Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PliR
Technically, Korra talk with Aang. Also, she talk with the first Avatar ever, Wan. razz

Yes, the girl wasn't prefect. The biggest consequence/event that bothered me was when she lost the connection with all the past avatars forever. Not just for herself (because Aang lost some of his personal connection with the avatars in the comics) but for all future avatars ever. The universal connection. -_-; So the next avatar only can ask Korra for help. D: Oh boy! Sagely advice isn't everything but it is nice to have the option especially when an avatar is just starting out, you know

Um, all that Aang and Wan connection-ness happened before she lost her spiritual connection to all past Avatars. Before Korra was severed from Raava for a bit. So I'm not entirely understanding your point?

I wonder how the few peeps in the cycle right after Wan felt?

Brave new world.

Maybe the link was never truly severed after all. Maybe all the past Avatars are just muting all their phone calls. "SHH, don't answer!" Bwahahaha.

Chatty Poster

3,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gadita
PliR
Technically, Korra talk with Aang. Also, she talk with the first Avatar ever, Wan. razz

Yes, the girl wasn't prefect. The biggest consequence/event that bothered me was when she lost the connection with all the past avatars forever. Not just for herself (because Aang lost some of his personal connection with the avatars in the comics) but for all future avatars ever. The universal connection. -_-; So the next avatar only can ask Korra for help. D: Oh boy! Sagely advice isn't everything but it is nice to have the option especially when an avatar is just starting out, you know

Um, all that Aang and Wan connection-ness happened before she lost her spiritual connection to all past Avatars. Before Korra being severed from Raava for a bit. So I'm not entirely understanding your point?

Brave new world.

Maybe the link was never truly severed after all. Maybe all past the Avatars are just muting all their phone calls. "SHH, don't answer!" Bwahahaha.
Well, the OP was making it sound like she never connected with the past avatars ever, which is not technically true.

I was just basically saying she did connect with them. But then, she lost the connection forever for everyone. (Awww, I am sad about it too.) But hey, it never perfect in the first place. (That is me trying to be an adult about the situation and trying to understand the creator's intention.)

As for the mute thing... it is an imaginary world, anything could happen. As I always say when I don't agree with some story choices,
"I reject your reality and I replace it with my own. D:<" *hand shakes in the air*

If you think about it, a story is a story. Stories get retold, reworked and replaced all the time and it certain things give you way to much dissatisfaction just chose to think of it a different way. As long as it makes you happy, why not? This kind of fiction is meant to entertain you anyway. razz

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PliR
Gadita
PliR

Um, all that Aang and Wan connection-ness happened before she lost her spiritual connection to all past Avatars. Before Korra being severed from Raava for a bit. So I'm not entirely understanding your point?

Brave new world.

Maybe the link was never truly severed after all. Maybe all past the Avatars are just muting all their phone calls. "SHH, don't answer!" Bwahahaha.
Well, the OP was making it sound like she never connected with the past avatars ever, which is not technically true.

I was just basically saying she did connect with them. But then, she lost the connection forever for everyone. (Awww, I am sad about it too.) But hey, it never perfect in the first place. (That is me trying to be an adult about the situation and trying to understand the creator's intention.)

As for the mute thing... it is an imaginary world, anything could happen. As I always say when I don't agree with some story choices,
"I reject your reality and I replace it with my own. D:<" *hand shakes in the air*

If you think about it, a story is a story. Stories get retold, reworked and replaced all the time and it certain things give you way to much dissatisfaction just chose to think of it a different way. As long as it makes you happy, why not? This kind of fiction is meant to entertain you anyway. razz

You know what one of my favoritest quotes is from studying literature, film, and creative writing in college?

"There's no such thing as a truly reliable narrator."

Therefore, in theory, anything is fair game as long as it is executed well. And even if it's not.

Smoker

S3 and S4 were strong without her needing to rely on them. I liked that.

Only worrying thought is Katara being told that part of Aang is gone for good. Probably broke her heart ( again ).

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Arreat
S3 and S4 were strong without her needing to rely on them. I liked that.

Only worrying thought is Katara being told that part of Aang is gone for good. Probably broke her heart ( again ).

Which brings up a question I've asked myself on occasion: how do people who were alive and close to the Avatar through multiple incarnations deal with that reality, when Korra is both Aang and not Aang simultaneously?

"You're not my dad, Tenzin! Technically I'M YOURS YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Or how weird was it when Katara helped raise Korra and helped her learn waterbending skills, such as healing, and was such a warm and doting and enabling grandmotherly type to the new young Avatar? Did Katara ever get weird and distant on Korra's birthday?

One boon of that severed link is that, psychologically at least, maybe it helps people see Korra as just Korra (oh and Raava too I forgot).

I also agreed that seeing Korra come into her own without relying on the past was a nice message. Downright symbolic, even. Brave new world indeed!
yeah she got pretty messed up with that i saw shes got her avatar state back but idk if she can connect with past ones anymore

Hygienic Genius

Klaark
In other words, the series held real consequences for what happened and wasn't a mess of stupid bullshit.

Oh, and Korra was a bad avatar? Gee, I saw Aang take down one Fire Lord, with the help of his son, and I saw Korra take town a guy who could take away her bending, control people like puppets with his mind, then she beat an evil spirit god before taking down a flying Bane and his friends followed by Magneto if Magneto also had a Metal Gear.

Korra for the win, bitches.

emotion_brofist
I'm just going to come into this fray and toss out my opinion. :p

I, too, was disappointed that Korra didn't connect with the past Avatars. I mean, I guess I didn't really expect her to, but how does she go into the avatar state without them anyway? I mean, sure, the Avatar state amplifies her power, but I thought the most powerful part of it was the combined knowledge of the past avatars before her. THAT WAS COOL, BRO.

I also didn't really care for the choppy storylines and how each season had a different villain. It made each season seem more artificial to me, I guess. The Red Lotus season was my favorite, though.

Things I did like were Korra's independence and strong will.

In a relationship with Me myself nd me again

Noob

13,225 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Klaark
In other words, the series held real consequences for what happened and wasn't a mess of stupid bullshit.

Oh, and Korra was a bad avatar? Gee, I saw Aang take down one Fire Lord, with the help of his son, and I saw Korra take town a guy who could take away her bending, control people like puppets with his mind, then she beat an evil spirit god before taking down a flying Bane and his friends followed by Magneto if Magneto also had a Metal Gear.

Korra for the win, bitches.

Well, all of the TLAB series was only based on Aang preparing to defeat the fire lord (and eventually defeat him), while training and helping people across the world. They didn't really show Aang fighting any other MAJOR villains, like they did with Korra, one new MAJOR villain each season, basically. So, Aang could have accomplished even more amazing feats and we would never have known.
Also, he had a very short amount of time to master each of the four elements. (A summer, I believe.) While he already had a short amount of time, he also helped people around the world and completed "mini quests." This leaves even less time for training, and don't forget that he had to find his sifus. This is amazing compared to Korra, who had years to train and PERFECT the elements.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff