Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just got announced today. It's pretty much a PC port.

Don't care. Still getting it.

Although this pretty much confirms there will never be a FF VII Remake.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
My theory is they're testing us to see JUST how much money we'll pay for the original. I'll do it, but I sure hope there will be SOME kind of easter egg hint at the end for a bigger and better version soon. o_o

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
If they're not even willing to upscale the graphics at all, that all they can be bothered to do is a direct port, then I doubt there's any chance of a remake.
And I recall someone... I think it was Kitase, who's already said as much directly.

Sauce.

Short form: it was Kitase; and if he were to do a remake of 7, it would be his magnum opus, and would have to have all of his motivation and pretty much all of Square's resources.

(Other Squarepeople, such as Nomura, have set another condition: either another FF comes out that blows 7 out of the water, or a 7 remake would be the final fantasy.)
the trolling was amazing.
for a moment everyone thought it was the fabled remake and everyone was hyped as ********.
then the trailer happened.
Zered Heizien
the trolling was amazing.
for a moment everyone thought it was the fabled remake and everyone was hyped as ********.
then the trailer happened.
When I seen the logo, I figured it was too good to be true. There was still a part of me that was hyped for a moment though..

And also, why would they announce something that big at the PlayStation Experience anyways.
How many times are they gonna port things over

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Raidus

And how many times are people going to think this will be a remake?

They have ported/rehashed/whatever the s**t out of FF1-6 now it is VII's turn, just wait though as it will be VIII soon enough.

Friendly Bookworm

Sandokiri
And I recall someone... I think it was Kitase, who's already said as much directly.

Sauce.

Short form: it was Kitase; and if he were to do a remake of 7, it would be his magnum opus, and would have to have all of his motivation and pretty much all of Square's resources.

(Other Squarepeople, such as Nomura, have set another condition: either another FF comes out that blows 7 out of the water, or a 7 remake would be the final fantasy.)

I've been saying this for years! Either blow it out of the water with a new Final Fantasy or remaking it now would be THE Final Fantasy.

Personally. I don't mind. What's wrong with old school graphics? I'd rather let my little cousins see what MY videos games were back in the day when I was close to their age (Then again, I played VII at 15...)

People will still buy it. It's VII.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
Nafretiti
Raidus

They have ported/rehashed/whatever the s**t out of FF1-6 now it is VII's turn, just wait though as it will be VIII soon enough.

That's what I hate about so many so-called FF6 fans too. I won't even be dissing their game (it's awesome and I love it so why would I) and I say I like FF7 and they get in my face all "FF7 is s**t! They should remake FF6! That's the BEST GAME! Yeah FF7 what a lousy game!" Like who asked them? And FF6 HAS had remakes. Upgrades, downgrades, CGI movies, retranslations, the works! We don't even get a decent translation! They could at least give us that... cat_crying

(Also the angriest and loudest FF6 fans never know s**t about the game. I don't think most of them have even played it from start to finish.)
Oh. My. God.

ENOUGH.

I'm sorry but I seriously cannot handle people falling for this garbage anymore. The remake is never happening. It's not a test. It's not a trick. It's not a tease. It's straight up. Not. Happening. Ever.
Nafretiti
Raidus

Personally, I think that these games should take a back seat and why:

1: Dissidia and 012 are basically extensions of this game.
4: Has a sequel and an outright remake (though it is in the same engine as 3's remake.)
7: Has the Compilation.
10: Has X-2 and recently the HD Remaster.
12: Has a number of games indicative of Street Fighter Syndrome. I guess I'll describe it that way.
13: Has a series that resembles the Compilation of 7.

FF8, though one of my least favourite of the numbered series because I can't bleeming stand Rinoa, gets a turn. This can either be a prequel / spinoff that is Laguna's story, or perhaps a sequel or remake or somesuch.

Then we get 15 rolling, and then 9 can get a turn once the "sports cars and summoners" thing starts to sputter out.
Kuja9113
Oh. My. God.

ENOUGH.

I'm sorry but I seriously cannot handle people falling for this garbage anymore. The remake is never happening. It's not a test. It's not a trick. It's not a tease. It's straight up. Not. Happening. Ever.
In 10 years when it does happen.

Ill find you.

I don't know how.

But I will.

And I will show you this post.

And then you'll call the police.

And after everything is said and done.

You'll be humbled.

Friendly Bookworm

Kuja9113
Oh. My. God.

ENOUGH.

I would tip you a million gold just for this! Thank you!
Dr Geo
Just got announced today. It's pretty much a PC port.

Don't care. Still getting it.

Although this pretty much confirms there will never be a FF VII Remake.
Square has confirmed multiple times that there will not be a remake/

The PC version has better audio quality on the music, and the polygons are higher resolution. As such, it is a better looking and sounding version of the game. It won't look anything close to next gen, though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff