Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
An 11-year-old Arkansas girl is back home after taking thousands of dollars in cash from her grandmother, hailing a taxi cab and going on a trip to see a boy about 800 miles away by car in Jacksonville, Florida, according to police.

The girl, who was reported missing on Dec. 5 from her home in Bryant, southwest of Little Rock, was tracked down and found when the cab was nearing Atlanta, more than 500 miles away, Bryant Police said, adding that police in Georgia aided in the search.

"While listening anxiously on the phone, we were able to take a sigh of relief when we heard the Georgia State Trooper say, 'we have the girl in custody and she is safe'," police said in a statement on Thursday.

The taxi driver told the girl, who was not identified, it would cost $2,500 to drive to Jacksonville and the girl gave him $1,300 up front. She said she would pay the remainder on arrival, according to the statement.

"It was later found out the she had taken a large amount from her grandmother, whom she was staying with at the time," it said.

Police said they found the girl by searching her telephone records and have been questioning the cab company involved.

Her family told local TV broadcaster KARK that she had been communicating with the boy since meeting him two years ago on a family vacation.

"You have the rest of your life to punish her. You just want to hug her and just love her because you got her back and that's what's important," her father, Brent Waller, told KARK.

Bad Girl

Ferocious Browser

Wow.

At least she met the boy in person first, to ensure that he was in fact not a 50 y/o weirdo.

However, she stole from gma....that's ******** up. If they wanted to meet up that badly, they should have a good enough relationship with their families to ask them to arrange some summer vacation or something and meet halfway.

Virtuous Cleric

3,675 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
something didn't ping as OFF when an 11 year old girl came up with $1500 to pay for a cab ride?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
kameron553
something didn't ping as OFF when an 11 year old girl came up with $1500 to pay for a cab ride?

I had read a few other articles on this. Apparently, she met the cabbie away from her house and had "dolled" herself up to look older. Since a lot of young kids I know grow like weeds these days, she might not have looked 11. While still suspicious, the cabbie might have thought she was older and the money was hers.

Virtuous Cleric

3,675 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Fireweed_honey
kameron553

I had read a few other articles on this. Apparently, she met the cabbie away from her house and had "dolled" herself up to look older. Since a lot of young kids I know grow like weeds these days, she might not have looked 11. While still suspicious, the cabbie might have thought she was older and the money was hers.
wonder how many a** whoopins she would get if she was black..my ma would kill me

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
kameron553
Fireweed_honey
kameron553

wonder how many a** whoopins she would get if she was black..my ma would kill me

Us white kids got beat too. I still cringe when I see a spanking spoon (ie, large wooden spaghetti sauce spoon that doubles as an oar).

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Fireweed_honey
kameron553
Fireweed_honey
kameron553

Us white kids got beat too. I still cringe when I see a spanking spoon (ie, large wooden spaghetti sauce spoon that doubles as an oar).
Nope I got the belt.

Kawaii Shoujo

What I wanna know is... what the HELL was that girl thinking? At that age it's obviously that girl should know that stealing money and running off to meet an unknown male at that age is completely wrong and absurd to do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff