Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello! I was wondering if any of you know some good ways to get rid of art block emotion_bigvein
I've tried a few things but it hasn't been helping...
emotion_8c
How do you get rid of your art block???
when i get art block i try drawing requests for friends or using a random pose generator to draw my favorite characters :33 this is a good one, but it only generates on pose per day. quickposes is also pretty good, but some pictures can be nude. hope this helps! cat_3nodding

Sarcastic Assailant

45,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Spirit Hoarder 500

These are a few of my tricks.

- Join an art-stream, if you do not know anyone that streams personally; try a Youtube video.
- Listen to new, potentially inspiring music.
- Pull up the work of some of your favorite artists, analyze it for tips.
- Power through it: pay closer attention to anatomy, and use your art block as an excuse to work on things you've been avoiding.
- Step away: Watch a movie, read a book, play a game; anything that might inspire you to 'want' to pick up your pen.
- Take nothing seriously.

Don't be ashamed to use references, posemaniacs is a good website.
reimerp

When I have art block...I simply draw stick figures or very shaky and bad drawings, and that is when I stare at them for minutes and say "I can do better than this" step by step, do better than that, keeping in mind "I can do better than this!" Look at other people's works(avoid looking at too good works because that might make you feel bad) get inspired by them. Or draw random stuff you see on tables n stuff. Hope that helps wink

Tenacious Sex Symbol

12,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Depends on if you have to draw for something like a project or comic. When I get art block I take it as I need a break. Otherwise I will do some figure drawing since it's just drawing what I see.

Or you can scribble whatever to warm up and get an idea. Like what was mentioned before, Music helps.
i stop drawing and study art. or i just wait till i feel like drawing again, for me personally trying to force art is more hurtful to your creativity.

Advanced Noob

reimerp
Hello! I was wondering if any of you know some good ways to get rid of art block emotion_bigvein
I've tried a few things but it hasn't been helping...
emotion_8c
How do you get rid of your art block???

Something I've done in the past is look up a phrase generator and draw whatever it said. You could also look up a band name generator and do the same. It's fun.

I've gotten "Real Woody," "Pork Pumpkin," "Wet Jammer," and I just drew monsters based on those phrases.
It's a fun and silly exercise to get your creativity flowin. 3nodding

Interesting Regular

6,175 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Type in a random word in google images and look through what it is. Try some inspirational music. Or go outside and lay on the grass. Take a walk at night. It might sound crazy but it works, my friend. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff