• Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
About the "Project custom Tailored-Stylist pattern Ticket"-
my attention was drawn to this item,
the ticket-winner,
since if you read the rules;
-Link to Pattern-Ticket Rules thread-

It's basically saying that the winner get to select an item for gaiaonline to edit/remake,
however-
they don't get to see the item before it's released,
so basically; they just get to say "I want another version of this item."
-more or less,

*the winner's also allowed only 50 words to describe the change they want,
and possibly an image

I'd also like to bring up the winter-date,
where winners get to chat with an NPC-
that is; a member of gaiaonline,
pretends to be an NPC,
and chats with the winners-
in other words,
it's nothing but some exchanging of words,
it's not even an item win, the winners don't even win an NPC-item to side with their avatar as a date,
the only work needed from gaiaonline is basically someone to sit down and chat with the winner/winners.

-outrageous i say!

Divine Muse

This will be an unpopular opinion but as long as users are buying it and interested, this s**t IS going to fly.

"Creatively interpreted by an artist" doesn't allow much freedom at all. There is no point to stifling the users creativity and making them spend money to do it. What if the description is of a manly outfit and the artist interprets that to mean lace baby doll dresses?

But if someone will be a sucker, they will be a sucker no matter what.

(Mod Note - This is on topic, leave me the hell alone you've already made SF a very toxic forum for me.)

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Jayce Reinhardt
This will be an unpopular opinion but as long as users are buying it and interested, this s**t IS going to fly.

"Creatively interpreted by an artist" doesn't allow much freedom at all. There is no point to stifling the users creativity and making them spend money to do it. What if the description is of a manly outfit and the artist interprets that to mean lace baby doll dresses?

(Mod Note - This is on topic, leave me the hell alone you've already made SF a very toxic forum for me.)

can't help but feel that the users are being cheated though,

a text-only win isn't worth much in my opinion,

and the other win is basically just the staff asking for inspiration since they've got none themselves?

Divine Muse

Konani_NTH
Jayce Reinhardt

and the other win is basically just the staff asking for inspiration since they've got none themselves?

You are right, a text only date (Minimum of 15 posts) isn't the best prize in the world but I never won any ticket, ever and this was handed to me due to my liking a certain NPC since 2003.

People banded together, I didn't ask them to and frankly I wish I had people offline that cared that much for me, to get me this ticket so I will make the best use of it as I can. I will RP my brains out since this might be the only time I win anything on Gaia through massive help from friends. I don't like people downing the Mint ticket but I can't tell them they are completely wrong because they aren't. Not completely.

I hope this made sense.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

The users aren't being cheated. Most users are never going to get their dream items made, recolored or whatever without the aid of a ticket. Users should always read the faq for tickets before buying and if it doesn't appeal to them then just not buy it.

There are plenty of users back during save our shops who donated millions for a profile comment. So I'm sure npc lovers will spend gold or cash for a mint ticket and it will be worth it to them

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Jayce Reinhardt
Konani_NTH
Jayce Reinhardt

You are right, a text only date (Minimum of 15 posts) isn't the best prize in the world but I never won any ticket, ever and this was handed to me due to my liking a certain NPC since 2003.

People banded together, I didn't ask them to and frankly I wish I had people offline that cared that much for me, to get me this ticket so I will make the best use of it as I can. I will RP my brains out since this might be the only time I win anything on Gaia through massive help from friends. I don't like people downing the Mint ticket but I can't tell them they are completely wrong because they aren't. Not completely.

I hope this made sense.

I still think it would be more fair to the user, and users, if the winner would also receive an item representing their date; like a companion or box of chocolate with a greeting,
just texting doesn't feel like it would be worth paying actual money for it,
as a win from a gold-RiG, yes, maybe- but something you're paying money for,
and so much money, in order to get a ticket out of everything else available in that rig?

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Doc Arkham
The users aren't being cheated. Most users are never going to get their dream items made, recolored or whatever without the aid of a ticket. Users should always read the faq for tickets before buying and if it doesn't appeal to them then just not buy it.

There are plenty of users back during save our shops who donated millions for a profile comment. So I'm sure npc lovers will spend gold or cash for a mint ticket and it will be worth it to them

The save our shops was to keep the shops up though, wasn't it?
And gold is gold, Cash is actual money-
which is why i think it's more of an issue

and users won't get their dream items made,
as much as they just get to tell the staff what item they want remade,
they won't even get to see what is being made before it's out-
They're a risk to begin with. The fact that people are willing to waste real money on this kind of stuff is their own choice. I used to waste my money on this place but decided to stop because I realized for myself I didn't like what I was spending on and so stopped. If they get cheated, well that's what happens with these kind of winnings.

As mama always said if something seems too good to be true it usually is.

It's like dirty Santa really. You don't know what you'll get. One year I got a cool cup and the next I got a pair of socks. Not even Christmas socks. -_- But I chose to participate and so there we go.

I used to feel sorry for users about these tickets but I've come to realize that Gaia has no obligation to keep about the tickets with how they're treating everything else.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Konani_NTH

But a lot of users even at that time used cash to make gold. I only mentioned it to show that prize value is subjective to each user. At that time I thought donating a million gold for a profile comment was absurb, but to those users it had value. You think a text based rp date for cash is just as absurb (and I agree), but for some users npc interaction is better than items or other prizes.

As for the new ticket the user still gets what they want and what they paid for outlined in the faq so I don't see the problem. I'd love a remake of cherubic for males without a ticket it likely won't happen. So if I get a ticket ask for that, that's what I'm getting. No point in complaining before these items come out and someone asks for male cherubic and instead gets another girl version.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Eh, it's all relative to who's got the ticket, yeah?

I wouldn't want the Mint ticket, because I'm not much into RP in the first place and would be frankly uncomfortable playing at being on a date with a complete stranger pretending to be a fictional character. But just because it's not for me, doesn't mean it's not for somebody. After seeing the results of some of the Golden tickets, I wouldn't particularly want one of them, either, but it's still a dream for many. If somebody wins a ticket, and it's not their thing, they sell it or give it to someone for whom it is worth it. It's not really my place to tell somebody else what they're allowed to find valuable.

(I will laugh, though, if somebody with a Pattern ticket asks for a male version of some item, and the new version comes with an envelope or a stamp or something. Even I have to admit that ticket is more likely than most to end in tears.)

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Doc Arkham
Konani_NTH

But a lot of users even at that time used cash to make gold. I only mentioned it to show that prize value is subjective to each user. At that time I thought donating a million gold for a profile comment was absurb, but to those users it had value. You think a text based rp date for cash is just as absurb (and I agree), but for some users npc interaction is better than items or other prizes.

As for the new ticket the user still gets what they want and what they paid for outlined in the faq so I don't see the problem. I'd love a remake of cherubic for males without a ticket it likely won't happen. So if I get a ticket ask for that, that's what I'm getting. No point in complaining before these items come out and someone asks for male cherubic and instead gets another girl version.

It is still incredibly vague for a winner to just pick an item and spell out some words for a random artist of gaiaonline to pick inspiration from to make a "new item"-
Basically, the winner can only guess what happens to their win, and doesn't get to see what's being made, nor can they give any directions to make the item more like what they envisioned-

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Konani_NTH

It is still incredibly vague for a winner to just pick an item and spell out some words for a random artist of gaiaonline to pick inspiration from to make a "new item"-
Basically, the winner can only guess what happens to their win, and doesn't get to see what's being made, nor can they give any directions to make the item more like what they envisioned-

It is vague but that's the reward for this specific ticket. If the user wants more input they will have to get a ticket where more collaboration is the reward such as the golden type tickets

Fashionable Saint

I said the same thing yesterday. Tbh I don't hate the idea. I just feel that it's grossly inappropriate to stick it in a rig with chances so low that hundreds of dollars will have to be spent before all possible tickets are claimed.

If anything, this should have been a contest or sweepstakes of some kind meant for Gaians, free of charge. And once upon a time, this something that Gaia would have done for us. Same goes for the Minty Ticket. Though I have to give it up to the marketing team. They are finding increasingly creative ways to make money for less effort on their end. All they have to do is dangle in front of the userbase what they are desperately starved for. (NPC interaction, items, a chance to actually have their voice heard albeit for a price, etc.)

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Doc Arkham
Konani_NTH

It is vague but that's the reward for this specific ticket. If the user wants more input they will have to get a ticket where more collaboration is the reward such as the golden type tickets

the golden ticket isn't always a good pick either, i've seen and heard recently

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces