15,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Teagen Sirrus
Tsukabu Nosoratori
Teagen Sirrus
Sadly the riots are just starting.
I live in St. Louis and right now the air is tense. Though I live about 20 minutes south everyone is worried, and saddened by what happened.
I also work in law, and by all accounts my guess is that the jury followed the law, and the law does not hold the officer accountable.
Goodness, I hope it doesn't spill into the other cities and you guys can stay safe! This is crazy, humanity at it's 'best' *sarcasm with the best comment in case it's hard to tell on the internet*
I hope not too.
All the courts are going to be messed up tomorrow......... making my job harder.
Urgh! I feel for you. From what I understand, working in the law is hard enough as it is. But with all that's going on right now in Ferguson... I hope you have something that helps keep your sanity gonk
Teagen Sirrus
Tsukabu Nosoratori
Teagen Sirrus
Sadly the riots are just starting.
I live in St. Louis and right now the air is tense. Though I live about 20 minutes south everyone is worried, and saddened by what happened.
I also work in law, and by all accounts my guess is that the jury followed the law, and the law does not hold the officer accountable.
Goodness, I hope it doesn't spill into the other cities and you guys can stay safe! This is crazy, humanity at it's 'best' *sarcasm with the best comment in case it's hard to tell on the internet*
I hope not too.
All the courts are going to be messed up tomorrow......... making my job harder.

USA Today is reporting Union Square in New York is getting pretty fiesty. I'm seeing some scattered stories of Detroit and Oakland as well.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
--Sky Kid Tai--
USA Today is reporting Union Square in New York is getting pretty fiesty. I'm seeing some scattered stories of Detroit and Oakland as well.
That doesn't surprise me. I have a feeling noise will be made all over the country.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Tsukabu Nosoratori
Urgh! I feel for you. From what I understand, working in the law is hard enough as it is. But with all that's going on right now in Ferguson... I hope you have something that helps keep your sanity gonk
Well luckily I only work in boring parts of the law, like estate planning and patents.
There is only one talked about case where someone killed their patent attorney.

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I can't wait until the media focuses on something else other than a random passed thug. St. Louis should just burn to the ground and start the ******** over. Until then I really couldn't care less.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
https://www.facebook.com/thenewsjunkie

If you click that link, you'll see all sorts of biased post and hilariously hate filled comments for and against the black guy and the cop. Mostly racist comments, that are funny depending on what levels of humor you're willing to have.

Tipsy Smoker

Chibi Halo
          Now the racist remarks are going to get worse and more visceral over social media. This is what I hate about this whole situation. People who don't personally know a single person of another race go around making blanket statements on places like Facebook writing off millions of little boys and girls because of their skin color. The things they call them are sickening and I honestly don't know how my cousin isn't outraged at people who think her son is going to grow up to be a gang member who only wants to go around raping women left and right. It just isn't right that people think they can make snap judgements on someone they don't even know.

I have ninety-one relatives and the fact that eighty-six of them are one hundred percent white means nothing when two of the five others have black fathers. They are the nicest pair of kids in the world but because they were born to black fathers and don't look like the rest of us the entire world already has their lives figured out. It's just not fair to them or any other little kid like them.

This is how I feel.

Angelic Blob

Signing onto Gaia and having to deal with racism should not be a part of my day.

My trust in people dwindled this year, and the events of this case contributed to that.

Punny Skeleton

Odd Cinderella
So....
livestream

Was watching this, when the dude's phone got stolen.

User Image

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Keavy Dragneel
Odd Cinderella
So....
livestream

User Image

Wonder if he'll go ask the cops he was insulting earlier for help getting it back...

Hopeful Girl

Keavy Dragneel
Odd Cinderella
So....
livestream

User Image

Oh! So that's what happened. Thanks.

Wheezing Associate

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
David2074
A jury is supposed to be unbiased and base their decisions on the evidence provided to them, detached from emotional bias.

In this case the alleged eye witnesses gave conflicting and sometimes changing accounts of what they saw.
The autopsy supported the officer's version of the events and AFAIK the second federal autopsy has not shown anything different.

If this situation were reversed, and it was Brown who was being accused of murder, then no doubt the black community in Ferguson would be trumpeting this as proof of his innocence. But because the skin colors are reversed this same stuff is "proof" that the white people are lying and somehow justifies burning cop cars, throwing bricks and bottles and molotov cocktails

Also - found it interesting the article was commenting negatively on how his dead body laid there for four hours. He wasn't getting any deader and they were investigating the scene. No doubt had they instead whisked his body away quickly there would be people claiming they did it to cover up evidence.

The grand jury is made up of nine white and three black jurors.A decision on criminal charges requires agreement from at least nine of the 12.
Jeeze, it just so happens that there is the exact number of white people as there are people needed to produce an indictment. What a coinky-dink!

Just to stifle your claims on the eye witnesses.
here you go

And how did the autopsy confirm Wilson's claims?
When it was found Brown died 150 ft from the car despite Wilson's claim of it being 35 feet?
How all the eyewitnesses did agree to a physical altercation but nothing about Robert McCulloch's clam that Brown didn't attempt to surrender and instead reportedly charged at Wilson before the final shots were fired?
And about your whole eyewitnesses, I'm sure you're getting your info from McCulloch so you know how he claimed that Brown was stopped because he fit the description of a man who just robbed a store but in reality was stopped because of jaywalking

As the colors are now, people still think Wilson was in the right.
But lets give this reverse-color scenario.
A black cop kills an unarmed white teen, do you know what would happen?
The black cop would be fired, jailed, executed and probably considered a terrorist.
A 12 year old boy was shot because he had BB Gun, while a 30 some year old white man was waving a fully loaded gun in a park and was just detained and let go with no charges.

A body was left strewn on the ground, and no one called the paramedics. Other police officers came and roped off the area hours before medical services were called. that's what you should get out of it, not this concluding of what MIGHT'VE happened.

but ya' know, being edgy is cool right?

Hopeful Girl

Cold Sandstorm
I can't wait until the media focuses on something else other than a random passed thug. St. Louis should just burn to the ground and start the ******** over. Until then I really couldn't care less.

I don't think walking around in daylight, in front of people being considered a thug... sweatdrop

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
May the people of Ferguson get what they deserve. Rioting over the fact that some criminal was stopped from further criminality. This really was just an excuse for you to loot your fellow man. For shame, Ferguson.

Witnesses who bald-faced lie to the media have their false testimony taken for gospel, while witnesses who give the most consistent testimony can be ignored for the sake of convenience. But by all means, Ferguson et al, trust reprobates like Dorian Johnson over decent citizens.

I can be quite assured that not a single rioter even bothered to sit down and hear the Prosecutor out, because only the reasonable are capable of such restraint.

Time-traveling Senshi

Love Muffin88
https://www.facebook.com/thenewsjunkie

If you click that link, you'll see all sorts of biased post and hilariously hate filled comments for and against the black guy and the cop. Mostly racist comments, that are funny depending on what levels of humor you're willing to have.

Racist comments are never funny. Do you have any blood relatives who are black? I do and this whole thing has me nearly in tears at how people out there have written off a boy who's not even nine years old yet that they don't even know thinking he and his little sister aren't even human just because their fathers are black. It doesn't matter that they have eighty-nine white and half white (my brother's daughters are half Chinese) relatives. What matters to a lot of sick minded people is the color of their skin. How my cousin can stay positive when the rest of the world either thinks her son should grow up to join a gang to prove he's black enough or will grow up to rape women and should be castrated because he's half black is beyond me. I hate to even think what they'll say about her little girl as she gets older.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff