds great on paper to get a law card to enforce no magic in a battle to use against a mage heavy enemy, but this strategy falls to peices when the enemy uses it anyways with no consequence whilst you can't. having said that, most players probably won;t care as the bosses themselves ain't that hard vs your equally leveled and properly geared/skilled team.

freedom wars: There's a few here post 50% of the game where your mission is to defeat boss X but to get to boss X, you have to defeat boss A,B, C, sometimes even up to 7 others, under a time limit. this essentially means you lose via being out of time, not having the high enough level gear to dps fast, rather than being skilled. which is stupid for a game which is dependent on skill rather than levels as per rpgs. add to that, you get funneled into a certain way to fight rather than freely using the vast weapon styles and playing styles prevented just to make it so you finish the stage before the time ends. its a variant in padding the game, forcing the player to grind higher level dps weapons rather than practicing and learning the boss patterns/skills. a fight becomes based on numbers and dps charts rather than skill. One common "brick wall" is the mission where you had to kill the lightning bipedal. But you got to face waves of other bipedals to get it to spawn.

this is as much as I can remember for now
Usually when people complain about unfair bosses, they are usually fair and the person playing just sucks.

Demonic Star

10,100 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Timid 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The only one that comes to mind is Hazama. The second the battle starts, he summons some form of shield that surrounds him. Think attacking him head on might work? NO! Fight him head on and the shield will take away your health and Hazama will heal whatever damage you inflict.
I just used Breakthroughs and Effect Veillers. The AI is too stupid to react the right way.

Of course, I use Bujins to clear the game.

Kawaii Shoujo

Chameleon from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is one of the most least fun/fair bosses I have ever encountered... mainly because it's damn near impossible to find out where he's hiding exactly. In that particular battle he hides behind these 'curtains'( I guess you can call them that or a screen), anyhow you have to paraloop in order to find out where Chameleon is, and that's where it gets damn near impossible.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Name any raid boss in Borderlands 2.
Literally any non-main-story raid boss aside from the giant thresher maw, Pyro Pete, and MAYBE the Leviathan.

Most of them are bullshit without some extremely cheap weaponry or a very cheap place to stand where you can fight them but they can't fight you.

Hell, even the NORMAL BANDITS WITH WHITE LEVEL GUNS AND NO SHIELDS can take a fully-geared vault hunter's best shields down to nothing in no time flat, while taking several CLIPS of ammo to take down any group of 3 or more, when playing in UVHM or more...

It's just plain horrible scaling, that's what it is.
You either use cheap/broken builds/weapons, or have fun struggling through FFYL mode time and time again without pause.
Agni and Rudra on DMC 3 only the harder difficulties always gave me a lil trobule.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Can't think of any "unfair" ones.
Unfun though?
Literally every boss in Destiny.
Bullet Sponges.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SenatorShockwave
Unfun though?
Bullet Sponges.

Borderlands 2 says "Hello, my brother!"XD

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
smashbrolink
SenatorShockwave
Unfun though?
Bullet Sponges.

Borderlands 2 says "Hello, my brother!"XD

Doesn't take 30 minutes to kill bosses in Borderlands though.
And you actually feel like you're doing something to them.
That and the bosses aren't also aren't on steroids, where them just looking at you pretty much spells death.

Invisible Genius

User Image
Here we are, We Know it's Too Late.
Hoping only to find some closure..!
Silently waiting, Hear the calling..!
Look into the wanting eyes, my Cherished!

JASPER. BATT. JR.

Never. Under any circumstance, should this awful fight ever have been implemented.

...Oh, it's supposed to show that revenge is unsatisfying?

THAT MAKES IT WORSE. YOU CHOSE THEMATICS OVER GAME DESIGN, SUDA? YOU SUCK. YOUR GAME SUCKS. THIS BOSS SUCKS.

He's a horrible boss, and Silver the Hedgehog is better. Done.

Now we are here, We know its too late!
Hoping only to find some closure,
Silently waiting, Hear the calling!
Look into the wanting eyes, My Cherished!

Loyal Paladin

I'd have to agree with the Borderlands 2 raid bosses. Even slag doesn't help as much as it should.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff