Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Associate

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A white police officer will not face charges for fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager in a case that set off violent protests and racial unrest throughout the nation.

A St. Louis County grand jury declined to indict officer Darren Wilson, 28, for firing six shots in an August confrontation that killed 18-year-old Michael Brown, St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch said tonight.

Article

Where a white person can rape a girl, post it online and get off scott-free all the while being told it's a shame that he'd lose his scholarship.
But a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun, is shot and killed without so much as a blink of an eye.

This is America's State.
This is "the best country in the world."

Wheezing Associate

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A minus 1.
To whoever felt the need to do that, I feel so sorry for you.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
My only problem with it is that it was announced in the middle if Dancing With the Stars over here on the East Coast. I had a slight feeling that this wasn't going to go court on the first place, even though I did think that the officer needed to be punished in some way. I kinda forgot about the whole thing about mid-August, really.

Cutie-Pie

Honey of the South
My only problem with it is that it was announced in the middle if Dancing With the Stars over here on the East Coast. I had a slight feeling that this wasn't going to go court on the first place, even though I did think that the officer needed to be punished in some way. I kinda forgot about the whole thing about mid-August, really.

User Image

are you kidding me

User Image

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I was this close to wanting it to go to court to get it all out there. The truth that is. To be able to see the dash cam of this going down Street video all of it.

Shots are being fired amid protesters right now.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Honey of the South

Oh no, you have been inconvenienced. How sad for you.

Tipsy Smoker

Circus parade.

Liberal Fatcat

Malee
Honey of the South

Oh no, you have been inconvenienced. How sad for you.

#FirstWorldProblems

Anyway, I shouldnt be surprised. Shouldn't be surprised in the very least. As much as I love this country, sometimes it makes me so sick to my stomach. So sick. This is one of those times.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I thought he would have gotten a manslaughter charge at least. Guess there was more evidence that the news wasn't made privvy to/didn't want to share.

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Good... Now all these silly protesters can go home and move on with their lives.

Unstoppable Seeker

15,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Golden Black Tea
Good... Now all these silly protesters can go home and move on with their lives.
Good luck with that. We'll probably be reading about them and seeing them on the news for the next several weeks with the results we have now.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tsukabu Nosoratori
Golden Black Tea
Good luck with that. We'll probably be reading about them and seeing them on the news for the next several weeks with the results we have now.

Yeah, they're probably destroying property and breaking into stores and stealing s**t because 'justice' anyway right now.

Anxious Informer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Justice was served. From what is known to the public, there wasn't enough to indict the officer. The members of the jury were presented *all* the facts and decided that it wasn't enough to go to trial. But clearly this isn't going to stop people from "protesting" because they didn't get the decision they wanted. The streets of Ferguson is the last place I'd want to be right now.

Hilarious Raider

Eyewitnesses said they saw the cop shooting Brown in the back as he was running away...
El Frito Bandito
Eyewitnesses said they saw the cop shooting Brown in the back as he was running away...

Autopsy showed otherwise, and once that info was released, those "witnesses" changed their stories.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff