Hoarding Hoarder

Sensei Chyaku
Konani_NTH
x-iiSupafly
EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED. PEOPLE STOP JACKING UP PRICES LIKE WTF

you for serious?
it's all the gold generator's fault,
gaiaonline cares most only for cash nowadays,
whatever makes people spend real money on the site is what they'll go for.

It can't be the gold generators fault. It is the users who price the items so high. I understand that it costs them tons of cash but I mean they could control the marketplace prices easily, no need to be greedy, even if the tax fee is now 5%.

But it is. Gold Generators were introduced, leading people to hit the gold cap on multiple accounts and mules. People had a hard time exchanging items that way so the gold cap was removed, leading users to be able to price things at higher amounts. With people getting more gold from the generators as well they could afford items at those higher amounts that would lead people into a never ending circle of inflation.

Unless there are more ways to remove the gold from the system, the problem will not be fixed. They've already stated they will not remove gold generators either, so unless there are more gold sinks we're stuck.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Aw, I thought that this would be actual feedback...
Son I am Disappoint.

Devoted Cleric

10,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gaia's economy tanked ever since they started giving out gold in the millions and now billions in the gold gens. If gold gens didn't exist in the cash shop the market would be more stable and people could afford good items for reasonable prices. New items are around 40 billion gold and higher so it forces people to either buy items with cash or sell a ton of their stuff to get enough money to have gold for it which is really sad. No other game I play forces people to pay billions for anything.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Bee Movie Suit
Sensei Chyaku
Konani_NTH
x-iiSupafly

you for serious?

It can't be the gold generators fault. It is the users who price the items so high. I understand that it costs them tons of cash but I mean they could control the marketplace prices easily, no need to be greedy, even if the tax fee is now 5%.

But it is. Gold Generators were introduced, leading people to hit the gold cap on multiple accounts and mules. People had a hard time exchanging items that way so the gold cap was removed, leading users to be able to price things at higher amounts. With people getting more gold from the generators as well they could afford items at those higher amounts that would lead people into a never ending circle of inflation.

Unless there are more ways to remove the gold from the system, the problem will not be fixed. They've already stated they will not remove gold generators either, so unless there are more gold sinks we're stuck.

would be nice with a gold-cap on the marketplace prices;
what do you think would happen if nothing could be sold for more than 1 trillion in the marketplace ;D?

i mean; people could still have more money on their accounts, but a 1tril cap on what they sell in the MP .w.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Shisei Tenshi
Gaia's economy tanked ever since they started giving out gold in the millions and now billions in the gold gens. If gold gens didn't exist in the cash shop the market would be more stable and people could afford good items for reasonable prices. New items are around 40 billion gold and higher so it forces people to either buy items with cash or sell a ton of their stuff to get enough money to have gold for it which is really sad. No other game I play forces people to pay billions for anything.

Technically-
we're not forced to buy nor sell anything,
with neither cash nor gold,
the pressure is there- certainly,
but we're not forced to do anything on this site-
we always have a choice..

-even if that choice has lead so many to purchase gold gens, still buy gold gens, and continues to poop on the marketplace through the use of those gold gens stare
The MP has been crap since....I dunno

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Why would people sell items for less when they know perfectly well that people will buy items for a couple billion in gold thanks to all the gold gens Gaia keeps releasing?

And we've already been told that as long as there are people who are willing to buy gold gens Gaia will keep releasing them. So the prices in the marketplace are only going to keep going up. So please place the blame on the right thing the gold gens.

Also Gaia is NOT a game. It's a social networking forum site with some games on it.

Devoted Abomination

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
It's poop and it'll probably always be poop.
I would like to sell my stuff at decent prices, but then where does that leave me?
Hurting for gold and unable to afford anything else that's being sold.
Gotta adjust with the times.
Gaia will never allow the marketplace to be at a decent level. I personally believe Gaia is trying to devalue gold to force users not just to spend money on GG but on the tiems as well and to drop wanting to spend on gold at all.

Can you guys imagine what it will be like with all the increases if Gaia's still around by next year? I can't even fathom how bad things are goign to get if Gaia keeps increasing the gold.

It doesn't help inflation except by being the kindle for the flames to feed on. *sighs* I haven't spent anything on the MP for a month now. And no one wants my items on the MP :p So I am done with that game.

Hoarding Hoarder

Konani_NTH

what do you think would happen if nothing could be sold for more than 1 trillion in the marketplace ;D?

i mean; people could still have more money on their accounts, but a 1tril cap on what they sell in the MP .w.

In a perfect world maybe, but if a cap was but back on the MP, most people would probably just move over to the exchange forum instead. xp

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Bee Movie Suit
Konani_NTH

In a perfect world maybe, but if a cap was but back on the MP, most people would probably just move over to the exchange forum instead. xp

hm... that would be interesting, to have no high-priced items in the marketplace _xD

Dapper Noob

Sensei Chyaku
Konani_NTH
x-iiSupafly

you for serious?

And people only started charging so much because gold gens put more gold into the system. Prices will always be based on what the richest users are able to spend...no one gives two shits about the rest of us.

Perfect Saint

Konani_NTH
Bee Movie Suit
Konani_NTH

hm... that would be interesting, to have no high-priced items in the marketplace _xD
Interesting, but futile. It'll just be like sometime before March before they changed the MP cap from 1 billion to over a quintillion. People just didn't sell big ticket items as much as show them off in the MP. The real trading occurred in the Exchange where there were multiple trades using mules maxed out to 2.147 b and used items for bartering. Even when the staff held those auctions in the Exchange, they allowed the multiple mule exchanges because the system didn't allow for straight trades. I guess they realized the frustration and changed the cap soon after.

In the end, adding back the 1 or even the 1 T cap would just 'break' the MP for bigger items and drive trade into the Exchange where the transactions are not affected by the 5% listing fee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff